Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Groundhandling in P3Dv4

Most probably you have enabled the new FreeControl version of the Pushback gauge in your panel.cfg.

Which makes the Turndirection/angle and pb distance presets irrelevant, because you control pushback with rudder, and stop at any time.
So these fields are blanked.

Rob

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 11:55 AM, onebob said:

On pushback I use the CH Pedals and it works fine but on stopping if I use the toe brakes to stop the pushback it tip's the airplane, was it intended just to stop the push back by clicking  'Pushback' on the 2d pop-up.

That depends on the aircraft you use it in.
Some aircraft (due to incorrect modelling IMHO) have the tendancy to flip over when brakes are applied when the aircraft is rolling backward.
In such cases: Yes, use clicking PB Off to stop, instead of using brakes.

Rob

Hi all,

Sorry first for my english, but i don't arrive to made this program to work. I try it on PMDG 738, i have P3D 4.5 and i have try to do the install with follow the read me text but something gone wrong for me....

Can someone join here a copy of his panel config?

Here is my panel config?

Thanks for help.

Marc

[fltsim]
alias=PMDG 737-800NGX\panel

window00=GroundhandlingV6

[Window00]
size_mm=204,65
visible=0
window_size= 0.20,0.09
window_pos= 0.0,0.05
background_color=16,16,16
type=SPECIAL
gauge00=RCB_Groundhandling6!PushbackDisplay, 2,2,74,61
//gauge01=RCB_Groundhandling6!PushbackStatesStandard, 0,0                       //Using embedded FSX/P3D Pushback feature
gauge01=RCB_Groundhandling6!PushbackStatesFreeControl, 0,0                    //Using Pushback alternative
gauge02=RCB_Groundhandling6!Taxispeed, 79,2,64,61
//gauge03=RCB_Groundhandling6/AVM32!Maryadi_lv2av, 0, 0                         //For FSX and P3Dv2,3
gauge03=RCB_Groundhandling6/AVM64!Maryadi_lv2av, 0, 0                         //For P3Dv4 
gauge04=RCB_Groundhandling6!Brakes, 146,2,56,61
//gauge05=RCB_Groundhandling6/XMLSound32!Sound, 0,0,0,0, ./Gauges/RCB_Groundhandling6/XMLSound.ini  //For FSX and P3Dv2,3            
gauge05=RCB_Groundhandling6/XMLSound64!Sound, 0,0,0,0, ./Gauges/RCB_Groundhandling6/XMLSound.ini   //For P3Dv4             
gauge06=RCB_Groundhandling6!NoseWheelRadius, 0,0                         //Establishes the NoseWheelRadius of the aircraft

Edited by pimax

Hello everyone
after a lot of research, I realized that I was trying to install in PMDG with Winglet, so in the wrong place.
I reorganized everything on PMDG without the winglet and everything works.
Sorry for the useless post that you can delete.
Marc

12 hours ago, pimax said:

Hello everyone
after a lot of research, I realized that I was trying to install in PMDG with Winglet, so in the wrong place.
I reorganized everything on PMDG without the winglet and everything works.
Sorry for the useless post that you can delete.
Marc

Nothing is useless Marc.  Your posts may help someone with the same problem in the future - no matter how mundane the problem is.

Also good to see Rob Barendregt and the gauge around!  You and your gauge have helped many a simmer for many years.

• Upvote 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I use this on the PMDG 737 and just upgraded to P3D 4.5 HF.

It still works, but there is no more sound ????

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

On ‎7‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, willy647 said:

I use this on the PMDG 737 and just upgraded to P3D 4.5 HF.

It still works, but there is no more sound ????

Hi Willy, just reinstalled it into Prepar3D 4.5 HF1, 'GroudhandlingV6' sound working ok, that's with W10 (1903 ).

had a bit of a problem at first, that's with EZdoc v3, forgot to apply the 'taxing speed fix'

regards bob

• Like 1

Thx Bob. I have 1903 too. Going to reinstall from scratch and hope it will work again ....

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

On 1/28/2018 at 9:35 AM, ngc3000 said:

Pushback starts with speed up for few feeds like normal but than it begin to stuttering and the pushback procedure takes much time.

I installed GHV6 into the PMDG747 today and I came across the exact same behaviour like you did in the PMDG777 and QW787.

Free control pushback is working fine the first couple meters but after this, the pushback stutters and is very slow in general.

In the PMDG 737NGX, the Free Control Feature of the Ground Handling Tool is working perfectly but since the 747 is newer, they might have included something to prevent customers to use freeware GH tools.

Has anyone of you guys got this tool to work in the PMDG747?

@Panman, you wrote that you added it successfully to the 747.

Is there anything different installing it to the 747 than installing it to the 737?

@rcbarend thank you very much for your excellent tool!

I was so annoyed by the bad built-in pushback tool of the PMDG 737.

I knew your tool from back in the FS9(?) times, I searched if there was yours available for P3D V4 too and it was indeed.

It's working like a charm with the 737 NGX and I am so thankful of your valuable work, it's really fun to use it!

Edited by asdfgh

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:13 PM, asdfgh said:

@rcbarend thank you very much for your excellent tool!

I was so annoyed by the bad built-in pushback tool of the PMDG 737.

I knew your tool from back in the FS9(?) times, I searched if there was yours available for P3D V4 too and it was indeed.

It's working like a charm with the 737 NGX and I am so thankful of your valuable work, it's really fun to use it!

You're welcome; glad to hear you like it.

Still puzzled why the freestyle Pushback doesn't work for some high-end aircraft addons.
I can only assume that these aircraft have something built-in that prevents them from rolling backward under certain conditions, using the same SimConnect function (speedforcing) as I do in my gauge.
And obviously, these implementation codes conflict then.

But if someone can do the following tests, maybe that makes it more clear:

1. When trying this Freestyle Pusback in this 747, is there any visible indication of Brakesforce in my Brakes gauge in GHv6 ?

2. Does it make a difference if all engines are off or running ?

3. If you position the 747 (by e.g. using SLEW) on a slope in the scenery (like 10 degrees or so), does it start to roll backward when the Brakes are off ??

Rob

• Like 1

I did some tests, as I think contributing my spare time for a freeware tool great as yours is well spent time.

1.)  There's no indication of brake force in your gauge, when using the rudder controlled p/b.

It accelerates normally until reaching 3kt, then pushback begins to stutter and keeps pushing back with a speed of 3kt.

If I want to stop p/b in the 737, I just hit the parking brake for once, then the pushback stops and the conversation continues as in the readme file.

If I stop the pushback in the 747 by hitting parking brake, the brake force light of your gauge flashes for half a second, then the airplane almost comes to a stop, still shaking but the pushback sequence in the gauge doesn't stop. It still waits for the parking brake to be set. The parking brake is not displayed as set in the pedestal and no brake force is visible in the gauge. The stop of the aircraft seems to just come from pushback-speed being equal to the forward speed of the PMDG function (?) which makes the plane roll forward, if something is pushing the aircraft back. That explains, why the aircraft doesn't come to a full stop when applying parking brake during the p/b sequence.

When I push back the 747 and abort the pushback by clicking on PUSHBACK in the gauge, the 3kt backward speed immediately changes to a 3kt forward speed and the aircraft is rolling out until reaching 0kt.

2.) I tried pushing back both with four enginges running and no engines running, doesn't make any difference however.

3.) I placed my Jumbo to Lukla's sloped runway with parking brakes off and yes, believe me, it did roll backwards 😭😭

So, PMDG does not detect the aircraft rolling backwards, but it detects a gauge pushing the aircraft back.

6 hours ago, asdfgh said:

When I push back the 747 and abort the pushback by clicking on PUSHBACK in the gauge, the 3kt backward speed immediately changes to a 3kt forward speed and the aircraft is rolling out until reaching 0kt.

So, PMDG does not detect the aircraft rolling backwards, but it detects a gauge pushing the aircraft back.

Your conclusion is correct, I think.
Especially proven by your finding that if you abort my Pushback function via a mouseclick on the gauge, the backward speed immediately goes from -3 to +3 knots, and then slowly stops.

It means that PMDG uses the same speed-force SimConnect function as I do (there is no other way of doing it) , to prevent the aircraft to roll back when their code "concludes" the aircraft should not be moving.
This also explains the shaking during Pushback: two independant pieces of code are now trying to force the speed, and that obviously conflicts.

Meaning, I can't make it work for this aircraft addon.

Thanks anyway for doing the test and describing it so clearly; at least it solves this mistery why my generic "free" pushback doesn't work properly here …

Rob

• Like 1

Hi there....

I have installed the GH v6 gauge, which is great. However, when trying to pushback smaller prop aircraft from the stand like Dash 8's, Atr 72, etc, the aircraft tips up. I know you said the taxi speed and GH are separate, but I noticed that if the taxi speed is reduced to 02, after the initial tip up, it does settle back, whereas when the gauge is 15 default, the nose goes up and the aircraft goes back at a fair rate of knots at 45 deg !!!! Ctrl+. is essential to stop the aircraft after as you said in an earlier post.

Is there any way to stop these prop aircraft from tipping up.

Many thanks.

Sorry, but I dont understand what you exactly mean.

Is this tipping up problem with Pushback (and which version) or with Taxispeed .?

And is it when the aircraft starts to move, or when you stop pushback or taxispeed ?

A known problem with some light aircraft is, that if it moves backward and you apply brakes, it tips up (or even tips over completely) .

That just means that the balance of the aircraft (contact points) arent correct.

Rob

Hi Rob...

Thanks for the swift reply. The tipping up problem is with pushback. You follow the ground instructions but as soon as you release the parking brake for pushback, the aircraft nose rises to 45 degree, the aircraft then moves backwards and then sometimes drops back down, sometimes not.

I am using Groundhandling V6.

Regards