Sign in to follow this  
anden145

QualityWings 737CL officially cancelled

4 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

I also have P4D and X-Plane 10 and 11 on my machine. To me, the Flightsim software you use is merely a platform on which to host the aircraft you wish to fly.

Sure, to each his own. But it is not only the usage; it's the setup, the tweaking, the installation of new add-ons, the maintenance in general ... if I want to spend a reasonable amount of time with my family I need to cut down on other things; in this case the usage of P3Dv3. But that's fine with me.

Cheers
Frank

Not entirely unexpected, but a shame nonetheless, since there is only really the Wilco Classic 737 done to any level of realism, and whilst it was good at the time, it's not really up to contemporary simulation standards. I know they're gradually being phased out, but there are even some original 200s still in service, there certainly are still quite a lot of Classic 300 and 400s knocking about, if I recall correctly, I think Jet2 still have a fair few 300s operational.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

A major disappointment for sure but not unexpected. I hope a classic 737 does show up in the future hopefully sooner than later but I am not banking on it. 

I don't mind them cancelling given the explanation, but it seems that they were borderline on "stringing us along" for many years (or however long they realistically knew the 737 would ever see the light of day).  In retrospect, I guess the fact that they never really communicated much at all on the project other than to say it was going to be done after the 787 would constitute an acknowledgement that the 737 wasn't a sure thing.

But still...I know there were a lot of simmers who coulda' cared less about the 787, other than that its release meant (or it was implied) that the 737 they were waiting for was finally in the hopper.  Sure, we're all completely aware that support for the FSX 787 was going to be foremost until it was stable, then the P3dV4 version, but the "big" project standing in the way of the Baby Boeing was at least behind them.

Reading the announcement, its hinted that another dev may pick it up...but I hold out no hope based on current events.

I wish QW luck in their "big" project, and I too am waiting for it's P3dv4 incarnation....but I won't even get interested in following its progress until several months after the beta announcement, which I don't think will be until 2019 sometime. 
So those who are actually hopeful that they'll see an update to the 146 and 757 before a few years from now are going down that same road they've been on for....for years.  Just pretend its never going to happen, and like Corey said "You may end up being pleasantly surprised, but that way you will never be disappointed."  I bet the simmers waiting for the 737 wished he mentioned that years ago when they showed all those fantastic screenshots of the project.:blink: 

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

I don't mind them cancelling given the explanation, but it seems that they were borderline on "stringing us along" for many years (or however long they realistically knew the 737 would ever see the light of day).  In retrospect, I guess the fact that they never really communicated much at all on the project other than to say it was going to be done after the 787 would constitute an acknowledgement that the 737 wasn't a sure thing.

But still...I know there were a lot of simmers who coulda' cared less about the 787, other than that its release meant (or it was implied) that the 737 they were waiting for was finally in the hopper.  Sure, we're all completely aware that support for the FSX 787 was going to be foremost until it was stable, then the P3dV4 version, but the "big" project standing in the way of the Baby Boeing was at least behind them.

Reading the announcement, its hinted that another dev may pick it up...but I hold out no hope based on current events.

I wish QW luck in their "big" project, and I too am waiting for it's P3dv4 incarnation....but I won't even get interested in following its progress until several months after the beta announcement, which I don't think will be until 2019 sometime. 
So those who are actually hopeful that they'll see an update to the 146 and 757 before a few years from now are going down that same road they've been on for....for years.  Just pretend its never going to happen, and like Corey said "You may end up being pleasantly surprised, but that way you will never be disappointed."  I bet the simmers waiting for the 737 wished he mentioned that years ago when they showed all those fantastic screenshots of the project.:blink: 

wow took the words right out of my mouth Steve..lol well said, totally agree with you its sad it took this long to cancel the project couldn't they have said its something earlier ?

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Not entirely unexpected, but a shame nonetheless, since there is only really the Wilco Classic 737 done to any level of realism, and whilst it was good at the time, it's not really up to contemporary simulation standards. I know they're gradually being phased out, but there are even some original 200s still in service, there certainly are still quite a lot of Classic 300 and 400s knocking about, if I recall correctly, I think Jet2 still have a fair few 300s operational.

Canadian North operates 737-400’s and I think 300 combis if I’m not mistaken. As well as a couple 200’s!

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

Good, I don't like like classic, ancient planes anyways... focus more on getting the 787 for the P3D v4 please.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

11 hours ago, wizzards said:

every cloud has a silver lining and here it is "the upcoming upgrades for the 146" do I hear P3d v4 !!!,question does that mean both the Avro and the BAE  versions

thank you Quality Wings

Peter

Love these planes as they were in P3D1-3 and FSX adn great to hear the porting over to P3Dv4 at least the 146.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

146 does not work in P3D 3.4, QW made transition only to P3D 2.

I am still waiting to grab again my little jumbo ... 

Artur 

19 minutes ago, Lenny777 said:

great to hear the porting over to P3Dv4 at least the 146

Hey Lenny,

I wouldn't count that chicken just yet.  The quote from Corey is "upcoming upgrades to the 146."  We can assume that would be the logical assumption (upgrade to P3Dv4)...but based on how incredibly awesome those 737 teaser shots were and then news about the cancellation, I'm not planning on getting excited about another QW announcement until I'm flying it on my PC.  Just saying.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

12 hours ago, captain420 said:

Good, I don't like like classic, ancient planes anyways... focus more on getting the 787 for the P3D v4 please.

I like the 737-300/400 because while it is still considered a reasonably modern plane, having an FMC, AT/AP operating in a very similar way to the 737NG, it still has a "vintage" feel to it. It was also my "first-love" in the aviation world when I was a kid, so I am a little biased.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

The best news I could possibly hear from Quality Wings would be that they intend to upgrade the 146 product from "Complexity Simplified" to "Complexity Magnified".

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png