Sign in to follow this  
meesterlijk

FAIB 767 released!

Here is a heads up for the new release of the FAIB 767. It appears to be also released for FS9. I dit not have time to check it out on my sim but I will later this week. The strange thing though is that there are some fresh repaints  from Juergen Baumbusch but it seems that he made fs9- repaints for the AIA model and fsx paint for the FAIB model?

well, I will find out soon. It looks great!

• Upvote 1

Oh yeah. Got it working nicely with the repaints from the FAIB website. I first installed the American Airlines fleet and installed them together with the AAL flightplans from AIG. I converted the textures so they work in fs9 and they all show up like they should. 

But there is one important thing missing. There is no lightmap. Is it possible to use a lightmap from the AIA 767? Or do these combination cause trouble? You have any experience with these issues?

awesome thanks Bert :) here is some links.

http://fsxaibureau.com

http://www.juergenbaumbusch.de

• Upvote 1

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

The B767 models are so popular that they temporarily caused one of the best AI paint download websites to crash (www.flyingcarpet75.com). Most of the 767 models come with 4K texture sheets and are P3d4 native (along with FSX of course).

AI aircraft models are  becoming focused on FSPX and FAIB for Boeing and Airbus types. Also coming up soon from FAIB, the Airbus neo and Boeing max models.

1 hour ago, flyerkg said:

This is definitely a great day!

Definitely :)

2 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The B767 models are so popular that they temporarily caused one of the best AI paint download websites to crash (www.flyingcarpet75.com). Most of the 767 models come with 4K texture sheets and are P3d4 native (along with FSX of course).

AI aircraft models are  becoming focused on FSPX and FAIB for Boeing and Airbus types. Also coming up soon from FAIB, the Airbus neo and Boeing max models.

Its funny Jay I was just getting ready to start changing ai models and this comes out lol some good stuff coming.

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

The release of just one new type like the B767 and its associated paints can keep an AI enthusiast busy redoing schedules for hours. The FAIB version looks a lot more realistic than the legacy AIA model that it replaces.

9 hours ago, meesterlijk said:

But there is one important thing missing. There is no lightmap. Is it possible to use a lightmap from the AIA 767?

The B767 FAIB and AIA texture sheets don't line up so they are not interchangeable. However, the FAIB texture sheets have an alpha channel which could be extracted with either imagetool or Photoshop and used as a light map.

The lightmap is generic to each model. Crazy as it seems, read the README!.txt  :)

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

9 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The B767 FAIB and AIA texture sheets don't line up so they are not interchangeable. However, the FAIB texture sheets have an alpha channel which could be extracted with either imagetool or Photoshop and used as a light map.

Oh man. That looks like a difficult thing to do. Im not into alpha channels. Ive tried it but I cant get it working. 

18 hours ago, Silverbird said:

Also coming up soon from FAIB, the Airbus neo and Boeing max models.

Just a correction, the Boeing 737 max is being developed as payware by FSPainter (Mitsushi Yutaka), not FAIB.

On 11/6/2017 at 2:18 PM, meesterlijk said:

Oh yeah. Got it working nicely with the repaints from the FAIB website. I first installed the American Airlines fleet and installed them together with the AAL flightplans from AIG. I converted the textures so they work in fs9 and they all show up like they should. 

But there is one important thing missing. There is no lightmap. Is it possible to use a lightmap from the AIA 767? Or do these combination cause trouble? You have any experience with these issues?

Hello.  May I ask how you were able to extract the alphas so that they could be applied to the converted textures?  I am very familiar with the FSX/P3D to FS9 conversion process, but cannot successfully extract and apply the alphas (I do not own Photoshop).  The 767s aircraft appear in FS9, but are transparent except for the tail and a few details.

Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ Gigabyte AORUS RTX 3080 EXTREME ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB ▪︎ Windows 10 Enterprise (21H2) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB NVME SSD (FS2020) ▪︎ Western Digital 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU