Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

ORBX PNW cant find airports in database

Hi. I just redownloaded PNW from ORBX, and I want to take a tour of the area. I found this flightplan that I wanted to do:

"This is a tour of PNW that was suggested by ORBX's John Venema...

KHQM Bowerman
KCMW Cushman Meadows
2S1 Vashon Island
2W3 Swanson
1WA6 Fall City
W16 Monroe Firstar
S43 Harvey Field
1S2 Darrington Muni
3W5 Concrete Muni
WA56 Israel's Farm
KVBS Skagit Muni
74S Anacortes
KORS Orcas Island
OS9 Jefferson County
2WA1 Diamond Point
KW28 Sequim
KHQM Bowerman"

However, I get problems right off the bat. KCMW, 2s1 and 2w3 aren't in my database. I tried with the Twin Otter Extended (gps), A2A C172 (gtn750), and Majestic -8 Q400. I have updated my airacs for the gtn750 and D8Q400, and I'm on P3D v3.4. Maybe these airports are called something else now? The map inside the owners manual for PNW isnt very clear and some of the icaos overlap making it hard to read. Are there any other good flightplans that you might suggest for the region?

Many thanks!

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Both the RXP and Flight1 GTN gauges have a setting to select the navigation database, either  North America (which has smaller airports) or worldwide (which does not). Depending on which gauge that you are referring to, use the configuration utility to switch to the NA database. Keep in mind also that the GTN trainer databases are not up to date and are fixed at AIRAC 1611.

14 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Both the RXP and Flight1 GTN gauges have a setting to select the navigation database, either  North America (which has smaller airports) or worldwide (which does not). Depending on which gauge that you are referring to, use the configuration utility to switch to the NA database. Keep in mind also that the GTN trainer databases are not up to date and are fixed at AIRAC 1611.

Thanks for the reply. So from what you are saying I gather that some of the smaller airports will be visible in the database if I select NA in the GTN750 config utility. But what about the Majestic q400, or the Twin Otter? The former is updated to current airacs, and the latter uses p3d native database as far as I know (at least I havent updated it with Navigraph).

Andreas Stangenes

In my experience, not all of the smaller airports are in the GTN database.  Also another thing to keep in mind is that KCMW is not a real world airport and thus will only be in the simulator if it is purchased from ORBX.  Aside from that it is still a neat little location on its own regardless if you own it

Just now, BrettT said:

In my experience, not all of the smaller airports are in the GTN database.  Also another thing to keep in mind is that KCMW is not a real world airport and thus will only be in the simulator if it is purchased from ORBX.  Aside from that it is still a neat little location on its own regardless if you own it

But that makes me wonder how I will get to it if its not in any of my databases in the sim..? :)

Andreas Stangenes

They get listed in the sim, they just might not show up in the GTN data base which doesn't always correspond with the sim data base.  For instance, I can go into the sim and start a flight from KCMW or 2S1, etc using the scenario editor but I would not be able to create a flight plan within the GTN using its data base unless I set up a special waypoint using the lat/long of the location

KCMW is fictional, so you're never going to find that one :)  I'm assuming John's tour is intended to tour the payware airports, so it will be a bit disappointing if you just have the region and the airports. I think 2S1 is the only non-payware, it's one of the freebie downloads.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro