Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

FAIB releases 767 series models

If you're looking to update your AI models, they released the 767 a couple of days ago. Some repaints are also already available.

http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

• Upvote 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

5 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

If you're looking to update your AI models, they released the 767 a couple of days ago. Some repaints are also already available.

http://fsxaibureau.com/manufacturing/

These are free correct?

simbol 

Yes sir, they are P3D native too I think.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

This is great...I just added UAL & DAL 767-300/400's to UTL.  They look great but the P3Dv4 method of installation they instruct did not work for me as UTL did not recognize the aircraft.  I installed them like I always have (just place the aircraft in your simobjects folder) and placed the effects and texture files in the main P3Dv4 folders. 

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

43 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

This is great...I just added UAL & DAL 767-300/400's to UTL.  They look great but the P3Dv4 method of installation they instruct did not work for me as UTL did not recognize the aircraft.  I installed them like I always have (just place the aircraft in your simobjects folder) and placed the effects and texture files in the main P3Dv4 folders. 

I just checked their procedure to install these using the XML method, their instructions (which are a bit vague) is asking to add their effects the "Effect.cfg" files with another entry.

I am in the middle of updating AI Lights Reborn freeware edition to support their new default effects, please note that if you follow their advise and add an effect entry to the PD3 Effect.cfg configuration file it would create a conflict with AI Lights Reborn Free edition and therefore if you wish to use my effects instead of the default FAIB effects you should skip this step.

The new version of AI Lights Reborn free edition will be released tonight between 22:00 to 23:00 GMT time.

Best Regards,
Simbol 

• Upvote 2

Ok, so the FAIB 767 .fx filenames I do not have to send you anymore ;-) I will do for the C-Series from FSPXAI then.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

I just checked their procedure to install these using the XML method, their instructions (which are a bit vague) is asking to add their effects the "Effect.cfg" files with another entry.

I am in the middle of updating AI Lights Reborn freeware edition to support their new default effects, please note that if you follow their advise and add an effect entry to the PD3 Effect.cfg configuration file it would create a conflict with AI Lights Reborn Free edition and therefore if you wish to use my effects instead of the default FAIB effects you should skip this step.

The new version of AI Lights Reborn free edition will be released tonight between 22:00 to 23:00 GMT time.

Best Regards,
Simbol 

Hi Simbol - Yup, I see what they are trying to do here.  I added those entries to the various .cfg files as instructed as well.  The issue I am having is that they want you to add the entire FAIB folder into Simobjects.  This folder contains the aircraft, effect and texture folders.  UTLive unfortunately will not see the aircraft in this manner (at least in my case).

BTW - I need to check out your AI lights package...haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

3 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

BTW - I need to check out your AI lights package...haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Wait until I release the new version tonight which will install the new AI lights also for these new models, if you install my freeware please remember to remove the effect entry you added in order to avoid any problems.

Bes Regards,
Simbol

Downloaded it still in the process of getting them to ut live here we go again.:ohmy:

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

29 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

The issue I am having is that they want you to add the entire FAIB folder into Simobjects.  This folder contains the aircraft, effect and texture folders.  UTLive unfortunately will not see the aircraft in this manner (at least in my case).

Who's "they?" The Flight1 UTLive forum has a great tutorial for installing aircraft and repaints. Made by a user (not me) and easy enough to follow. Unfortunately you have to be registered in the forum for the link to work properly.

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=15206&title=manual-1-2-for-installing-ai-aircraft-repaints

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

22 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Who's "they?" The Flight1 UTLive forum has a great tutorial for installing aircraft and repaints. Made by a user (not me) and easy enough to follow. Unfortunately you have to be registered in the forum for the link to work properly.

http://ultimatetraffic.flight1.net/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=15206&title=manual-1-2-for-installing-ai-aircraft-repaints

Hi - Sorry, I am referring to the FAIB 767 installation instructions. I have had no issues at all installing other models to UTLive.

Eric

As an additional note, I recomed to use the NWF models and edit the aircraft LIGHTS section accordingly:

[lights]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
//FAIB 767-300W Lights
light.1 = 1,  35.0,    0.00,  9.88, fx_FAIB_7673_beacon
light.2 = 1,  -0.3,    0.00, -8.25, fx_FAIB_7673_beacon
// If using the NWF models remove the "//" from the beginings of the next lines
//light.3 = 3, -36.74, -78.55, 5.074, fx_FAIB_7673_navred
//light.4 = 3, -36.74,  78.55, 5.074, fx_FAIB_7673_navgre
//light.5 = 3, -44.4, -77.8, 4.84, fx_FAIB_7673_navwhi
//light.6 = 3, -44.4,  77.8, 4.84, fx_FAIB_7673_navwhi
//light.7 = 2, -48.48, -83.1, 16.1, fx_FAIB_7673_strobe
//light.8 = 2, -48.48,  83.1, 16.1, fx_FAIB_7673_strobe

This would allow you to have a better view of the AI ligths effects under PD3 V4 and V4.1 as the AI lights would be handled much better, the reason is because there are well know problems with the AI light handling for attached effects directly inside the AI the models instead of AI lights declared using the Aircraft.cfg file, for example for models were the lights are declared using 3DMAX (attached using attachment points) the strobes lights will be turned off above 10,000ft by the ESP engine and the navigation and beacon lights will be turned off by the ESP engine when the AI plane is beyond 10NM from the user.

To overcome these limitations you can use the NWF models instead and edit the Aircraft.cfg file accordingly, using the example above just remove the characters "//" from light.3 to light.8, example:

[lights]
//Types: 1=beacon, 2=strobe, 3=navigation, 4=cockpit, 5=landing
//FAIB 767-300W Lights
light.1 = 1,  35.0,    0.00,  9.88, fx_FAIB_7673_beacon
light.2 = 1,  -0.3,    0.00, -8.25, fx_FAIB_7673_beacon
light.3 = 3, -36.74, -78.55, 5.074, fx_FAIB_7673_navred
light.4 = 3, -36.74,  78.55, 5.074, fx_FAIB_7673_navgre
light.5 = 3, -44.4, -77.8, 4.84, fx_FAIB_7673_navwhi
light.6 = 3, -44.4,  77.8, 4.84, fx_FAIB_7673_navwhi
light.7 = 2, -48.48, -83.1, 16.1, fx_FAIB_7673_strobe
light.8 = 2, -48.48,  83.1, 16.1, fx_FAIB_7673_strobe

Pleas note this fix is also aplicable to FAIB models released after 2-AUG-2015, so their 747 models would also be affected.

With this workaround you will get better AI lights under PD3 (including version 3) regardless if you use my AI Lights freeware or not, if you use my freeware please do don't worry about the name of the effects just follow the instructions above, the new version of my freeware that will be released tonight (7-Nov-2017) will handle everything for you and therefore you should see my AI Lights effects instead the default FAIB effects provided.

Best regards,
Simbol

Guys the default FAIB lights are way more realistic than the add on.

There is way too much bloom with the add on and all the lights look the same

i9 7920X @ 4.7  | MSi x299 Gaming Pro Carbon  | Gigabyte Aorus 1080Ti | 32GB DDR4 GSkill 3000mhz | 1 TB Samsung 960 EVO | 3TB Toshiba 7200rpm.

11 minutes ago, Mr_LoL said:

Guys the default FAIB lights are way more realistic than the add on.

There is way too much bloom with the add on and all the lights look the same

I responded to you on my forums, the default FAIB lights are the same as the default effects for PD3 but just with another name.

Which by the way will cause missing strobe lights over the distance and produce horrible orbs for navigation lights.

If this is your preference then by all means you should remove my freeware entirely.

On the other hand maybe your display settings is what is causing blooms, which is more likely as over 7000 people have downloaded this tool and nobody has complained about such issue.

Best Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1