Sign in to follow this  
deltaalpha

Blurry Textures Upon Arrival

Thanks Rob

v4 is defaulted to 16.

Think I will just leave this alone.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

2 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Thanks Rob

v4 is defaulted to 16.

Think I will just leave this alone.

Yep that worked for me too. No blurries anymore. And surprise surprise no impact on frams that I can see.

thanks

1 hour ago, Iceman2 said:

Yep that worked for me too. No blurries anymore. And surprise surprise no impact on frams that I can see.

thanks

Sorry, what value are you using here?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

23 minutes ago, gboz said:

Sorry, what value are you using here?

gb.

I just popped in 1 as suggested previously.

[SCENERY] 
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=1

I didn’t experiment with any other number and I don’t even know what this number means but it works for me and I don’t see any impact. (Yet)

I have not blurry textures but I am missing auto gen during the arrival. Everything is ok when I start my flight but when I descent for the arrival there are no auto gen trees or buildings unless I pause the flight and wait. I fly only with ORBX sceneries, Terraflora, ENVTEX, PTA and AS16 in my P3D 3.4.

What is this all about and is there a solution. Of course I can pause my flight but it is not the best option.

On 11/10/2017 at 11:15 AM, Nyxx said:

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 

Dave, I did indeed try this tweak the 'first time round' back in P3D v2. While it did give me a boost in FPS, it definitely resulted in blurry scenery textures. At least for me. This makes sense when you understand the logic behind FFTF.

So far, with 4.1 I haven't felt the need to make any cfg tweaks. I'm happy with Beau's explanation of MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame (thanks @Rob Ainscough) so I'll be leaving the cfg well alone ... for now ;)

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

7 hours ago, kiki said:

I have not blurry textures but I am missing auto gen during the arrival. Everything is ok when I start my flight but when I descent for the arrival there are no auto gen trees or buildings unless I pause the flight and wait. I fly only with ORBX sceneries, Terraflora, ENVTEX, PTA and AS16 in my P3D 3.4.

What is this all about and is there a solution. Of course I can pause my flight but it is not the best option.

Having the same issue here.

James

20 hours ago, kiki said:

What refresh rate, vsync setting and frame limit are you using there?

gb.

• Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On ‎11‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 11:17 AM, kiki said:

I had the same issue. For me it was working to either reduce Autogen Distance to Medium when frames were set to unlimited or to limit my frames f.e. to 30 and set Autogen Distance to High or Very High - with all other setting maxed. It seems that setting Autogen Distance higher than medium with unlimited frames caused my pc to not being able to keep up although it is a rather decent one (i7700k, 32 GB, 1080 Ti, SSD). This might not be a solution for everyone, but so far I did not have any issues with blurry or autogen less arrivals anymore.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your ideas! I´ll give them a try.

For now my frames are set to unlimited, Scenery Complexity is Very Dense, Autogen Vegetation is set to Dense, Autogen Density to Normal, and VSync is on with Triple Buffering (what is this actually?).

I´ll play a little with these and we´ll see if this makes difference. Keeping my fingers crossed...

It looks like setting the frame rate target in the sim to 60 (instead of unlimited) solves my problem of autogen not loading on approach, albeit at the cost of some FPS performance/smoothness. More testing needed, though.

James

On 11/13/2017 at 5:29 AM, honanhal said:

It looks like setting the frame rate target in the sim to 60 (instead of unlimited) solves my problem of autogen not loading on approach, albeit at the cost of some FPS performance/smoothness. More testing needed, though.

James

Yes I find vsync/unlimited can limit autogen loading at high air speeds. Vsync/Locked usually does better.
Unfortunately at 60Hz refresh that only gives you one other vsync option ie lock at 60 which is not as smooth. With 30Hz refresh things can be smoother with the option to lock just above the refresh rate ie 31~33.

gb.

Well, here's a different take on this problem, and it worked for me in FSX.  I have an i7 machine and a GTX960M video card.  I use lots of Orbx including vectors.  I loaded a plain NVidia template for FSX 10.  I've got a 60hz monitor.  I created a new fsx.cfg.  I followed this guy's advice - http://www.hovercontrol.com/artman/publish/article_103.shtml .  I've got my Antialiasing set to 32XS[Combined:2X2 SS + & MS] and 4x Sparse Grid Supersampling with Anisotropic filtering on in FSX and Anti-aliasing ticked (which gives me a clearer image ? ... I didn't say I know what I'm doing).  My FSX-SE graphic settings and frame rate are maxed.  No traffic or weather.  And, no blurries for the first time in a long time.  Maybe this will give someone else something to try.