Sign in to follow this  
Muso

Had enough

33 minutes ago, Muso said:

Intel HD Graphics 4600

I don't believe P3D V4.x supports Intel HD Graphics 4600 ... looking at the nVidia 810A it only has 1GB VRAM (2GB VRAM is min) with max of 1024 x 768 resolution ... if I were to hazard a guess, you aren't meeting minimum spec especially if you're trying to run the PMDG 747 in P3D V4.

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Cheers, Rob.

It's the Holiday season, I'm sure she'll understand it's time for an upgrade. :)

Cheers, Rob.

Yeah, sorry I don't really wanna be mean, but it doesn't seem like you bothered to check the minimum requirements in terms of hardware to be able to run these softwares properly...  Probably the excitement of "getting it", but considering the amount of money, should have read a bit first.

Not sure what you can do about it at this point if you wouldn't be able to upgrade your computer, and maybe depends on how long ago you purchased it yuo may be able to get a refund from some of it (like P3D itself)

5 hours ago, Muso said:

Some specs:  Intel core i7-4770T CPU @ 2.5GHz

Intel HD Graphics 4600

NVIDIA Geforce 810A

There’s your problem. P3D itself doesn’t support your hardware, as mentioned by others and that’s pretty close to PMDG’s minimum specs as well. Sorry man.

Windows 10 . P3D v4.1. A friend said my video card is struggling hence lousy framerates coupled with PMDG gobbles up memory, but I can work around that.  It's this constant unable to re-start P3d from shutdown without having to un-install both programs and re-install.

Thanks for sticking with me guys.

Be advised,  P3d and the 747 is running in the background as I type this, and I will leave this session running in real time (ex YPPH Perth to VTBD Bankok)  External veiw is between 15-20 FPS.

But.......what will the surprise be tomorrow when I boot up.........this is the question.!

Glenn Hutchinson

If I can't resolve this satisfactorily I will get another computer.  Got pots of dough I here you say.  No, I rent my computer and as I have had this one for just over 2 years I can swap it for a more up to date one.

Glenn Hutchinson

1 hour ago, Muso said:

If I can't resolve this satisfactorily I will get another computer.  Got pots of dough I here you say.  No, I rent my computer and as I have had this one for just over 2 years I can swap it for a more up to date one.

Interesting. I haven't heard of this. Neat idea though, and glad you have the opportunity to upgrade! If you can snag something with the NVIDIA line of graphics cards you should be set. Aim for something in the 10xx series, but if it has a 9xx series, you'll be fine there, too!

Kyle Rodgers

Hello Glen!

Give the, for sure!, coming solution a bit of time.

To give you some comfort, I want to tell you that my high school has already closed down (true story!) and I am kranky even when I am happy!

You have overcome the most difficult part of our hobby, to convince your wife to spend all that money! And if she is as upset as you are at your frustration, then she is fully in your court! Well done!

i have every airplane PMDG has developed. I moved from FSX to P3d (briefly also owned X-Plane for the DC-6) and lately to P3dv4.1.

And all that on a system that is "poorer" than yours (i5, GeForce 780, etc)

So, it is simply a small "watchamacallit computer gremlin" that is giving you grief. As many have said, keep posting all the possible details of your system here, open a ticket with PMDG and, I promise, the problem will be fixed. It will be worthwhile.

Oh! And sign your name in every post. There is a moderator of this forum, who roams the forum hallways at night, with a strap in his hand, and your wrists hurt for a week when he catches you!!

All the best and good luck!

Roberto (in Canada)

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Be sure to install P3D into its own location, for example C:\Prepar3D v4

The installers will see where you have installed the program.

\Robert Hamlich/

Interesting. I haven't heard of this. Neat idea though, and glad you have the opportunity to upgrade! If you can snag something with the NVIDIA line of graphics cards you should be set. Aim for something in the 10xx series, but if it has a 9xx series, you'll be fine there, too!

Yep, there is a white goods company here in Aus where you can rent washing machines, fridges, TVs and of course computers. Hardware issues are repaired free, but software I would have to pay for.

By the way, yesterday I flew the 747 from YPPH to VTBD (about 5 hours in real time) and everything went perfectly. Because I cut back the scenery (who needs it at FL 340) the FPS were around 15, which is very acceptable for my tired eyes.

My apologies to both PMDG and LM for itimating a faulty program,  it DOES work and now it seems there is a third element involved here (looking sideways at MS now). I guess I'll have to wait until next week for MS update to see if that fixes it.

Glenn Hutchinson

And all that on a system that is "poorer" than yours (i5, GeForce 780, etc)

An i5/GeForce 780 based system is considerably more powerful than Glenn's computer.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png