Sign in to follow this  
kneighbour

Anyone have the Carenado Do 228?

Yeah - what FF are doing with the A320 at this moment is a good approach to testing. They sold the plane to knowledgeable users who would not bother them with useless feedback because they could not be bothered to read the manual. And they get to fix the subtle bugs that one or two inhouse testers would probably never find. They get some income, get some free testing and build user expectation, etc. All positives.

And I agree that some users might expect too much or totally different things. I for one don't really care about the passenger cabin - or a sound track from these passengers (as in this aircraft). Nor do I care for winglets or wing flex - or any of that stuff. But when fundamental things do not work (eg fuel cutoff or you cannot land properly), then I am more concerned. I have one plane that I cannot fly at night as the cockpit lighting simply does not work, and it has never been fixed as far as I know.

Anyway, this seems a good year for XP for addons. I will be a lot happier when XP 11 itself settles down as I am finding it very difficult to fly in. A lot of my aircraft have not been converted over, or only partially, so it is a long waiting game.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

14 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Does it use the default FMS?

Yes. Also uses the GNS530, so fairly basic but quite sufficient. I like the 530 support as that is what I would be using. It also supports the RealityXP's GTN750 if you subscribe to that, which frankly, looks like something I might want to look at myself.

I7-6700k 32 gig RAM, NVIDIA GTX-980 TI 6G RAM, GTX-460, Saitek X55 throttle, Combat rudder pedals, CH Eclipse yoke,TrackIR 5, 5 monitors (main is 40" 4k), Corsair K95 RGB k/b, Win 7 x64. X-Plane XP 11.1+

1 minute ago, kneighbour said:

Yes. Also uses the GNS530, so fairly basic but quite sufficient. I like the 530 support as that is what I would be using. It also supports the RealityXP's GTN750 if you subscribe to that, which frankly, looks like something I might want to look at myself.

Cool! Thanks! I´m really tempted...

Just now, jt8d9a said:

Cool! Thanks! I´m really tempted...

Did you watch those 2 Twitch feeds listed earlier? They give you a good idea of the aircraft. 

I bought it and i love it. I just have one request. Please could someone make a Polar 2 livery? 

d-cawi-dornier-do-228-polar-2-23641.jpg

On 11/7/2017 at 3:21 PM, hamoody said:

So, the sounds are all FMOD based and realistic??

On 11/7/2017 at 3:21 PM, hamoody said:

1) The tire rolling sound activates when the plane isn't moving. I removed this effect from the FMOD sound file and am using XPRealistic for my rolling sounds instead.

2) The passenger sound is too loud and has a very obvious loop. They will introduce an option to mute passengers in the next update. 

3) It's very, very difficult to slow the airplane down on final approach. With 1 notch of flaps, it seems to keep its speed to high and float way too much. The devs said a fix for this is on the way, and hopefully Aerosimgaming's modified flight dynamics will bring further improvements.

Overall, if you like bush/commuter flying, give this thing a try! It's far and away better than the MSFS version and is one of the best aircraft in its class in XP11.