Sign in to follow this  
GCBraun

We need this on PMDG Planes :)

To some it may be a futile thing, but rain drops on the windshield really enhances the simming experience! Hopefully it will come sooner than later to our beloved PMDG jets.

pbR0tjuA.jpeg

Thiago Braun

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

From what i read in the aerosoft foruns is going to be hard to have trueglass in other planes that dont belong to TFDI, it seems that aerosoft tried some kind of agreement to have trueglass in the upcoming Airbus professional family, and the feedback was negative!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Trueglass is not required with P3Dv4.1 and later.  LM has included raindrops as one of the changes to P3D, and is part of the updated content.  I assume the developer needs to create a dll using the PDK developer tools to take advantage of this eye candy.  And eye candy is all this amounts to in my opinion, pretty raindrops become a smear at speeds well below Vr.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh my...who will think if the poor fps?

• Upvote 1

spacer.png

Flew the 717 last night from STL to MSP, my first since the beta update with Truglass, and I have to say it was pretty neat. I did not notice an fps drop and it was active sky real world (just so happened to be pretty rainy in STL last night).

Now with that being said, it doesnt do anything to make the plane fly better or systems better. Simply eye candy. I would trade off eye candy for functionality every day of the week. If PMDG never added it to their planes I would be ok with this. Cool feature but not zomg cant live without either.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

1 hour ago, downscc said:

LM has included raindrops as one of the changes to P3D, and is part of the updated content.  I assume the developer needs to create a dll using the PDK developer tools to take advantage of this eye candy.  And eye candy is all this amounts to in my opinion, pretty raindrops become a smear at speeds well below Vr.

I thought the LM raindrops were pretty poor, actually in comparison to what you see in Flightsim World.

Not good at all, except for the saving grace that they work in VR......

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Absolutely no impact on performance for me neither with a gtx 970 and trueglass which I doubt will be the same with the P3D inclueded option. If they do it the same way like DL it will be catastrophic. 

Some guys are never happy... we have brand new cool feature which will bring immersion into new level, but for some it is already "redundant" and "fps killer", even thing has not been published yet...

• Upvote 5

Artur 

1 hour ago, Beardyman said:

Some guys are never happy... we have brand new cool feature which will bring immersion into new level, but for some it is already "redundant" and "fps killer", even thing has not been published yet...

The only person using the terms "redundant" and "fps killer" in this thread is you.

There are two different things at play here.

1. TFDi's trueglass rain effect which looks good, has little fps impact but is exclusive to them.

2. LM's rain effect which any dev can use but does not look as good and affects fps.

For some people rain on the windshield is essential to immersion, however unrealistic the effect. Others are more concerned with not trading fps for unrealistic eye candy. That is not "some guys never being happy".

Personally I hope TFDi decide to licence their rain effect to other developers. They've developed a very good looking rain simulation and they deserve to profit from it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

6 minutes ago, kevinh said:

but is exclusive to them.

It is not.

Devs could buy an implementation of TrueGlass into their own addons, like MilViz have done already.

Waht you hope is reality: TFDi IS licencing TrueGlass.

The other question is, which and how many developers will do this or try it on it's own.

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

17 minutes ago, guenseli said:

It is not.

Devs could buy an implementation of TrueGlass into their own addons, like MilViz have done already.

Waht you hope is reality: TFDi IS licencing TrueGlass.

The other question is, which and how many developers will do this or try it on it's own.

Fly the Mad Dog also has bought the license for it, for their upcoming MD-8x

• Upvote 1

TFDI recently changed their licensing policy and now developers just need to pay $2.000 up-front or something along those lines. Before it was a percentage of each sale.

The technology used by them is really good! It does not affect the FPS *at all* and looks *amazing* in VR! The rain drops changes with speed variations also look extremely realistic. IMHO this is a must have technology for the top-tier add-ons such as PMDG, FSLabs, etc.

Thiago Braun

• Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

The TrueGlass effects are as good as it will get in P3D. To get any better you will have to look at Flight Sim World. 

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson

36 minutes ago, tgcbraun said:

The rain drops changes with speed variations also look extremely realistic.

Water is extremely difficult to animate, harder than fire. Many movies look ridiculous because of the try to animate monster waves or floodings. And I find TFDi did a great job on this. I hope PMDG and others will jump on the train, it adds a lot to bad weather flying. 

• Upvote 3

Windshield effects were one of the most missed aspects of flight simulation throughout FSX's lifespan and, more recently, P3D. Now that we have a platform good and stable enough for them, as well as developers willing to work with it..."meh, don't wan't it, FPS killer."

Sometimes, I hate the flight sim community.

• Upvote 1