Sign in to follow this  
Muso

Had enough

Question from my wife. "Haven't you had enough trying to fly that damned thing yet".   My answer is " yep, it has been a total and expensive disappointment."  Consider these costs:  

P3d v4      - $77.55  (purchased 10/9/17

PMDG 747 - $172.21 (purchased 10/19/17)

PMDG 777 - $176.37 (purchased 10/20/17)

Foreign exchange - $7.50

After spending $433.63 and trying to install and fly since 10/19/17, it's just not happening.  I have spent probably 4 hours each day from that date, installing, uninstalling, cleaning the registry and other ways to get it to run, and nothing is working.

The nearest I got, was it did work until I shut the program down, only to have to do the complete un-install of both P3D and the aircraft to get it to run again. Someone suggested the fault lies with MS update KB 4038788. Checked my updates and it was not listed. Someone else suggested KB4041676 which was listed so I deleted it. Still hasn't fixed it

The bottom line is, after spending over $433.00 AUD, I can't use it. I have been messing with computers since 1984 and I have never, ever had so much trouble trying to get a program to run. No-one has come up with a workable solution so I figure I just learnt an expensive and time consuming lesson which is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. 

I'm going back to FSX.  Maybe not as good but at least it works

Glenn Hutchinson

Specifically, what is happening when you try to run it? And is it P3D, or the 747? Is it both your PMDG aircraft?

I can see you are frustrated. Perhaps the community can help you out..

I have found that if you open a support ticket with PMDG, they will help you  the absolute best way they can. Try it and see.

23 minutes ago, MattS said:

Specifically, what is happening when you try to run it? And is it P3D, or the 747? Is it both your PMDG aircraft?

I can see you are frustrated. Perhaps the community can help you out..

I think Matt makes good points. Break it down a bit and tell us if you try to run P3D without PMDG, is everything OK? The more details you can tell us, the more likely you'll get possible solutions. Don't give up yet.

Mario Di Lauro

The fact that you are having so much trouble with fresh installs makes me think that the problem could be something very simple, and easy to track down. Please, let the forum help you before you give up.

Did you try a clean install of Windows? Sounds like its a problem with your system. Not P3D & PMDG otherwise lots of people would have the same problem.

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Glenn,

Could you post your Hardware specs and operating system info? I know it's of no help, but I've found P3Dv4.1 to be the most bullet-proof of any of the MSFS-ish sims to date. P3Dv4.1 virtually never crashes for me. I would argue what some others here have said, that there's something, probably not too complex at cause, and different ears, and eyes, and minds might be able to figure it out. Let the community help you NOT throw that money away.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

9 hours ago, Muso said:

The bottom line is, after spending over $433.00 AUD, I can't use it. I have been messing with computers since 1984 and I have never, ever had so much trouble trying to get a program to run. No-one has come up with a workable solution so I figure I just learnt an expensive and time consuming lesson which is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. 

Glenn,

Sorry you've been running into issues, but you didn't have to go through all of this alone. Our support site (linked in my signature) could've put you in contact with us within a matter of hours to help you sort through this (and this is included in the cost of the product).

Since all of the products aren't working, though, it's less likely that it's our code, and more likely the environment you're installing into. It's something we'll gladly help with, but do understand that we're at the complete mercy of what you have on your own computer - and that's regardless of how much you paid. No matter if it were $5 for each product, or $500 - if the environment is not set up properly, it won't work. Luckily, that's something we can work through together.

...that's also not mentioning that we cannot be held responsible for the LM code, which you lumped in with the costs. It's understandable in the context of the thread, but I feel that it's worth mentioning. Similarly, given the other context of the thread, I'm curious as to what high school or university you're in, but that issue is really between you and LM.

• Upvote 2

Kyle Rodgers

Not quite sure I understand the point of this post...

Is it just a rant/tantrum? Clearly the OP is not even asking for help, so not really sure what he wants by posting this out here...

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, PepeBiondi said:

Not quite sure I understand the point of this post...

Is it just a rant/tantrum? Clearly the OP is not even asking for help, so not really sure what he wants by posting this out here...

Frustration.  However, I think with more details he will be back to good state.  At the moment, we don't even know the HW/OS what did not work etc.  Something fundamental must have been broken somewhere.  To Glenn, don't give up, we are here to help.  I don't have the Queen 2, but my 777 works fine.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I’m sorry you had to go through all of that but Kyle is right, all that you’ll have been avoided if you had posted here earlier asking for help or submitting a ticket to get the pros on the job. They built the software, you didn’t, so they should be able to get you up and running in a relatively short order!

I notice the OP was not going to ask for help, just had to vent and move on.

Dan Downs KCRP

To the OP...more detail please and let's sort this as a team.

spacer.png

I do apologize for my rant and rave, but frustration and anger can make one do funny things. To the members here willing to help me, I will push on.  Here is how it works;

As I have said before, I don't normally interfere with an app download. I just follow recommendations.  P3D is installed into PROGRAM FILES (might try it in another location C:\P3D v4)

It will run with the default aircraft. But as soon as I download the PMDG 747, everything goes pear-shaped. I will say this though, the 747 HAS worked but........if or after I close the program, P3D will not run again.  All I get is the startup screen and after 30+ seconds of loading it drops off the screen.  Thinking of CTD I try to restart P3D only to have a lable say the program is already running.

In the past I have un-installed both the program and the aircraft and re-installed (also clean the registry) only to have it happen all over again. That is basically what is happening.

If anyone is interested, I can be on Teamspeak (91st Digitalthemepark handle of Muso) and have Teamviewer available to have a look at my setup. As most of you guys are from USA and I'm from Australia, the best times would be afternoon USA/ early mornings AUS.

Some specs:  Intel core i7-4770T CPU @ 2.5GHz

Intel HD Graphics 4600

NVIDIA Geforce 810A

P.S I went to High school over 50 years ago, so be kind to a kranky old "Digger"