downscc

Goodbye Beautiful

21 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, NickFlightX said:

Hope you guys enjoy the livery I made so you guys can recreate this flight! Im doing it myself now as I watcher her depart IRL 2 days ago.

she's a beauty with amazing attention to detail, like the visible stickers of the United Friend Ship logo. Thanks for your work Nick, i wholeheartedly recommend this livery

I did the flight yesterday, including diversion from SID for a Golden Gate Bridge flyby and custom "island tour" approach into PHNL RWY08L, brilliant experience. 

I was following the original OFP to the number, including real ZFW and fuel load. Its fascinating how close the PMDG 747 came to the real numbers, just shows the quality of this PMDG product.

Here's the original OFP:

MHIsOsF.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 11/6/2017 at 7:46 PM, BrianW said:

Is anybody here going on the November 7th flight?  I'm a little disappointed that I missed out on getting a ticket for this one.

I was on both the last scheduled flight from Korea, and the farewell flight to Honolulu.  They were both amazing!  So sad to see her go, but United retired her in a grand fashion.  

-Rob

N121UA is the last plane to be retired, and she is on her way today to TUP. UAL2691

12 hours ago, KORDATC said:

I was on both the last scheduled flight from Korea, and the farewell flight to Honolulu.  They were both amazing!  So sad to see her go, but United retired her in a grand fashion.  

-Rob

I’m so jealous.  From the articles I’ve seen it looks like it was indeed a pretty special experience.  I’ve never even flown on a PW powered 747 and that chance is quickly disappearing.

14 hours ago, BrianW said:

I’m so jealous.  From the articles I’ve seen it looks like it was indeed a pretty special experience.  I’ve never even flown on a PW powered 747 and that chance is quickly disappearing.

It was pretty cool.  One of the executives from Pratt & Whitney was on board on the upper deck.  They also had the head of the 747 program on board as well.  Everyone received a P&W challenge coin as well as a pin from Boeing as well.  

I used to fly UAL before the merger. Now I fly BA mostly so I still get a bunch of miles on the Queen. Especially between Dubai and Miami :-)

Scott