Sign in to follow this  
afonso_am77

Keypress assigment

Hi,

how can I assign a keypress to a function through LINDA? For example, if I pressed ctr+shift+A the landing lights on the FSL A320 would turn on. 

Hi Afonso

Welcome to the LINDA forum.

You will find a full range of functions for the FSLabs A320X available in the beta module under the Download section. This requires P3Dv4.1 and FSUIPC 5.121c. This beta models most virtual cockpit buttons and knobs. It does not operate a number of 'flat' buttons like the APU ones.

For your case, under External Lights you will find a number of Landing Light functions starting VC_OVHD_EXTLT_Land / _LL.

Should you want to use Keypresses, on the Joystick page click on the joystick button you wish to use, select Record Keypress and press the key or key combination required (eg. CTRL+SHFT+A). This is not the best use as you have to ensure the Flt Sim window has the focus before you can press the button. The LINDA functions work directly with the simulation (via FSUIPC5). 

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

LINDA Support/Developer - VATSIM and BAVirtual - Airbus Flyer

i7 1TB SSD GTX980 - FSX/P3D - Aerosoft Airbus A318/A319/A320/A321 - FS2Crew

Hi,

I don't think I got my point across. I already used up all my joystick buttons, what I want to have is have it where when I press CTRL+SHFT+A the Landing Lights will come on. I already installed the beta module, I just need to assign keypresses to functions on the aircraft.

Sorry that is a different. LINDA can only implement functions which are available for the aircraft being used. It does not allow users to define there own HotKeys to trigger a function call.

If all your stick buttons are already allocated have you tried the Shifted functions in LINDA. This allows an additional set of buttons to be used with LOCAL or GLOBAL shift and 2 additional sets with SHIFTED ONE and SHIFTED TWO.

For standard default aircraft you could allocate keys within the P3D Controls menu. The problem with the FSLabs A320X is that no SDK is available and no list of available key operations.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Sorry I do not know. I can only tell what LINDA is capable of.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

No.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Ok, I figured how to do it, I'm using a program called UCR. However, it seems as if LINDA isn't doing what it should do when the joystick button is pressed.

I don't think LINDA is not doing what it should. It is working perfectly well. I have never heard of UCR and I do not intend looking into its compatibility with LINDA.

Andrew Gransden

Scotland, UK

Physical buttons weren't working either, but I seem to have fixed the issue!

However, how can I set a button for the fuel pumps? Is this something not yet supported by the model?