Sign in to follow this  
TYLICA

Most up to date AI traffic for p3d v4?

Hi guys,

Im new here but i do fly a lot on p3d v4. so i am that realism guy that is searching for the most up to date AI package in terms of models and textures and in flight plans. some airlines for example are in transition from an old livery to a new livery, great example is Southwest airlines. most ai packages just have only the new livery or the old one. That i just don't like. 

do you guys know an ai pack either freeware or payware that is the most up to date to 2017 liveries and flightplans all around the world with almost every airline?

plz let me know. 

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Good luck.  Ultimate Traffic Live works with v4 but not sure how up to date it is, livery wise.  

most liveries don't change from year to year so you'll be pretty safe.  doing the freeware models, paints, flightplans is the best way to keep it up to date on a season basis but it takes some knowledge and work.   

But i think if you want all that with very little effort then UTL is your best bet.   If you don't mind some work and time then feel free to research AIG and AIFP which will give you a fantastic end product.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Ultimate Traffic Live in its current state has some liveries that are outdated since years, for example Southwest, United or Air Berlin (okay, you can delete the latter altogether now...).

I don't know if the liveries will be updated soon. They said they consider it, but I don't know if it is part of their current beta testing, if it might come later or if it will be left to the user to update the models / repaints.

UTL requires a lot of manual work, not only the repaints are outdated, but there are a ton of airlines which have no paints assigned to them at all making your skies a lot emptier as by default the flights with no repaints assigned are not displayed in the P3D. As someone said above, if you don't mind to work on this yourself, go for it. I've spent about 10h so far on updating and assigning liveries/models and it's finally starting to pay off visually. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

I use UTL, you can update their liveries with other models.

By the way UTL flights planes with proper flights plans no point to point as bgl files

If you like to fiddle with traffic files, and be crazy about having each airline repaint, etc. go to AIG.

Don't forget to get my AI lights freeware.

Simbol 

Hi Folks,

And sadly for the GA guys - looks like ORBX bypassed the NA GA Package and doesn't plan on updating it to v4 - sorely missed - as my ORBX airports are now ghost towns...

:huh:

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

20 minutes ago, simbol said:

I use UTL, you can update their liveries with other models.

By the way UTL flights planes with proper flights plans no point to point as bgl files

If you like to fiddle with traffic files, and be crazy about having each airline repaint, etc. go to AIG.

Don't forget to get my AI lights freeware.

Simbol 

Yes I can wholeheartedly agree in adding Simbol's AI Lights Freeware pack.  They look freaking awesome.  Even show up on the military aircraft I added.   

Oh that is the other thing, i don't know if UTL does military or coast guard etc type aircraft but you can add those via freeware.  Always nice to see sea hawks departing NAS North Island when i'm at San Diego.  

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

21 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

And sadly for the GA guys - looks like ORBX bypassed the NA GA Package and doesn't plan on updating it to v4 - sorely missed - as my ORBX airports are now ghost towns...

:huh:

Regards,

Scott

Yeah i asked over at AIG if anyone was working on flight plans for those GA models for NA or Europe and haven't gotten a response.  So don't know.  

Guess we could always substitute those models in the trafficaircraft.bgl.   would take some work though.

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

55 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Yeah i asked over at AIG if anyone was working on flight plans for those GA models for NA or Europe and haven't gotten a response.  So don't know.  

Guess we could always substitute those models in the trafficaircraft.bgl.   would take some work though.

Hi Jason,

Yeah - brought this up over at ORBX - one guy stated that the Aussie pack was updated - so he was transferring the updated models to the NA and updating everything accordinglyfor his own use... If all the models are updated in AU - that’s the part we can’t do on our own (64 bit conversion ?) - therefore it’s just sitting down and migrating the rest... It will take some hours but if wanted badly enough...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, jason99vmi said:

Yes I can wholeheartedly agree in adding Simbol's AI Lights Freeware pack.  They look freaking awesome.  Even show up on the military aircraft I added.   

Thanks for your kind complement, I just released version 3.3

Regards,
Simbol

12 minutes ago, YoYo said:

That’s what is holding me back from purchasing UTL. Those models just look so good! I’ve heard Simbol say to buy this and port the models to UTL but I’m wondering why if it will do the same as UTL effectively. 

9 minutes ago, Milton Waddams said:

But I’m wondering why if it will do the same as UTL effectively. 

Well It doesn't!

1) UTL will fly your planes with proper flight plans, not direct lines, they actually flight using aero-routes, etc. where as BGL files is just a straight line, airport A to Airport B.

2) UTL injects traffic via SimConnect, this means no traffic BGL files and super fast loading speeds for P3D, for example, I ported Just Traffict 360 from FSX to PD3V4 manually (took me ages) converted every single plane, etc. as a result my .BGL files were gigabytes of data PD3V4 took between 5 to 8 minutes to load on my M2. SSD key Samsung Pro 950.

I then installed UTL, remove my traffic BGL files, PD3 V4 loads now between 15 to 20 seconds (including loading EZDOK, UTL and AI Lights Reborn Professional edition which I am developing), you go an figure.

This is why I will also buy traffic global, port the models and continue using UTL as the module to inject the traffic, UTL totally supports this as you have methods to just update liveries with your own models.

Regards,
Simbol

8 minutes ago, simbol said:

Well It doesn't!

1) UTL will fly your planes with proper flight plans, not direct lines, they actually flight using aero-routes, etc. where as BGL files is just a straight line, airport A to Airport B.

2) UTL injects traffic via SimConnect, this means no traffic BGL files and super fast loading speeds for P3D, for example, I ported Just Traffict 360 from FSX to PD3V4 manually (took me ages) converted every single plane, etc. as a result my .BGL files were gigabytes of data PD3V4 took between 5 to 8 minutes to load on my M2. SSD key Samsung Pro 950.

I then installed UTL, remove my traffic BGL files, PD3 V4 loads now between 15 to 20 seconds (including loading EZDOK, UTL and AI Lights Reborn Professional edition which I am developing), you go an figure.

This is why I will also buy traffic global, port the models and continue using UTL as the module to inject the traffic, UTL totally supports this as you have methods to just update liveries with your own models.

Regards,
Simbol

Ah, that makes a lot more sense, thanks for the explanation!

Well there's your options:

MyTraffic

Ultimate Traffic

Traffic Global in the works. 

I've used MyTraffic for years then switched to Traffic360 now back to MyTraffic. I'll be waiting for Traffic Global.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb