Sign in to follow this  
FSXCYYZEGLL

FSX OOM even with 1GB Free VAS

20 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Also my affinity mask will only work with an 8 core CPU without Hyperthreading. This is very important!

Your FSX config has AffinityMask=252 without Hyperthreading. So, if you have Hyperthreading active what will be the AM?

LOD_RADIUS=8.500000 is really high and no CTD even with texture 4096? I have set LOD at 4.5 default and FSX gets out of memory quick if I set texture 4096 especially with DD sceneries. I will do some tests later.

Some of my FSX configuration has:

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=1376 //default 4500
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=907 //default 3000

this help to prevent OOM

I have also:

[BUFFERPOOLS]
UsePools=1
Poolsize=8388608
RejectThreshold=126976

I will give a try of your BufferPools and see what happen.

Patricio Valdes

19 minutes ago, trisho0 said:

LOD_RADIUS=8.500000 is really high and no CTD even with texture 4096? I

Indeed! But I mention in the description I HAVE to use 1024 for that which works great on my 4k screens and I cannot tell the difference....

21 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

I suggest starting with LOD 4.5 and increasing IF you use Texture Max Load 1024 (this makes a HUGE difference!)

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

On 11/7/2017 at 4:33 PM, spesimen said:

to answer your question more specifically.. one reason those numbers can be misleading is that they are a sum of all the available free memory, but not necessarily all of the contiguous free memory that is available.

say for example that perhaps the sim is requesting a very large allocation of 256 megs. you may have 1gig free but if it is broken up into a dozen chunks that are spread through the 4g. if none of the free spaces are 256meg in size, it can't make the allocation just doing basic memory operations.

The OP's question has already been answered by Andy Crosby.

12 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

The OP's question has already been answered by Andy Crosby.

I just realized I made 3 posts here that should have been in my own OOM thread. Oops sorry for any confusion.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Indeed! But I mention in the description I HAVE to use 1024 for that which works great on my 4k screens and I cannot tell the difference....

I did a flight test with LOD 8.5 and got OOM CTD right away just in approach. Used DD KDCA to KJFK. LOD 4.5 is what I am going to test again.

Patricio Valdes

2 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I did a flight test with LOD 8.5 and got OOM CTD right away just in approach. Used DD KDCA to KJFK. LOD 4.5 is what I am going to test again.

Just to confirm 8.5 works fine with NO addon airports but ok with scenery or OrbX Free airports. Each addon airport  requires approx reduction of LOD by at least 1 per airport.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

11 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Just to confirm 8.5 works fine with NO addon airports but ok with scenery or OrbX Free airports. Each addon airport  requires approx reduction of LOD by at least 1 per airport.

I see …. what about I do have close to 100 payware add-ons sceneries like flytampa, latinvfr, Aerosoft, and many others? I think I am learning better so I will have to do another test with LOD at 3.5 and if OOM again then to lower LOD to 2.5 I might be wrong? With P3Dv4 I never had OOM. Curiously with fs9 I never had OOM neither. Just with FSX (something not right).

Patricio Valdes

3 hours ago, trisho0 said:

I see …. what about I do have close to 100 payware add-ons sceneries like flytampa, latinvfr, Aerosoft, and many others? I think I am learning better so I will have to do another test with LOD at 3.5 and if OOM again then to lower LOD to 2.5 I might be wrong? With P3Dv4 I never had OOM. Curiously with fs9 I never had OOM neither. Just with FSX (something not right).

If you are getting OOMs at 4.5 or less you could probably manage your scenery better. With a scenery manager you only have to load up the scenery you intend to fly from, over and to. If you have all those 100 add-ons running at the same time and you activate ( by flying within LOD distance) more than 2 you are wasting VAS. I use Scenery Config Manager but there are several others people use to great effect.

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK

54 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I use Scenery Config Manager but there are several others people use to great effect.

I use the Scenery Config Editor program if it is the same as yours and yes, all sceneries activated and grouped by Continent Area. Example, all sceneries from USA I grouped them by Eastern and Western separated accordingly. But if I plan a flight from KSFO to KJFK I have to leave both group activated. Based on this I will de-activate all the others grouped sceneries and see if the OOM still.

I have FSX OOM  just with DD sceneries and no others so far.

This is why I use the P3Dv4 often. Only occasionally I use fs9 and FSX. By checking on this thread in here is where I think can be a good chance to test FSX more often. 

Patricio Valdes

On 3/8/2019 at 10:51 PM, trisho0 said:

What is your max texture load in FSX configuration?

My LOD is 4.5.

Best Regards.

Forshaw.

Last night I did another FSX testing OOM which still with DD Sceneries regardless if I activated just only Washington X and NYC City. DD sceneries is not for my FSX sim. Instead, I will still doing testing OOM.

Patricio Valdes

On 3/10/2019 at 6:41 PM, trisho0 said:

This is why I use the P3Dv4 often. Only occasionally I use fs9 and FSX. By checking on this thread in here is where I think can be a good chance to test FSX more often. 

Who the cares what happens with another sim.. this is a FSX forum.  Please observe the rules.

Ernest Pergrem

1 hour ago, airernie said:

Who the cares what happens with another sim.. this is a FSX forum.  Please observe the rules.

Sorry, you are correct. Do you have OOM issues with DD sceneries? Try KDCA to KJFK with PMDG 737 NGX. My FSX gets CTD due to OOM.

Patricio Valdes

17 hours ago, trisho0 said:

Sorry, you are correct. Do you have OOM issues with DD sceneries? Try KDCA to KJFK with PMDG 737 NGX. My FSX gets CTD due to OOM.

This morning I ran a test in my iFly 737-700.  Washington X,  NY X, and Flightbeam KIAD in addition to the FTX and Ray Smith and payware airports I have installed.  Active Sky was enabled, but the clouds weren't real heavy, GSX installed, etc.

Ready for takeoff at KJFK 31L  according to FSUIPC I was sitting at 660240 remaining VAS.  No issues with takeoff, flight or approach. 

On final to KDCA some of the ground textures or photoreal started loading slowly and I started getting low VAS beeps from FSUIPC.  At point of touchdown I got a Windows OOM.

Had I used SCE to trim some of my airports or maybe dropped Texture_Load from 2048 to 1024 I have no doubt I would have had a successful landing.

BTW, as with Russell I only use FTX Global, Vector, etc.  No FTX regions.

Ernie

• Like 1

Ernest Pergrem

15 minutes ago, airernie said:

Had I used SCE to trim some of my airports or maybe dropped Texture_Load from 2048 to 1024 I have no doubt I would have had a successful landing.

Indeed, once I dropped to 1024 (and was astounded to not see a difference ) the OOOms were no longer a pain. I DO use other OrbX scenery as I own all their products, but I use SCE to tailor the scenery to each flight and only change the LOD to suit. I can run a PMDG /A2A plane with 2 add on airports and regions all at once with LOD 4.5 no problem (Except MAJOR airports like ESSA). All my settings are maxed out except water at 5 and autogen at 1 down from max. That 1024 setting is a real game changer!

Russell Gough

Daytona Beach/London

FL/UK