Sign in to follow this  
stratfordman10

FS Global Next Generation Mesh cfg issue

I have just downloaded via 19 dvd's the above product and is on my C Drive even though I placed the dvd's on my D Drive.

Anyway the product shows within my scenery library and is positioned in the right place.

However,when I fire up P3D v4.1 I get the following message;

Could not find Scenery Area 100's scenery directory C:\FSGU_NG\OCE\Scenery and the same for the next 7 entries.

I then have to say yes to unloading the areas for P3d to open up.

Now,I notice in my scenery cfg file all 7 entries show the following;

Active=False

Required =False.

I have done something wrong but not sure what it is and would appreciate some assistance please.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Michael

Michael Broom

Did you let the installer download its latest version?

Thanks for your reply.

Please forgive my ignorance but I just downloaded the DVD's straight on to my PC.

Could you please enlighten me as to what you mean by the installer download latest version.

Please forgive me if the answer is obvious.

Just one final point and that is if I changed the scenery cfg entry Active=False and manually altered that entry to True would that make the difference?

Michael

Michael Broom

Not sure how this download is presented to you, are they ISO files? I own the DVD version and with that when you run the installer it searches online for the latest version 

30 minutes ago, stratfordman10 said:

Please forgive my ignorance but I just downloaded the DVD's straight on to my PC.

Could you please enlighten me as to what you mean by the installer download latest version.

Ok, let's back up a bit - where did you purchase FSG? Did you d/l the dvd's from the same place?

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi,

Again thanks for your reply.

I just downloaded from the DVD's and that was it.

I am just wondering in that you say that you too have the DVD version and I am just curious to see whether or not within your scenery cfg folder you have your entries as Active=True or False.

If you have True I am also wondering if it is safe for me to manually alter my scenery cfg folder in respect of these entries.

Anyway,it would be great if you can come back to me.

Michael

Michael Broom

HI Vic,

I purchased originally the download version but because the size of the download was so huge I encountered problems so I paid a bit extra and ordered and received the DVD version instead from FlightSimStore.

Hoping this might help.

Michael

Michael Broom

What is the file extension? is it ISO? if so you need to mount the dvd images to install with something like daemon tools. Did you run a setup to install ?

suggest you register your purchase with pilots and ask there

ok, if you have the DVD's  - are they numbered? 1,2,3,.etc. If so, put in #1 and see if there's a file called setup and run it.

I don 't know for sure about FSG but most DVD sets will install themselves - you do NOT need to copy anything - just run the installer.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Yes,I installed as normal off the DVD’s and ran the set up and followed the instructions.

All the DVD’s were downloaded and the product is on my PC and in my scenery library as I have already described and they are in the correct position in the library.

However the active= false is shown against each of the scenery entries and I am wondering whether I should manually alter this to True to make it work.

I would appreciate further help please.

Michael

Michael Broom

If the entries show active=false then your install had an error. Have you asked about this directly from the developer? 

I'm sure you could manually change the entries but I would wonder what else might be wrong with the install.

Check the dopcumentation - perhaps you have to ENABLE it in the SIM. Does it show up in the Scenery Library in P3D? Is there a checkmark in the box next to each entry? If no - check each one.

Vic

16 hours ago, stratfordman10 said:

HI Vic,

I purchased originally the download version but because the size of the download was so huge I encountered problems so I paid a bit extra and ordered and received the DVD version instead from FlightSimStore.

Hoping this might help.

Michael

Michael,

I still don't get it. You say you paid extra to get the DVDs, which you have also received, but you still talk about downloading them... I'm a bit confused...

Newertheless don't forget to:

1. Never run P3D (or any other SIM) from your C drive

2. Run P3D (or...) in admin mode

3. Turn of your AV and UAC and check if your AV solution somehow protects your C Dokuments folder (e.g. BitDefender 2018 protects your private folders from malware)

3. Run FSG Next setup as admin

4. After entering your credentials, the setup WILL HAVE TO ask you if you want to download the latest installer (this has the p3d v4 compatibility)

5. Enjoy the product...

If the installer has an error it will open a separate window with text. You will be asked to copy that text and send it via Mail to the FS.

Regards,

Gerald

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech