Sign in to follow this  
durieux

KR 87 TSO ADF countdown timer

Hi all -

First, thanks for this wonderful DC-6 model! 

I have a quick question about the KR 87 ADF receiver. The real-life version has a (very useful) countdown timer mode (see attached segment from the Bendix manual) that is activated by holding down the SET/RST button. I can't get this to work on the Cloudmaster (FSX-SE). Is it not modeled? If not, can this functionality be added (even the A2A Skylane has it...)? 

Thanks!

Marcel Durieux

KR 87 manual.JPG

Yeah, I've flow a few aircraft with this ADF as well.  I think the problem is that PMDG is using whatever is available in the default gauges, and this is not modeled. I pointed this and the missing clock during beta and we have a fine little clock now that displays local or zulu and has a stopwatch function.  I don't think they are going to create a custom ADF gauge to capture this missing feature.

Regardless of my assumption, request for features should be documented on support tickets and submitted to PMDG Product Support. Their bug tracking system is used to keep track of feature requests.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thank you. Will keep that in mind. Didn't know, though, if I was doing something wrong or whether the functionality was simply not ther, that's why I posted it here instead of putting in a ticket.

Marcel Durieux