Sign in to follow this  
jzimmermann

XP11 Carenado PC-12 + Reality XP GTN 750 VC Integration

Last week I saw a screenshot of the GTN 750 being integrated into the tiny display window of the GNS 530 and decided to try and fully integrate Reality XP's fantastic GTN 750 into the actual VC.

Before:

02Ecf6x.jpg

After:

2JZFgNq.jpg

I still need to create some kind of decent looking cover for the space below the GTN 750, but after many hours of frustration and trial and error, the Reality XP GTN 750 is now fully integrated in the Carenado PC-12 VC, complete with 3D bezel and direct in-VC click functionality.

Cheers,

Jerome

• Upvote 1

I haven't touched a CAD program in quite a while, I did manage to make a decent enough cover to integrate in the cockpit below the GTN 750.

Having the Reality XP GTN 750 in XP11 is really a dream come true!

fLuBqO3.jpg

It would sure be great to get the fantastic Reality XP GTN 750 integrated into the VC of Carenado's B200 too. :smile:

Cheers,

Jerome

• Upvote 2

Woah you actually modeled the gauge bezel?  That's cool!

Is there a com2/nav2 or will you put a GTN 650 in there?

i heard the GTN isn't working well in the king air for XP11- something with SASL

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That is very cool work Jerome!

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Bill and Ryan, thanks for the compliments!

Ryan, I may attempt to add the GTN 650 for Com 2 / Nav 2 functionality sometime in the future.

I haven't experimented with the Carenado B200 and the GTN 750 yet, I did take a brief look at the VC gauge layout and it all looks very cramped, unlike the PC-12 cockpit, which had a much larger VC space to work with.

I've asked Carenado for permission to distribute my PC-12 GTN 750 modification, and am waiting to hear back from them.

Cheers,

Jerome

• Upvote 1

Great job Jerome!
That GTN is a great improvement for the PC-12 cockpit.
I'm currently trying to understand how to proceed to integrate the instruments 3D models in the cockpits.
I've been tinkering with multiple softwares (including Blender and limited AC3D tests) but I'm not familiar with the process (which looks quite complex as it requires to modify the *_cockpit.obj).
I'll send you a PM to avoid cluttering that thread.

Unless they have specific plans for the PC-12, I hope Carenado will see your work as an opportunity to increase the value of the PC-12 and allow you to publish your work.

Thanks for your contribution! We need more GTN-ready cockpits.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all your interest and kind words!

Carenado has given me permission to release this mod, it's now available here:

I hope you enjoy it!

Cheers,

Jerome

• Upvote 1

Hi thanks for the MOD. The lack of RXP GTN750s in the Vc in XPLANE 11 is a real shame. 

There looks to be space for two GTN750s in the Pc12  seeing that the transponder panel would be incorperated in the GTN.

The default Baron would be great to. 

Thanks Neil

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, neilcm said:

Hi thanks for the MOD. The lack of RXP GTN750s in the Vc in XPLANE 11 is a real shame. 

There looks to be space for two GTN750s in the Pc12  seeing that the transponder panel would be incorperated in the GTN.

The default Baron would be great to. 

Thanks Neil

That's actually a great point... wonder how hard it would be to remove the xpndr and add another GTN?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

it has one big problem, and that under  gtn remain clickable gps, and it can not be erased as long as the sasl is protected