Sign in to follow this  
TYLICA

Most up to date AI traffic for p3d v4?

2 hours ago, simbol said:

The problem is that you will develop bad habits, in RW you listen to ATC, you have to obey the ATC, what you heard and ATC tells you to do is what is happening outside of the window. Live ATC stream is not available everywhere, neither it will tell me my vectors, SID, STARS, authorization to land or to take off.

RealTraffic/PSXseecon doesn't work for my desired immersion experience as it disconnects my plane from the reality bubble.

Regards,
Simbol

I'm not suggesting using LiveATC to control your aircraft, that obviously doesn't work! Rather, I'm suggesting the the combination of LiveATC and real-world traffic provides an immersive (for many) enviromment to sim in, and also should be useful for real-world training as you're getting used to the sound of actual avaiation communications, which no program currently mimics with a great degree of verisimilitude (some are pretty good with the phraseology, but it still sounds very different from an actual ATC stream).

As mentioned you need a separate program for your aircraft's ATC, I use VoxATC now, which works well as voice commands are more realistic than pressing a key to make a call (and you also have to listen carefully to what is actually being said). I agree that you need get used to obeying the ATC in the sim - lots of simmers are used to flying wherever they wish, which may not go down well if you try it in real life! The exception to following ATC is when there is danger to your aircraft, such as a potential collision, in which case you as pilot of course have the ultimate responsibility. Traffic alerts should be rare in a well-controlled real world environment, but they do happen and so their occurrence in the sim is not unrealistic. As I fly in moderately-populated areas (due to frame rate limitations with VR and current tech), clashes between PSXseecon traffic and Vox ATC's instructions to my aircraft are very rare. If you're flying into a megaairport such as KLAX, I think that this will be a more frequent problem, though as a previous poster mentioned, it's still possible (and enjoyable) to slot in between the real arriving aircraft for the landing.

If a program like voxATC could be aware of this real-world traffic, and ensure that instructions to your aircraft are appropriate, that would be perfect, but the combination mentioned above is still 'as real as it gets' at the current point in time.

Thought for the day: something like PilotEdge or Vatsim combined with PSCSeeCon and Realtraffic would be perfect, a human controller could easily ensure that you stay clear of real-world traffic (controller and pilot would both have access to the same real-world data). Does anyone know if this has been tried?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hi everyone,

I found a way to get real world AI Traffic in P3D v4. This has the most up to date liveries and flight plans, e.g- the new Lufthansa livery is there. Pretty much every airline and livery is installed in the folder.

A video on how to get real world AI traffic for the entire world (works with all versions of FSX and P3D v1, v2, v3 and v4).

Thanks,
Nightstrider101

Edited by cmpbellsjc
Removed non-working YouTube link. Video must be embedded.

Alpha India Group freeware models and schedules are easily the most current and accurate. I would wait a week or so for the formal release of their installer utility which automated setup. Kiek's app which uses live ATC, is great also as long as the airport requires all aircraft ADB transmitters to be turned on while the aircraft is taxiing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Alpha India Group freeware models and schedules are easily the most current and accurate. I would wait a week or so for the formal release of their installer utility which automated setup. Kiek's app which uses live ATC, is great also as long as the airport requires all aircraft ADB transmitters to be turned on while the aircraft is taxiing.

Kiek's PSXSeecontraffic is great indeed, and I much acknowledge the thoughts and work he puts into it. Unfortunately, I rarely find time for simming before late night, at which time most of the European Airports - and notably the smaller ones - are void of traffic. Formerly, the Real Traffic App which PSXSeecontraffic relies on had a time shift buffering, which is gone now, so I often have to fall back to UTL.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

UT Live is an outstanding add on, it will bring your airports to life, and because the models aren't individual scenery files (ie. BGL's) it has a minimal impact on frame rates, plus you can control the percentage of AI traffic that you want displayed while the sim is running by using hot key combinations. Some of the liveries might be out of date, but most seem pretty current for the countries and airports that I fly in to, namely the USA, UK, and parts of Europe.

There are also some add on traffic packages for freight airline AI traffic available thru the library here at Avsim, the ones I got cover UPS, Fed Ex, and Atlas Air and they include all the models that those carriers fly and in current liveries as far as I can tell. These are tedious to install, but once you get the hang of it it's not too bad, and it adds a new dimension to airports that see a lot of freight airline traffic, like KSDF and KMEM for example.

I tried Just Flight's Traffic Global, and I didn't like it, but to be fair it's a work in progress and they tell you that up front, so I can't complain, but I love UT Live and I would highly recommend it.

• Like 2

I have had MyTraffic and don´t want to continue with it. 

I doenloaded the AIG manager but I am not able to install traffic with it. For some reason I am stuck in the cookie settings. When I am there, the whole program just freezes. What the problem might be?

Can this be sorted out? Do I have to go to payware side? UTLive? I am looking for a easy-to-install, accurate-enough traffic for airliners (mostly in Europe but also in other parts of the globe), GA and some military and cargo traffic as well.

3 minutes ago, kiki said:

I have had MyTraffic and don´t want to continue with it. 

I doenloaded the AIG manager but I am not able to install traffic with it. For some reason I am stuck in the cookie settings. When I am there, the whole program just freezes. What the problem might be?

Can this be sorted out? Do I have to go to payware side? UTLive? I am looking for a easy-to-install, accurate-enough traffic for airliners (mostly in Europe but also in other parts of the globe), GA and some military and cargo traffic as well.

Ask help to @Kaiii3 or any of my beta testers on these forums. They will be more than happy to get you up and running with AIGM. It is one of the best at the moment and FREE.

S.

• Upvote 1

AIG should install pretty easily.  I'd have to go back to the manual to check the process, but from my recollection it worked pretty slickly, if not 100% intuitively.  Installing models and paints was an absolute breeze though :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Thats the reason we have included the step by step tutorial. For 99% of all Airlines we provide so far the whole process is very easy in some cases the users needs to do some work like selecting a file/downloading a file.

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

2 hours ago, kiki said:

That could be the Flightsim.com login. I don't have their premium service so any interaction I have with them takes a long time. I can always tell when AIM is downloading from them due to the time it takes for the download.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

41 minutes ago, gsand said:

I don't have their premium service so any interaction I have with them takes a long time.

I only have just the regular sign in to them as well and it hasn't been an issue at all.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Not an issue for me, more of an observation. I've got 100mbs+ speed hard wired not wifi and only get about 45-50 kbs on downloads. I did have premium once about 10 years ago and downloads were much, much faster.

Edited by gsand

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5