Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

rob ainscough vr settings for 4.1

Thank you so much for your input. I have heard a lot about the Oculus Tray Tool, does anyone have a link where I can download it from? Thanks

Great, thanks.

Aerofly FS2 was mentioned to me really smooth in VR, the problem is I cannot find VR in Aerofly FS2, it is not an option under the controllers. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!

Yours is not a related problem with P3d, anyway you have to see if Aerofly needs of Steam VR, look at Steam site and app for mor info.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

1 hour ago, bjablonka8120 said:

Great, thanks.

Aerofly FS2 was mentioned to me really smooth in VR, the problem is I cannot find VR in Aerofly FS2, it is not an option under the controllers. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!!

If you have Aerofly installed and the Rift installed, click on Play in Steam to start Aerofly and it will give you three options: pick the one for using the Oculus Rift. That’s it. I am not entirely sure why you are looking under the controllers...?

Another option is to right click on Aerofly in Steam, choose Properties and then enter a startup option:

-othervr

Be sure to also add that - . This way Aerofly will ALWAYS start in VR, so even when you double click the Aerofly icon on your desktop.

1 hour ago, rampa said:

Yours is not a related problem with P3d, anyway you have to see if Aerofly needs of Steam VR, look at Steam site and app for mor info.

Aerofly doesn’t need Steam VR. I have flown Aerofly in VR for half a year without Steam VR installed.

If you have the hardware for it, run the Oculus tray tool with 1.5 supersampling for use with Prepar3d. I consider this essential, as it allows you to read the gauges adequately, moving VR flying from 'novelty' to 'serious flying' status. It's said that you don't get much benefit with supersampling over 1.5, subjectively I felt that 2.0 was better but I seemed to get crashes on this setting, so I'm now back to 1.5 (I'll be trying 2.0 again from time to time to see if there really is a problem with it in 4.1).

The only other point of note is the ASW setting: I find this is better left on 'auto', rather than setting to 45 fps. 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Got Rift in Aerofly to work. Tried the 320 and it is absolutely stunning, totally smooth. Will now try P3 with the tray tool settings you recommended. Thanks for all your help, really appreciate it.

Bernd

15 hours ago, J van E said:

Did you actually read that guy's (me) post? :wink:

Yes.. of course..

You actually think I'm NOT lazy enough to go back and edit..? :D

Tried P3 v4.1 with SS at 1.5 but is still very choppy. Thinking about getting flyinside but I do not know if it makes enough of a difference.

Tried P3 v4.1 with SS at 1.5 but is still very choppy. Thinking about getting flyinside but I do not know if it makes enough of a difference.

It made enough of a difference to me that I didn't bother using P3DV4 (despite having it installed) until Flying Inside for V4 came out

4 hours ago, bjablonka8120 said:

A lot of people like it, and it was necessary in v3. In v4.1, I actually prefer the native VR, seems smoother.So I'd say I fly 95% in native and 5% FlyInside.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."