Sign in to follow this  
TYLICA

Most up to date AI traffic for p3d v4?

The problem is, to have near realistic representation of traffic/flight schedules, the airports and ATC have to be able to support this - We are not there yet....If correct AFCADS were available for all airports then we would be so much better off. 

To have current liveries for most of the world - there is a ton of your own hard work that will be necessary; there is no package that does this for you.

The upcoming Just Flight Traffic Global package is not likely to be the answer either, I would wait for reviews on this package before diving in.  

The "flightplans" used in UTL while arguably better than simple direct airport to airport as used in traditional bgl traffic is still nothing more that what you would get using the default flight planner and selecting high/low level airways from FSX/P3D.  Yes the traffic will fly routes, but they are FAR from realistic as well as being all non RVSM.

I still think however that the majority of the models and the repaints available for UTL look to be vastly better than whats coming from the new Just Flight Global traffic. MyTraffic being a good all in one option for those simply looking to add traffic to the sim, the models just don't look very good at any reasonable distance.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

For those who like GA flights: UT2 and also UTLive (I guess...) do have GA traffic flightplans. However, they use the default models of your sim (e.g. the Maule, Bonanza, King Air) and therefore it is rather heavy on FPS when putting the GA slider to high. "Solution": install the ORBX AUS/NZ GA package, remove the .bgl files and use those GA models instead for your UT2/UTLive GA. As long as you are not to much keen on correct registrations, this works perfectly and you can have plenty of GA planes on your airports, as those GA AI models are way less heavy regarding performance.

• Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi Roy, welcome to AVSIM forums.

I used MT for years but am not convinced about installing it into v4 also the developer on UTLive needs to update and work on it. sadly I think he is ill or was ill.

I am waiting for a true up to date native 64bit AI package to come out before I install into v4. Will keep an eye on this and any others that will come out. https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

My last use of traffic was with P3Dv3 using AIG and AIFP.  It took me 5 months to build 400 airlines, and I loved it.  Now that I have P3Dv4, I'm just waiting for something that is easy to install and update and with minimal FPS impact.  When UT Live comes out of beta, I might give it a try.  In the meantime, I'm just using the ORBX freeware for AU & NZ traffic.

LUIS LINARES

Processor: Intel Core i9 6700K 9900K (5.0 GHz Turbo) Eight Core; CPU Cooling: NXXT Kraken X62 280mm CPU Liquid Cooler; System Memory: 64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM @ 3200 MHz, RGB; Graphics Processor: 11GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, GDDR6, Primary Drive: 2TB Samsung 850 Pro Solid State Drive (SSD)

14 hours ago, simbol said:

I use UTL, you can update their liveries with other models.

By the way UTL flights planes with proper flights plans no point to point as bgl files

If you like to fiddle with traffic files, and be crazy about having each airline repaint, etc. go to AIG.

Don't forget to get my AI lights freeware.

Simbol 

AI Lights Reborn, one of the best addons I have ever seen, and make an amazing difference in v4 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

2 minutes ago, SierraHotel said:

AI Lights Reborn, one of the best addons I have ever seen, and make an amazing difference in v4 

Many thanks for your kind compliments, I released a new version last night for support FAIB new models :wink:

Regards,
Simbol 

1 minute ago, simbol said:

Many thanks for your kind compliments, I released a new version last night for support FAIB new models :wink:

Regards,
Simbol 

Is that version 3.3.0?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Just now, simbol said:

Yes.

Got it, thanks mate.

14 hours ago, YoYo said:

I am waiting for that while using MT6 for now. But, it's not clear if GA and military will be part of the product?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

I am waiting for that while using MT6 for now. But, it's not clear if GA and military will be part of the product?

Since Traffic Global is a new version of preceding versions of Traffic as far as its concept goes - and Traffic Global will be compatible with all FSX versions and all except V1 of P3D - it would make no sense for it to not at least equal the currently available Traffic 360, since nobody using FSX would buy it otherwise, as it would offer no major advantage. Thus Traffic 360's features, are the best reference point for any features likely to be included in Traffic Global, since that is the most recent Traffic version actually available. Thus I think one can safely assume it will include airliners, GA, military aircraft and helicopters, since Traffic 360 certainly has those.

Personally, I'm waiting for it to show up for P3D since everything else which is available as payware seems a bit cobbled together and rushed out for the V4 'me first' market to me; a lot of reviews of what is presently around are less than stellar, which kind of confirms that too. As does this thread actually, because whenever one shows up like this one, there is never any definite 'this is the one you want' consensus.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Jason,

Yeah - brought this up over at ORBX - one guy stated that the Aussie pack was updated - so he was transferring the updated models to the NA and updating everything accordinglyfor his own use... If all the models are updated in AU - that’s the part we can’t do on our own (64 bit conversion ?) - therefore it’s just sitting down and migrating the rest... It will take some hours but if wanted badly enough...

Regards,

Scott

Scott -  All the models FTX AU has are FSX models and will be fine in P3D.  So it should be just a matter of applying the aircraft to the route.  Its also awesome they provided for free the Cessna payware pack from HTAI.  AIFP has the substitute function but i feel more comfortable waiting for someone with a legit flightplan for NA or EU.  Orbx and AIG guys need to get together on this.  that would be sweet.  

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

Well, while waiting for a native version, i've converted some AI Traffic i used for FSX this way: I used this excelent tool 

but i replaced original Image Tool with latest P3D version(you need to install SDK to get it). This way, the AI Traffic is optimised(better loading)using P3Dv4 SDK. Of course, there is a lot of work left becouse of wrong airplane.cfg's and some mistakes you are going to find in any AI package, but that's another story. I tried it with a great PSXseeconTraffic, and it works just fine. I had only a couple of fps drop using FSL A320 at new Aerosoft EDDF.

P.S. I know only textures are optimized, and the airplane models are still old FSX models, but it works great

For those that fly online with say Vatsim, when that Justflight product releases, just take all the aircraft folders and out them outside ofP3D v4 somewhere if your choosing. Then just go to your simobjects.cfg file and add an entry pointing to that location. vPilot will then recognize those aircraft and Bam, you have excellent online traffic models.

Eric