Sign in to follow this  
Carob

PANC Approaches

Who do you want to fix this?  PANC went from the 6/24 and 14/32 to 7/25 and 15/33 years ago. The approach database you have is almost a decade out of date.

My best advice would be to update the world wide navigation database and if you can buy and addon GPS like the RXP one.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I'd like to have a more current one but this is the newest I have been able to find.

I want to fix it because the ones that are there don't do anything.  There are no runways associated with all but two (I think) of them.  And ATC directs you to things that are impossible to do because you can't figure out what they are telling you to do.  Things don't match.  Too hard to explain I guess.  You'd have to try it yourself.

I'm hoping someone else is using this and either knows how to fix it or just might be willing to send the fix to me.

Your never going to find a fix for ATC.  Sorry to say but give up on it.  Even these pay ware ATC addons will fly you straight into terrain.

Its not the scenery that’s the problem.  It’s the default navigation database.  It’s way out of date.

Update the database from this.  http://www.aero.sors.fr/navaids2.html

see if that moves things along.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I've know about people adjusting these in the past.  I just don't know how.

I don't think you can update the database, in this case, because it won't match up with what's contained in the scenery.

V6 of that download looks like it is 2012.  Download the Nav database from that website. It has an installer in it.  It can be more do it yourself.  It’ll update the Navaids.  That’s about all you can do except maybe use an aftermarket GPS to provide more up to date navigation to updated airports.

Honestly, there isn’t much you can do.  Your using a 13 year old simulator which is well pst it’s expiration date (I know blasphemy).  Might be time to start to figure out how to upgrade your system if you really want to keep up to date. There’s only so much you can do with that old sim.

beta.gif   

My Liveries

1 hour ago, thibodba57 said:

Who do you want to fix this?  PANC went from the 6/24 and 14/32 to 7/25 and 15/33 years ago. The approach database you have is almost a decade out of date.

My best advice would be to update the world wide navigation database and if you can buy and addon GPS like the RXP one.

-----

you could also change it up on afcad...which is about the same age!!

12 minutes ago, darrenvox said:

-----

you could also change it up on afcad...which is about the same age!!

Revert an updated airport to its old state? Why on earth do the updated airport then?

beta.gif   

My Liveries

I may be flying a 13 year old sim but it's database is completely up-to-to date because I update it myself.

What you need to do Carob is get ADE (not Afcad) and edit the PANC afcad.

With ADE you can write new Runway designations and new approaches.

To find out how to do this head here. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor.95/

edit* I thought I should add writing new approaches for FSATC is one thing (I do it all the time) how it displays in the def GPS is another because for some reason the stall speed of the aircraft you are flying (written in your aircraft cfg) affects the display. 

Anyway your first step will be to learn how to write an approach with ADE. 

I know that AFCAD and ADE can do this.  Somehow.  This is what I was referring to when I said people have done it.  I have ADE but to use it to update AFCAD files you have to have all of the scenery add-on's loaded for it to compile it or the scenery doesn't display.  I probably don't have all of that stuff.  At least not enough to make it work anyway.  I've tried in the past with others.

Again, the hope is someone is using FRF's PANC and has already done this.  Hard to believe this hasn't come up with it being as old as it is.

I still use AFCAD for the scenery I have that used it at the time.  Works fine.  But I only updating parking and small things like that.

I have attempted to use ADE for the same type of thing but can't because it requires to have all of the appropriate scenery libraries attached to it.  Or something like that.  But have never tried to use for modifying approaches.  Wouldn't even know where to begin.  But, I assume the appropriate scenery libraries would still need to be attached to do the compile.  Which I haven't been able to figure out.

The goal is for help.

Or to find someone who has already done this for this FRF PANC v6 scenery that I can test.

Using the old Afcad is risky because if your afcad include excludes or flattens. Afcad will erase these on saving.

Best to always use ADE .... and who knows one day you might write an approach. 

Carob

Where did you get the AFD file you are modifying with AFCAD?  My FRF V6 came with an AFX_PANC_v6.bgl file which I modified with ADE.  That file has ILS approaches for rws 14, 07L and 07R which AI appeared to be using. I only used it with LevelD B767 and not the default GPS.  If you changed it with AFCAD, you probably lost a lot of the file content.

Colin B

I'm not modifying ADE files with AFCAD.  Only AFCAD files.  I don't do anything with ADE files because I don't know how they work nor have the necessary scenery files that they require to compile properly.