Sign in to follow this  
lennie

temporarily disable PTA

Hi guys,

I recently bought FSDT KSDF and having problems with it. After about 5 minutes taxiing around the airport, the taxiways, runways all turn black. I have posted on the FSDT forum but no solution suggested. I disabled KSDF in Orbx AEC and i thought that solved it, but after 15 minutes; runways black and no markings.

I would like to try to disable PTA for that airport and see if it helps. How do I do that?

Thanks!

Just reinstall the P3D client, it'll restore the shaders back to their original state.

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

I am not a computer person, sorry. What does it mean "reinstall the P3D client'. i have not idea.

6 hours ago, MattDavies said:

Just reinstall the P3D client, it'll restore the shaders back to their original state.

The current version of PTA has not the possibility to restore the original P3D shaders?. I think it's way easier to do that instead of going back to install the P3D Client.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I would be curious to get a clarification on this because I was under the impression that you could restore the P3D original shaders from within PTA.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

3 hours ago, brucewtb said:

I would be curious to get a clarification on this because I was under the impression that you could restore the P3D original shaders from within PTA.

Bruceb

You are right...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 6-11-2017 at 9:27 PM, MattDavies said:

Very odd and almost dangerous advice... You can indeed reinstall the original shaders using the menu in PTA.

Thanks, gents. That's what I will do!

On 11/9/2017 at 0:30 PM, J van E said:

Very odd and almost dangerous advice... You can indeed reinstall the original shaders using the menu in PTA.

Sure you can restore via PTA too, but sometimes the backups are somehow corrupt - saves me answering that question should his shader backup be corrupt :D

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

I will have to disagree with the statement that re-installing the Client is a dangerous operation. In the last year or so I have re-installed client at least 4 times, it can be necessary if one has too much fun "experimenting" and shaders become corrupt. It's the easiest and quickest way to fix corrupted shaders.  It's just a disagreement, no vitriol intended.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.