Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

CPU-GPU temperatures

2 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Oh sure, so why does everyone else on this planet see higher temps, even with a custom loop watercooling? And with OC...?

You're on LN2?

lol nope, I can send you an screenshots of my temps and my system tonight if you want.

I have a 6700K OC 4.6 GHz HT is enabled, the secret is to "DELID", I DELIED my CPU and put a decent thermal paste removing the rubbish one delivered by Intel.

Regards,
Simbol

31 minutes ago, simbol said:

+1, and no my PC is not in a refrigerator, it just has a efficient cooling system.

My PC OC at 4.6Hgz under load using PD3 it never goes over 52C, at idle it is 22c - 26c (room temperature), my 980Ti GPU maximum temp under load is 38C.

Regards,

Simbol

I never said "your" PC was in a refigerator, I was quoting someone else.

1 minute ago, sultanofswing said:

I never said "your" PC was in a refigerator, I was quoting someone else.

I was just clarifying since most people find my temps too low to be true, nothing to do with your coments please don't take offence.

S.

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

i monitor my temperatures and using the speed fan application looks like average cpu temp are 60-70 Celsius and GPU average 70-80 Celsius.

is it normal? Are they too high? Any solutions please?

Your questions are valid but require referencing. There is no standardised way of reporting temps so you can really only relate to the maximums that Intel or AMD specify. Because they are not time referenced comments like the one from Izamm are very relevant.

100c for 1ms,100ms or 1000ms are important because at some point in time they trigger throttling of a core or the whole CPU.

Firstly the programs you use for monitoring?

Afterburner and CPU-z are good at providing averages for temps.

Secondly the standard polling time for both is 1000ms. Some other monitoring software e.g. HWinfo64 uses 2000ms by default. Most are adjustable I use 500ms for core temp and I see spikes that are not registered at 2000 or 1000ms.

At 2000ms polling you could get throttling on a core (that might reflect on screen) so my effort has been to absolutely ensure that in no way can my CPU spike to 100/105c. Depending how keen you are to control your temps I suggest you try changing your polling time downward to see if it throws any different numbers and also monitor afterburner/core temp. HWinfo (if you can monitor it on a separate monitor to your sim screen) will tell you which cores are throttling in real time.

I have tried to get answers from Intel's forum about momentary temp spikes <500ms but they don't seem to respond to those questions.They also do not provide info on the reporting rate from the CPU tho I see differences when I change the temp software polling rate. I did overclock higher to 5.1GHz on my CPU for a (very) short time and noticed that I introduce some stutters I believe that were caused by temp spikes busting the 105c and therefore throttling for 500ms even though it got thru Blender ok. I don't have the sophisticated software or equipment to chase it further so I keep my machine cool whilst working the sim as hard as I can visually.

my 2c .

That said your average CPU temps are ok imo. If your GPU is showing an average 80c I would be looking to improve airflow if it was me with another fan (a trial and error exercise) because it would be spiking well above that.

To put that into perspective at 4.9GHz I see spikes of 90 to 93c on 2 cores out of 10 that are gone at the next 500ms poll. My average temps flying both v4 and XP11 average at  49c. Idle is 29c in an ambient of 21c. I have a good water cooled loop.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

35 minutes ago, swiesma said:

My 6700K @ stock speeds (and undervolted) with AiO watercooling reaches 80°C under load. 

Must be a low-end AIO or it's poorly fitted, because that's high. My 5960x (which is 8 cores and very hot), overclocked and running max daily recommended voltage, doesn't even see 70*C under stress load with a 360 AIO. Barely sees 50 under normal gaming load.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos1988 said:

Must be a low-end AIO or it's poorly fitted, because that's high. My 5960x (which is 8 cores and very hot), overclocked and running max daily recommended voltage, doesn't even see 70*C under stress load with a 360 AIO. Barely sees 50 under normal gaming load.

I have an entirely other CPU ;-)

1 minute ago, swiesma said:

I have an entirely other CPU ;-)

Yes, one that's supposed to run cooler, has HALF the cores and is undervolted. Your temps are way, way too high compared to what they should be.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

12 minutes ago, swiesma said:

Delidding is like cheating :-)

Then I can believe it :-)

lol, OC itself can be considering cheating! so if you are going to cheat the CPU speed you must do it properly, If you DELID you can enjoy lower temps which means more OC SPEED and POWER!

Simbol

So, if are fine temps why I have lack of graphics(seconds of p3d4.1 freezes and the FPS drops) and back again to normal(in 1-2 seconds occur)

Geo

5 minutes ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

So, if are fine temps why I have lack of graphics(seconds of p3d4.1 freezes and the FPS drops) and back again to normal(in 1-2 seconds occur)

Geo

It could be due to Thermal Throttling, although the CPU and GPU can take up to 110C before any damage depending of your motherboard BIOS, CPU model and GPU model your hardware might be Throttling back when temps reach above certain temperature levels, for example 80C.

As an example my Samsung EVO 950 SSD .m2 Key is capable to process up to 300,000 IOS, however it will throttle back if the chip-set reaches 80C, so although it is capable of such high speeds on my system is only performing at 170,000 IOS as it gets too hot very quickly under load.

Best Regards,
Simbol

3 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

Yes, one that's supposed to run cooler, has HALF the cores and is undervolted. Your temps are way, way too high compared to what they should be.

Sure, show me another one with a 6700K and lower temps, never seen one until now ;-)

The only ones I see with lower temps are delidded or had beter luck and can go lower with VCore.

3 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

My GPU is a Nvidia 1080ti and ASUS Z170 pro gaming.

is it normal for so high temp?

im thinking of upgrading to a faster cooling system.

Any successions?

What 1080ti do you have?

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Gigabyte GTX 1080ti G1 Gaming

Memory 32GB DDR4 3000

process cooling: Bequiet

power supply 700 watt  12 cm fan

intel core i76700k

You can try to lower your GPU temps using afterburner for example, with a custom fan profile. But dont sweat because of it ;) CPU is perfectly fine.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync