Sign in to follow this  
solentflyer

Sounds interesting....

Handen,

That is way more than interesting, particularly because it will (maybe) encompass all the sims with the exception of FS2004, Aerofly and DCS.

If effective it will definitely, and, very quickly, a "must have"  

I just wonder if it will prove conflictive with PTA for v4?

One to keep an eye on though ... Well spotted.

Regards

Tony

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

For all of the lazy people: :biggrin:

“With 2018 soon approaching, we at FSFL (Flight Sim Forensic Labs) thought it was an appropriate time to preview a new piece of software for Prepar3D v4 that we're very excited to be releasing early in the new year.

The primary purpose of the new software we’re calling P3D-Forensics is to help you create and, more importantly, maintain a flight simulation environment that is both error-free and highly optimized for your particular combination of hardware and FS-related software add-ons.

By helping to maintain an efficient, up-to-date environment, this new software will go a long way towards ensuring an enjoyable and stress-free flight every time you hit the virtual skies.

Please see below a summary of the main highlights of this new software suite:

P3D-Forensics will maintain an inventory of every major* flight sim-related add-on (aircraft, flight planning, scenery, texture, weather) installed on your system. For each add-on, it will automatically notify you whenever a new update is released/available that you do not currently have installed. In addition, it will direct you to the appropriate place to download the update, whether that be the add-on developer’s web site or the add-on’s own configuration tool. The software will also automatically check all settings for each add-on to ensure there are no configuration errors present.

P3D-Forensics will monitor every Prepar3D configuration file and maintain a searchable case history of changes, at both file and individual setting level. For example, when installing a new aircraft or a new piece of scenery, it will maintain a searchable catalogue of every change made to every setting within every P3D config file. These will include changes to:

prepar3d.cfg, airlines.cfg, autogen.cfg, display.cfg, effects.cfg, gauges.cfg, scenery.cfg, add-ons.cfg, dll.xml, exe.xml

P3D-Forensics will maintain an inventory of all files/folders added to the Prepar3D installation folder during the install of an add-on and (most importantly) monitor changes to any of the files delivered as part of Prepar3D v4. By maintaining a full history of these changes, P3D-Forensics will be able to provide, at any time, a full list of all changes made to your Prepar3D installation since you originally installed it. This will be extremely useful for not only tracking down problems, but also re-applying changes if a re-install of Prepar3D is required at any time.

P3D-Forensics will, at the touch of a button, provide a comprehensive health check of your Prepar3D installation and give you a score based on errors found, update/patch level of all major* FS-related add-ons installed and current settings vs. recommended values. The program will both provide the reasons for a possible low score and provide recommendations for improving any score found to be below the optimum level.

P3D-Forensics will be able to perform an on-demand analysis of your PC hardware, whilst checking every config setting (for both Prepar3D and each add-on) to ensure it is appropriate for the CPU/GPU/RAM combination currently installed.

These are just a few of the highlights. The program will contain some additional useful functions that we be revealing and detailing in upcoming announcements.

Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have. As mentioned, we're extremely excited about this new tool and are confident that this it will soon become a must-have utility in every virtual aviator's FS hangar.

For the initial release, there will be a P3D v4 version only. If there is sufficient interest, we will also consider creating versions for FSX, Flight Sim World, Prepar3D v3 and X-Plane.

More updates coming soon as we wrap up development and begin preparing for alpha testing. Once alpha testing is nearing completion, we will be inviting applications to become a member of our small beta testing team.

*The list of P3Dv4 add-on developers currently supported (with more to follow at user request) include the following:

A2A

Aerosoft

AivlaSoft

Drzewiecki Design

EZCA

Flight1

FlyTampa

FSDreamTeam

FSLabs

FS2Crew

iFly

Imagine Simulation

Just Flight

LatinVFR

Majestic Software

Navigraph

Orbx

PMDG

Pollypot Software

REX Simulations

Taxi2Gate”

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I just wonder if it will prove conflictive with PTA for v4?

I don’t see why it would considering PTA is shaders and this is more of an addon manager on steroids.

I've been wondering when someone would create something like this! I've been thinking how much easier simming would be if we had one product to manage all the addons.

• Upvote 2

Johnny Crockett
7700K @5ghz | Asus GTX 1070 | G.Skill 16GB 3600 | P3D V4

It does sound interesting and potentially very useful. Matt Davies was recently talking about developing his Simstall application which would basically be the Steam of flight sim. I'll keep an eye on this forensics application for sure! 

• Upvote 2

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

This is tremendous stuff if works as advertised.  Can't wait.

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Simbol,  

I love that response .. well done you LOL

Also, there is the aspect (as you point out) of "for all the lazy people"  and this is probably very true,  There is, however, a very real need for simmers, who like me,  are way out of ther comfort zones with the ever increasing complexity of our new software. I believe that this could prove to be "sorely needed" for many of us to trouble shoot problems.

If it is as effective as I believe it may be, it will solve so many problems and thus leave us to be more sociable on thess as opposed to s in these forums spending time solving problems

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Simbol,  

I love that response .. well done you LOL

Also, there is the aspect (as you point out) of "for all the lazy people"  and this is probably very true,  There is, however, a very real need for simmers, who like me,  are way out of ther comfort zones with the ever increasing complexity of our new software. I believe that this could prove to be "sorely needed" for many of us to trouble shoot problems.

If it is as effective as I believe it may be, it will solve so many problems and thus leave us to be more sociable on thess as opposed to s in these forums spending time solving problems

By my comment about lazy people. I was referring to the people who didn’t want to click the link and find it on the page rather than just read it here. My apologies if it came across any other way!

Sorry Guys,

I am having a few problems with the keyboard on my laptop.

The last was posted without the benefit of clicking on "submit reply" and as I type the cursor is jumping around everywhere. Time for a service I think.

I was simply wantng to state that it could well relieve many people of problem solving duties, and leave us the ability to just spend more time being sociable,  This is just an observation as many many people on this forum really enjoy the aspect of helping others and when I can, this applies to me to,

Again Milton, this was not an opinion  on your comment but, rather just an extenstion to that comment. 

Regardless, I think this software cannot get here quickly enough and I sincerely hope that the Devs are greatly encouraged by our comments here.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Might be interesting for those who have tons of addons but I don’t need something like this. It’s a bit over the top imho.

Now the next thing you’ll need is an addon that checks this one: I see the forgot to support themselves! :cool:

13 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Regardless, I think this software cannot get here quickly enough and I sincerely hope that the Devs are greatly encouraged by our comments here.

Agreed!

2 minutes ago, J van E said:

Now the next thing you’ll need is an addon that checks this one: I see the forgot to support themselves! :cool:

That’s the big question, do they even support themselves :laugh:

This is a link to a facebook page that has been active for 4 hours or so, and no names of the persons behind this amazing piece of software.  You would think someone would have more info about them.

• Upvote 1

Stephen Forsgren