Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

CPU-GPU temperatures

Hi, please I need your opinion according cpu and GPU temperatures.

i monitor my temperatures and using the speed fan application looks like average cpu temp are 60-70 Celsius and GPU average 70-80 Celsius.

is it normal? Are they too high? Any solutions please?

Looking for your advise please

Geo

My liquid cooled CPU never leaves 38C... I've never checked my GPU temp.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

OP, your temperatures are perfectly normal! If you go much over 80 then I would look into more powerful cooling solutions.

7700K, RTX 2070S, 16 GB RAM, WQHD monitor

Those temperatures are in the OK range (depends of how much OC do you have, to compare).

I am having the same temperatures when flying in P3D.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

48 minutes ago, WarpD said:

Is your PC in a refrigerator?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

i monitor my temperatures and using the speed fan application looks like average cpu temp are 60-70 Celsius and GPU average 70-80 Celsius.

Geo

they are fine. Im presuming that is when under load and not when idle ??  what GPU card is it ?

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, sultanofswing said:

Is your PC in a refrigerator?

my old nocutua d14 used to keep the cpu at 30 ish when idle... 

14ppkc-6.png

Just now, tooting said:

my old nocutua d14 used to keep the cpu at 30 ish when idle... 

30ish is completely normal for an Idle temperature.  But 38c under full load I kinda find that rather "Odd".

2 minutes ago, sultanofswing said:

30ish is completely normal for an Idle temperature.  But 38c under full load I kinda find that rather "Odd".

ill agree there Sean.. Im presuming he means under idle.

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Geo

Exactly my system with HT off. Idle around 25-38c (summer and winter 25c or 10c)

HT on and temps is rising to 85-90c on my system with same clock. Think i see CPU throttling at around 92c.(Just for testing)

Best performance is below 75c (CPU) on my system

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Most silicon-based devices are designed for a maximum junction temperature (Tj(max)) in the 100-105 deg.C range, and design rules are such that running continuously at this temperature gives a lifetime that is an acceptable number of years - typically about a decade.  You really cannot speak about the "lifetime" of a chip as it is based on probability and statistics (google "bathtub curve"), but simplistically that's the point where the late-life defect rate starts to rise exponentially.  The actual numbers vary from product to product, the testing regime applied, and the price the customer is prepared to pay.

Given the activation energies of the commonest defects in silicon, a useful rule of thumb is that the lifetime halves for every 5 deg.C rise in temperature.  In another life, I used to run chips in an oven at 125 deg.C with operating conditions tweaked to give a Tj of 150 deg.C, which is usually the highest temperature at which internal timing relationships and leakage currents are guaranteed.  This gives an acceleration factor of about 1000 (2^10) and you typically start seeing the late-life failures in a couple of months.

Basically you shouldn't see any reduction in lifetime if you run at or below 100 deg.C.  There's no harm in taking a safety margin over that, but there's no need to overdo it either.

2 hours ago, WarpD said:

+1, and no my PC is not in a refrigerator, it just has a efficient cooling system.

My PC OC at 4.6Hgz under load using PD3 it never goes over 52C, at idle it is 22c - 26c (room temperature), my 980Ti GPU maximum temp under load is 38C.

Regards,

Simbol

My GPU is a Nvidia 1080ti and ASUS Z170 pro gaming.

is it normal for so high temp?

im thinking of upgrading to a faster cooling system.

Any successions?

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

+1, and no my PC is not in a refrigerator, it just has a efficient cooling system.

My PC OC at 4.6Hgz under load using PD3 it never goes over 52C, at idle it is 22c - 26c (room temperature), my 980Ti GPU maximum temp under load is 38C.

Regards,

Simbol

Oh sure, so why does everyone else on this planet see higher temps, even with a custom loop watercooling? And with OC...?

You're on LN2?

My 6700K @ stock speeds (and undervolted) with AiO watercooling reaches 80°C under load. 

1 minute ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

My GPU is a Nvidia 1080ti and ASUS Z170 pro gaming.

is it normal for so high temp?

im thinking of upgrading to a faster cooling system.

Any successions?

Your temps are completely fine.