Sign in to follow this  
rat7

G1000 question

I would like to know if the new G1000 that is included in X-Plane 11 is capable to access flight plans that are in the FMS PLANS directory, and I mean more than just 99 of them like the Carenado's can ?

1 hour ago, jt8d9a said:

Hi Martin,

I hope this helps:

38188609566_f7b805db41_b.jpg

I am sorry, but I only see that you have on the screen from 1 to 12, does this mean that it is also limited, at least for the moment

I guess you have 228 slots to save plans, at least this is what I read in the USED 129 EMPTY 99 line, but nowadays a MicroSD to expand memory costs really few bucks :happy:

Okay, next try. As you can see, i have 129 fms plans.

24373311128_8d40c1f629_b.jpg

8 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Okay, next try. As you can see, i have 129 fms plans.

24373311128_8d40c1f629_b.jpg

Sorry, I did not knew that it as showing at the top

Thank you very much

13 minutes ago, Desaix said:

I guess you have 228 slots to save plans, at least this is what I read in the USED 129 EMPTY 99 line, but nowadays a MicroSD to expand memory costs really few bucks :happy:

But when you have more than 800 (and growing) flight plans in the FMS PLANS directory, SD Card does not help to show them all

Wait!  You guys are telling me the G1000 can save flight plans and load them later??

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

9 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Wait!  You guys are telling me the G1000 can save flight plans and load them later??

Nope, Ryan. It can load fms plans. I do create them with Onlineflightplaner and copy them into the output/FMS Plans folder. Maybe it is possible to save flightplans.. i don´t know.

Ahhhh ok I'll look into that.  Woud be nice to save plans for TEC routes in California

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

Nope, Ryan. It can load fms plans. I do create them with Onlineflightplaner and copy them into the output/FMS Plans folder. Maybe it is possible to save flightplans.. i don´t know.

I use the same to create them, works very well for me

I think it is possible to store flightplans:

24384199368_63304d6e6e_z.jpg

Yes, it's possible to save them too  :)   Or at least it is in the XP11 530, and I believe the G1000 is using the same basic functionality for FP loading and saving.

PS.  I use Simbrief to plan my FPs and create the file for XP's FMS folder.   Works great.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)