Sign in to follow this  
ahsmatt7

ActiveSky Next for p3d v4.

15 hours ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I can from a 2700k and what I've experienced with the 8700k is mind blowing.

I plan on writing a whole write up on it tomorrow sometime.

I never thought I could get 50fps with the pmdg 747 out of ksfo hd v2. It's paired with a 1080 ti at 4k as well.

I was able to get it OCed to 5 ghz at 1.305v on a kraken x62 AIO.

Please do mate :) i also have a1080ti waiting for it, but i need to see more about the behaviour of the animal in our so specific enviroment to decide if my canyon's devel is worth a replacement!

OP sorry for the off topic, as for ASP4 comming from AS go for it, you wont regret it... and if you can add ASCA to the package, even better ;)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

3 hours ago, w6kd said:

1.305v or 1.35v? 

1.305v I feel I won the silicon lottery. I ran prime 95 for 5 hours without any issues.

I felt it was pointless to go any longer with prime 95. I'll run OCCT if someone really wants me to. But I don't see the point.

I started at 1.280v at first but noticed one of my cores kept failing prime 95 within 5 or 10 minutes. I upped it little by little and it's been holding firm since then.

I use the small FFT test for prime 95. The 8k pass throws temps up to the mid 80s but that was the highest it got.

Running p3d v4.1 and other games, it doesn't get any hotter than 72 degrees. It usually hovers around high 60s.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

1 hour ago, ahsmatt7 said:

I felt it was pointless to go any longer with prime 95. I'll run OCCT if someone really wants me to. But I don't see the point.

Through the years I have seen many clocks pass P95 and fail OCCT.  For flight sims - OCCT is a must IMHO as it stresses the cpu. memory interaction much as FSX or P3D do. P95 doesn't affect that so if you want to stress your clock the same as it would get in loaded flight sim operation - OCCT is it.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

23 hours ago, Milton Waddams said:

How’s the 8700k? I haven’t really heard anyone around here talk about it all that much.

I  bought one and installed new rig today.  I can get 5.1 out of it with a corsair 110i.  Looking forward to testing it tomorrow 😘 

14ppkc-6.png

30 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Through the years I have seen many clocks pass P95 and fail OCCT.  For flight sims - OCCT is a must IMHO as it stresses the cpu. memory interaction much as FSX or P3D do. P95 doesn't affect that so if you want to stress your clock the same as it would get in loaded flight sim operation - OCCT is it.

Vic

I actually downloaded OCCT yesterday  becasue I read what you wrote in another thread about this exact same thing. 

However, OCCT wouldnt install for some reason. I ll try again tonight and see how it goes :)

Matt kubanda

5 hours ago, dmarques69 said:

Please do mate :) i also have a1080ti waiting for it, but i need to see more about the behaviour of the animal in our so specific enviroment to decide if my canyon's devel is worth a replacement!

OP sorry for the off topic, as for ASP4 comming from AS go for it, you wont regret it... and if you can add ASCA to the package, even better ;)

got the write up done! its in the Prepar3d Forum.

its tiled "My i7-2700k to i7-8700k upgrade experience!"

• Upvote 1

Matt kubanda