Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Groundhandling in P3Dv4

On ‎28‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 9:35 AM, ngc3000 said:

Hello Rob, I use version 6 in P3Dv4.1 and like the Free Control Feature very much.

But there are is a strange behaviour only with the PMDG 777 and QW787. I can´t observe that behaviour with the DA CRJ´s.

Pushback starts with speed up for few feeds like normal but than it begin to stuttering and the pushback procedure takes much time.

Taxispeed Display shows during this pushback between 2-3 and from outside view it seems like there is a process that push the brakes in short period.

Is it possible that the Taxispeed Control influence that kind of pushback?

On the other hand if I activate the "old style" pushback I can´t observe that behavior. 

Is there a possibility to deactivate the Taxispeed Control? 

And as a last question is there a Parameter where I can increase the pushback Speed?

Regards, Wolfgang

Hi Wolfgang,

Pushback and Taxispeed exclude eachother.
Disabling the Taxispeed gauge  won't solve it because it doesn't do anything (other then displaying the actual groundspeed) when the Button isn't lit (so if you haven;t clicked it) ..

But to make sure, just disable the Taxispeed gauge in the panel.cfg.
It won;t help though, I'm sure ....

As to something applying "brakes": Taxispeed doesn't give brake commands anymore. (unlike previous version),

Now, since you have this "stuttering" problem with only these two aircraft, and not others, I suspect their code may use a simular trick as I use: overwriting calculated speed via SImConnect.
Not sure, and not sure why, but if so:
That WILL interfere with the Pushback "free control" gauge.... Nothing I can do to solve that; sorry.

As to increasing the Pushback speed in "free control": there is no parameter, it;s a hard-code value in the gauge.

Regards, Rob

Well,

I've tried to add the standard version pushback, by editing my FSLabs A320 panel.cfg and adding the entries as described in the docs, but since it's number is way above #9, I have to use the "Views" menu, "Panel", but I do not find any entry there for it ?

I must have done something wrong ? Any suggestions ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

What 2D Window number are you using in "Window**" ?? As far as I'm aware, the max. is 19/20 or so in FSX, but maybe higher in P3Dv4.

Also check if you added the Window** under the Window Titles section, and that ** is unique in the panel.cfg.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I added this successfully to the PMDG 747 in P3D v4 with no problems.  However when I install it to the FSL 320 I have a problem.

The parking brakes are never recognized as set.  In fact the brake pressure gauge in the groundhandling windows shows the brake pressure oscilating near the region 90% and never 100%.

I have it set as Window50.  I will try using a lower number to see what happens however.

6 hours ago, Panman said:

Hi Rob,

I added this successfully to the PMDG 747 in P3D v4 with no problems.  However when I install it to the FSL 320 I have a problem.

The parking brakes are never recognized as set.  In fact the brake pressure gauge in the groundhandling windows shows the brake pressure oscilating near the region 90% and never 100%.

I have it set as Window50.  I will try using a lower number to see what happens however.

I don't know the FSL 320, but what most probably happens then is that the FSL320 doesn't allow the Pbrakes to be set freely.
Which would explain the "oscillation" you see: my gauge sets the Pbrakes and code in the FSL320 resets it again. Repetitively.

Nothing I can do about that, sorry.

Rob

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:12 AM, fcolozano said:

Where can I have it Groundhandling package for P3Dv4

See my reply to your same question in the P3D forum on flightsim.com 

Cheers, Rob

Hello All,

i installed Groundhandling as stated in the readme. Modified the panel.cfg on PMDG 737 and FSLabs A320 bu i'am not able to bring it up because there is no entry in the "Views" Menu or wherever.

Any Idea? Could it be because it's an 2D Gauge and i'am only using VC? Or because of Chase Plane?

I'am using P3Dv4.

Greetings Michael

fslabs_banner.png

If it's installed correctly, you'll find it under "Vehicle/Instrument Panel". It will be listed exactly as you put it in the "Window=" entry.

I use it in the VC, and I also use Chaseplane. No problems whatsoever, although I don't have the FSLabs A320, and I haven't tried it with the PMDG 737. I'll do that, and give an update, but it works great with everything else I put it in.

-Update: Just tried it with the PMDG 737. Used Window 22, and it is listed OK in the above mentioned menu. Works fine with the aircraft, but you need the hydraulics powered up before you can use the turn feature, which isn't the case with some of the less sophisticated aircraft I have used it on.

Hope this helps!

Russ

Edited by b1bmsgt

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

The gauge won't run because I already have the 2017 C++ redistributables installed, and my PC won't allow me to install the necessary 2015 version because they're older than what I have installed! Anybody got any suggestions?

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, microlight said:

The gauge won't run because I already have the 2017 C++ redistributables installed, and my PC won't allow me to install the necessary 2015 version because they're older than what I have installed! Anybody got any suggestions?

Not really.
I'm not sure how you conclude that the Redistributables version is the problem (there may be other problems), but besides that:

Each version of Microsoft VisualStudio has it's own, independant set of C++ libraries; meaning that if you have the libraries for VS-2017 allready installed, you SHOULD still be able install the C++ libraries for VS-2015 without any problem.
I suspect that something in the Windows Registry tells your Windows install that these 2015 libraries are allready installed; so it may be corrupted (either the Registry or the Libraries themselves).
Sorry I can't help further, since I'm no Windows expert.

Rob

Hi Rob

It's possible to reduce engine use when taxi control is on? it's very strange when taxing at 15 kts and engines hold on 40-50%

Thanks

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:15 PM, JumperKamper said:

Hi Rob

It's possible to reduce engine use when taxi control is on? it's very strange when taxing at 15 kts and engines hold on 40-50%

Thanks

Hi ……,

Not sure what you mean by "hold on 40-50%" (% of what ??), and if you think it's too high or too low for the aircraft you are using this addon with.

Please remember, this is an addon designed to work for any type of aircraft, with the goal to hold a set groundspeed; so not tweaked for a specific aircraft type.
Hence, it's not accurate wrt. to throttle commanding (now between 10 and 30 %) to reach/hold the set groundspeed.

As a sidenote, I DO realise that IRL the amount of throttle/thrust to accellerate to the intended groundspeed is different then to hold that speed (depending on the turns you make during taxiing), but that would be very aircraft-specific, and that gets way beyond what I intended when I created this addon.

So it's a simplification you have to live with if you want to use this addon.
Sorry ….

Regards, Rob

Hi Rob, I have just installed ver6, ( have used your Groundhandling gauge before) into Prepar3D 4.4. I had an issue with the airplane would not move both in pushback and taxing, After a process of reinstall of the gauge and MS redistributable's I located the issue was EZdoc and by clicking on the ' taxi speed fix' solved the problem.

On pushback I use the CH Pedals and it works fine but on stopping if I use the toe brakes to stop the pushback it tip's the airplane, was it intended just to stop the push back by clicking  'Pushback' on the 2d pop-up.

Regards bob and thank you for your continued support of the Groundhandling package.