Sign in to follow this  
Peter Webber

Quality Head Phones for Flight Simulation.

Good day. Firstly I hope this is posted under the correct forum and secondly I have performed a search on the topic without finding any satisfactory results. I use P3D v4.1 and have recently upgraded to a PC with high end components. I had been using a Logitech Gaming Headset on my old laptop and have since learned that this USB device does not make use of the audio capabilities of my MSI Z270 motherboard. The gaming headset is a device unto itself. I am looking for advice on a good quality headset which I can plug into the audio jack of my motherboard in order to experience the sound capabilities of the board. A microphone is not a necessity. Any advice will be welcome.

Regards,

Peter Webber.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Hi Peter,

I bought these after a pretty extensive search and reading countless reviews - Kingston - five stars in my book after about a year of heavy use... Extremely comfortable for extended use and sounds fantastic... The mike can be simply removed from the unit by unplugging it if not needed (very slick)... This has a built in sound card on the cord - very small - just remember to press the button when powering up... I believe they have other units without the sound card for less money...

The Logitech reviews I read on their products complained about the units being fragile...

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Gaming-Headset-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B00SAYCVTQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1510152917&sr=8-3&keywords=hyperx%2Bheadphones&dpID=514cV6xMKrL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

HyperX_Headset_GM_1_hr.jpg

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Thanks. Will take a look..!

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

32 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

I am looking for advice on a good quality headset which I can plug into the audio jack of my motherboard in order to experience the sound capabilities of the board.

Bose QuietComfort 35 with noise cancellation: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones.html

I also use the Bose A20 Avaiation Headset for real world flying: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/aviation_headsets/a20-aviation-headset.html

The noise cancellation is amazing ... the QuietComfort 35's are actually more comfortable than the A20, but both do an amazing job of sound quality and noise cancellation.  IMHO, noise cancellation is a must for a headset regardless of environment.

Cheers, Rob.

5 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Bose QuietComfort 35 with noise cancellation: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/over_ear_headphones.html

I also use the Bose A20 Avaiation Headset for real world flying: https://www.bose.com/en_us/products/headphones/aviation_headsets/a20-aviation-headset.html

The noise cancellation is amazing ... the QuietComfort 35's are actually more comfortable than the A20, but both do an amazing job of sound quality and noise cancellation.  IMHO, noise cancellation is a must for a headset regardless of environment.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks Rob..will take a look...I've only ever used gaming headsets so any advice is good advice! Regards..

Peter Webber

Why the A20's costs 3X more than the 35's ... it's that "Aviation" markup tag ... adding a Microphone and cable volume/switch control to the A20 doesn't cost $600+ but I guess that's part of the price to fly.  There are several stores that will have the Bose 35's available for demo listening, just make sure you switch NC on when using.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks. The Bose QC35 looks like the best choice..also maybe the Bose QC25..a bit cheaper and older model but probably more or less the same quality...think i'll go for the Bose...thanks..

Peter Webber

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

HyperX_Headset_GM_1_hr.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Have those also, very happy with them. Recommended.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync