Sign in to follow this  
deltaalpha

Blurry Textures Upon Arrival

Hello all,

I've been having issues lately with blurry ground textures upon descent and arrival into my destination.  I've been using the FSLabs A320 almost exclusively and didn't remember the problem before but I've been doing some longer flights lately.  I think my system is decent but my specs are i7-7700k, 32 GB ram, GTX 1080, m.2 SSD.  I'm using the normal add-ons... Orbx, Active Sky+Cloud Art.  Now I'm curious if this is a VRAM issue or something else?  I know there is a lot more knowledge than I have around this forum and would appreciate any feedback.  I've taken pictures to show what I mean: Before/After Photos

Thanks,

Dan

Daniel

In Prepar3d.cfg change the following value:

[SCENERY] 
"MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=1"

The possible numbers for this is 1/4/16/64. 16 should be the default and was originally used when VAS was more of an issue. I set mine to 1 and have had no issues since.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

I have noticed more blurries with P3Dv4.1 than 4.0.

I have always been plaqued with blurred ground textures from time to time since the beginning of P3D. 

When version 4.0 came out I was excited to see clear textures all around the aircraft, but sadly in 4.1 the textures sometimes becomes blurry which is disappointing.

However I will try the suggested fix above which I have not tried before. Normally I fiddle with the AM without great results.

Thx for posting 19dcavscout I’ll try this one.

IM

• Upvote 1

On 11/8/2017 at 0:35 AM, dtm211 said:

Hello all,

I've been having issues lately with blurry ground textures upon descent and arrival into my destination.  I've been using the FSLabs A320 almost exclusively and didn't remember the problem before but I've been doing some longer flights lately.  I think my system is decent but my specs are i7-7700k, 32 GB ram, GTX 1080, m.2 SSD.  I'm using the normal add-ons... Orbx, Active Sky+Cloud Art.  Now I'm curious if this is a VRAM issue or something else?  I know there is a lot more knowledge than I have around this forum and would appreciate any feedback.  I've taken pictures to show what I mean: Before/After Photos

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Firstly the good news is you should not be getting this and hopefully it can be sorted out. The screenshots you showed with blurry arrival is terrible. 

Your PC looks great better than mine. But we need more info.

What settings are you using? when you say "orbx" is that OLC or regions?

Have you got FPS set on unlimited?

20 minutes ago, Iceman2 said:

I have noticed more blurries with P3Dv4.1 than 4.0.

I have always been plaqued with blurred ground textures from time to time since the beginning of P3D. 

When version 4.0 came out I was excited to see clear textures all around the aircraft, but sadly in 4.1 the textures sometimes becomes blurry which is disappointing.

However I will try the suggested fix above which I have not tried before. Normally I fiddle with the AM without great results.

Thx for posting 19dcavscout I’ll try this one.

IM

First dont use AM in v4 its not needed. If you see your core 0 is maxing out. Kick everything off core 0 & 1 that your running along with P3D.

Also like Dan more info would be good.

You Both could try my setting see if that helps

https://www.avsim.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/11/01/11cf76.jpg&key=614c50c36fb1ab42642ec7b195126e15aa205335c3c3e974821a966bfd39200b

https://www.avsim.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/11/01/2306e9.jpg&key=9fa8bdca8da59ec3bfe2414db28219322f7f718f909a83c00c1c20fd2394a13a

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

15 hours ago, 19dcavscout said:

[SCENERY] 

The possible numbers for this is 1/4/16/64. 16 should be the default and was originally used when VAS was more of an issue. I set mine to 1 and have had no issues since.

I've never seen this tweak before, will give it a try. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Hi Dan,

Firstly the good news is you should not be getting this and hopefully it can be sorted out. The screenshots you showed with blurry arrival is terrible. 

Your PC looks great better than mine. But we need more info.

What settings are you using? when you say "orbx" is that OLC or regions?

Have you got FPS set on unlimited?

First dont use AM in v4 its not needed. If you see your core 0 is maxing out. Kick everything off core 0 & 1 that your running along with P3D.

Also like Dan more info would be good.

You Both could try my setting see if that helps

https://www.avsim.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/11/01/11cf76.jpg&key=614c50c36fb1ab42642ec7b195126e15aa205335c3c3e974821a966bfd39200b

https://www.avsim.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2017/11/01/2306e9.jpg&key=9fa8bdca8da59ec3bfe2414db28219322f7f718f909a83c00c1c20fd2394a13a

I'm using Orbx Global Base, openLC North America, and Vector.  FPS limited to 30 by the game slider, not from NVidia inspector. I'll take a look at your settings and see if that helps. Thanks!

Dan

Daniel

Dan,

Vector, you need to turn off lots of things in there. try this and add if you feel the need.

v2.jpg
v1.jpg

Also with FPS locked try adding this in your config.

With locked FPS without this line the default is 0.33 = that's 33% of every second is given to loading textures. This is also why when people just lock there FPS with P3D they find they have a big hit on FPS as a result of the lock. Hence why you need to add the line below under [Main]

[Main]

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 

Hope all this helps!

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Follow...

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

[SCENERY] 

I made that change and it looks like a new sim, no blurries. Thank you so much!!!

On 11/8/2017 at 7:21 PM, 19dcavscout said:

[SCENERY] 

What does this actually do?  Ever since V3 I've had major issues with blurries on arrival as well.  After a recent bios update the problem is much better but still a bit of an issue even though on climbout the sim looks great.  Are there any negative consequences for applying that tweak?  My cfg is completely untouched.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

On 09/11/2017 at 3:21 AM, 19dcavscout said:

[SCENERY] 

http://www.robainscough.com/P3D_Performance_Tuning.html

Rob say here for VAS problems use

[SCENERY]
MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame=32

So1/4/16/64 are not the only values. Are they x4?

I also am not sure how this works, would like to understand more? "MaxRegionsPurgePerFrameintMax" number of scenery regions to purge per frame.

7 hours ago, Nyxx said:

Dan,

Vector, you need to turn off lots of things in there. try this and add if you feel the need.

v2.jpg
v1.jpg

Also with FPS locked try adding this in your config.

With locked FPS without this line the default is 0.33 = that's 33% of every second is given to loading textures. This is also why when people just lock there FPS with P3D they find they have a big hit on FPS as a result of the lock. Hence why you need to add the line below under [Main]

[Main]

Hope all this helps!

Dave,

I remembered after I posted this that I had added that FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01 tweak to my cfg.  I then decided to remove it and see if that was the cause.  I did a flight from LGA to FLL and upon arrival my textures were the same as I departed, no blurries.  That was only one flight after removing that so maybe I got lucky.  I'll have to try and do some more flights to see if it fixed it.

Dan

Daniel

As long as you find what works for you it does not matter what combo of all the options it's just finding what works for you. GL Dan

[SCENERY] 

This is interesting. I'm going to tag @Poppet here and hope she knows more about it!

I swore if I got back into flightsim, I'd cut down on the tweaks... But here I am! :D

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

1 hour ago, Ebs said:

[SCENERY] 

This is interesting. I'm going to tag @Poppet here and hope she knows more about it!

I swore if I got back into flightsim, I'd cut down on the tweaks... But here I am! :D

I only use 

[Main]

But want to know about this also, I asked on P3D forums today but no reply. Apart from using VAS I have no idea 

On 11/7/2017 at 4:35 PM, dtm211 said:

I've been using the FSLabs A320 almost exclusively and didn't remember the problem before but I've been doing some longer flights lately.

It could be many things, do you have the issue with any other aircraft?   What version of P3D are you running?

I don't use any tweaks in P3D V4.x other than those to improve shadow quality and distant textures (which increases the work load on my CPU/GPU and definitely does NOT improve performance).

As for MaxRegionsPurgePerFrame ... this value used to be 16 in V3, I believe the default for V4 is now 4.  This setting was primarily used for memory optimizations and shouldn't make much of a difference in P3D V4.x  per Beau H. (LM when relative to P3D V3 NOT V4): 

To reduce stalls was to put a limit on the number of scenery regions purged per frame. This was part of the big updates we made to optimize trees. As you fly around, scenery regions get requested based on distance from the camera. Scenery regions hold model placements, auto-gen, etc. The terrain mesh/texture data is handled through a totally different system though which relies on the LOD radius. The scenery database loads modes based on your scenery complexity, and makes auto-gen requests based on auto-gen settings, etc. The regions represent 64km, 16km, 4km, and 1km tiles with 16 children. These are loaded as needed and stay in memory until purged. Because of parent/child dependencies, the system only purges by distance at the 64km level. When a top level region is removed, it then recursively removes its children. Autogen tree data is stored in 1k cells, so there could be up to 4,096 tiles worth of three placement data to free up. This would cause very noticeable hangs. So, rather than remove all the tiles, we que them up for remove and remove a few every frame. Originally this was set to something low like 4. We raised it during the last round of memory optimizations to help speed up the process of clearing memory and avoid potential edge cases where fly fast at a low framerate might allocate memory faster than it gets freed. 

Cheers, Rob.