Sign in to follow this  
TYLICA

Most up to date AI traffic for p3d v4?

14 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Thanks to both of you for your views.

Seems like the optimum AI solution is still to come...

The problem is the AI behaviour not the AI Solution, check my profile and my website I am planning to release an Add-on next year that will correct the annoyances we often get with most AI packages.

I am doing it because I miss this very much so since FSX times!.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, simbol said:

The problem is the AI behaviour not the AI Solution, check my profile and my website I am planning to release an Add-on next year that will correct the annoyances we often get with most AI packages.

I am doing it because I miss this very much so since FSX times!.

Regards,
Simbol

Looks promising. Thanks for your contribution. 

Another issue I - like the OP - am struggling with is the availibility of up to date models and liveries.

They are all available of course from different sources all over the web. But building up all relevant airlines with models, liveries and flightplans takes hours and hours of work and every user has to do it himself.

As far as I can see that is - and will be - also necessary with UTL because a lot of their liveries are outdated and they don't seem to be willing to update all of them. Of course it can be done by the user inside UTL - but still it is a lot of work.

And mainly because of copyright issues every user has to do that for himself.

It is like re-inventing the wheel over and over again.

There have been some products lately that combined all the available models and repaints and published them as a single product. Unfortunately apparently they didn't ask for permission so breached the copyright of the freeware developers which of course cannot be supported in any way.

But I don't understand why there isn't a developer who asks for that permission by the developers and then legally comes up with a ready to use package of all the available models and liveries out there. It would save thousands of users dozens of hours work and would be worth a reasonable price.

14 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

But I don't understand why there isn't a developer who asks and gets that permission by the developers and then legally comes up with a ready to use package of all the available models and liveries out there. It would save thousands of users dozens of hours work and would be worth a reasonable price.

Because re-painters and AI developers are now fed up of unscrupulous people benefiting financially by stealing their work, so now they are not willing to give permission to anybody in order to protect their hard work, although some do,  the majority doesn't and now this is the result.

Keeping liveries up to date is also a big deal for developers, it requires a lot of time and end users would be expecting to receive these for free as part of the product updates, for developers  this would never work as we would spend most of the time repainting liveries without any income. The only way this could work is by using subscription based licenses, unfortunately the flight simulation community is not very keen on such licensing model, so there is not market for it.

Consider this, you are keen on having the latest liveries, etc, but not everyone does, lots of users just want to see traffic around and that is it!, so if UTL went for the subscription licensing base model people would just buy MT6 or Traffic Global, so as a developer you have to decide what to do, in the case of UTL it is giving you an interface to update your models if this is what you wish to do, this way it can satisfy both sides of the markets and still have a living...

Regards,

Simbol

16 minutes ago, simbol said:

Consider this, you are keen on having the latest liveries, etc, but not everyone does, lots of users just want to see traffic around and that is it!, so if UTL went for the subscription licensing base model people would just buy MT6 or Traffic Global, so as a developer you have to decide what to do, in the case of UTL it is giving you an interface to update your models if this is what you wish to do, this way it can satisfy both sides of the markets and still have a living...

If UTL (or someone else) would offer an optional "model and livery package" which is updated regularly and is subscription based - in addition to the base software where we can do that work ourselves - I would happily pay a reasonable price for that for not having to do all the work myself and go flying instead.

I wouldn't expect something like a regional carrier in Indonesia in that package but all the main carriers in Europe and North America.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

If UTL (or someone else) would offer an optional "model and livery package" which is updated regularly and is subscription based - in addition to the base software where we can do that work ourselves - I would happily pay a reasonable price for that for not having to do all the work myself and go flying instead.

I wouldn't expect something like a regional carrier in Indonesia in that package but all the main carriers in Europe and North America.

You would, but would everyone else? That is the issue.

Simbol 

4 hours ago, simbol said:

I am planning to release an Add-on next year that will correct the annoyances we often get with most AI packages.

I know you can't tell us too much, but any chance it includes the ability to force AI to take-off and land on the user selected runways which we can change at any point in time? If you could bring this and possibly the ability for the AI to use STARs like AI Controller did, I'd be forever grateful. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

12 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

does it work with p3d v4? I used it for version 3 and it was pretty cool.

Also, one has to have already purchased another product in order to supply the airplane models correct?

Adding to Gerard's affirmative supply re: psxseecon, there's a 64 bit version for P3d v4 that was released very recently.

re: other product purchase. You need models from somewhere. Mt6 is simple. If you want free, orbx traffic plus extra freeware, as a previous poster mentioned, 

i love the story mentioned earlier about holding at yssy with an a380, and then following it in. No other traffic program gives me immersion like that!

most of the problems noted above have solutions eg ATC - just use real-world LiveATC, will match perfectly. I've also tried adding some extra traffic (at quieter airports) with Vox atc, that way you get in-sim coms with at least some of the sim traffic.

The hardest problem is perhaps the ground traffic taxiing over you. We need a reverse-psxseecon, that alerts real-world ATC that there is a simulated jet on their taxiway. They could then hold the real jet until you're clear. Should be easy enough to program, does anyone here have enough clout with the FAA to make it against regs to taxi over a sim aircraft?? ☺️

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

18 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I know you can't tell us too much, but any chance it includes the ability to force AI to take-off and land on the user selected runways which we can change at any point in time? 

No posible with current SDK functionalities.

19 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

If you could bring this and possibly the ability for the AI to use STARs like AI Controller did, I'd be forever grateful. 

This is posible.

There is (or was?) already an addon that forces AI to follow SID and STAR, but it is very cumbersome to use. AI Controller 1.4. No idea if this is still developed, if it supports P3Dv4.x.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

33 minutes ago, AnkH said:

There is (or was?) already an addon that forces AI to follow SID and STAR, but it is very cumbersome to use. AI Controller 1.4. No idea if this is still developed, if it supports P3Dv4.x.

I can't get it to work in v4, others claimed they did. Really liked it tbh.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 9-11-2017 at 9:41 AM, Travelling_Wilbury said:

It can do historic, but only go back 24 hours. Which to most, is good enough.

You can go back 48 hours.

Nico

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, kiek said:

You can go back 48 hours.

Nico

Opps my bad lol

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

17 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I can't get it to work in v4, others claimed they did. Really liked it tbh.

The problem with AI controller was that the latest version started controlling everything and therefore the ESP reality buble lost contact with the AI causing issues with all ATC packages as they were unable to generate chatter or being aware of the AI traffic around you.

Regards,

Simbol

On 11/9/2017 at 5:47 PM, simbol said:

I get you, you enjoy different things as me.

I am looking for a different realism and immersion experience, and unfortunately this tool didn't do it for me. 

I am currently studying my PPL and accordingly I need to get used to do what ATC tells me to do, if I use this tool this cannot be accomplish and eventually I will get used to fly around to perform my own decisions to be able to Land or Takeoff, expect planes around me to be zapped, etc. and eventually my brain will fail on me and I will have an accident on real life. 

Best Regards,

Simbol

One advantage of using a live ATC stream with RealTraffic/PSXseecon is that it is the closest to reall life, because the data is real-world. Therefore should be useful for your PPL training - I'd recommend staying out of the way of heavy jets in RW GA flying, just as you have to do with the sim when using these tools!

The main problem I see for real-world training here is that you can't syncronise the ATC that controls your plane with the real-world traffic. For example, I use VoxATC as ATC for my plane, and it potentially could place me into a conflict with the real-world traffic (as it does not see this). I normally fly around medium-sized airports, so this is very rarely a problem, and TCAS deals with it adequately. In fact, this may actually be a bonus for real-world training, as it forces you to be more aware of surrounding traffic!

Having said this, an ideal solution would be to have a program like VOX ATC, but one which was aware of PSXSeecon-injected traffic, and which could generate realistic communication with the surrounding planes..

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

58 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

One advantage of using a live ATC stream with RealTraffic/PSXseecon is that it is the closest to reall life, because the data is real-world. Therefore should be useful for your PPL training -

The problem is that you will develop bad habits, in RW you listen to ATC, you have to obey the ATC, what you heard and ATC tells you to do is what is happening outside of the window. Live ATC stream is not available everywhere, neither it will tell me my vectors, SID, STARS, authorization to land or to take off.

RealTraffic/PSXseecon doesn't work for my desired immersion experience as it disconnects my plane from the reality bubble.

Regards,
Simbol

• Like 1