Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Aquila A211G

Nice little plane and decent avionics cool!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Thanks, Ryan! I was wondering if there are real world Aquila pilots on this forum. It seems that this is not the case lol

• Upvote 2

What is that little bush strip in your shots?  Looks great!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Glass cockpit and Rotax powered trainer and aero club....great looking shots!

HLJAMES

The desire to fly and the ability to fly is inherent in every person. Many, due to various life circumstances, usually do not know about it.

• Upvote 1

Gennadiy

Hi,

I fly the real Aquila regulary (no G500 equipment though). So, if you have any questions, feel free to ask ;-)

Regards

Martin

Cool, so you fly the 210? How is the climb rate and the cruise speed? Is she easy to handle?

Hi,

The climbrate is really poor unfortunately and for me that is the only real downturn on the Aquila. Cruise speed is fine, considering that ther is only a 100bHP engine working in the front. At 75% you cruise at around 110kts true airspeed. The comfort for longer journeys is unbeatable. You sit on proper seats (compared to the french garden chairs you find in a Robin DR400 for example) which are adjustable and have a nice headrest, the cabin is noticable wider than on other aircraft of this category. In addition you have a real nice boot for your bags when you do longer trips. The range with nearly 6 hours is amazing.

She is in general easy to handle. The only thing I find is that, compared to the DA20 for example, you have a bit worse visibility to the front. Thats why I find it a bit harder in the A210 to do a super "grease" landing. In the stall she is also a bit more "aggresive" then the DA20 (eventhough far from really aggresive). Due to the quite short wing when you really stall it, the wing tilts noticable more then the DA20 does. But even when you release the controls in the stall, she dives a bit and recovers more or less without any further input. So the handling is pretty forgiving, I would say.

Oh, and in the flare she flooooaaaaaats :-) So don't come in hot and high.

So over all the Aquila has far more pros then cons and is a reliable little aeroplane with amazing comfort :-)

At the moment Rotax is testing their new 135BHP engine on an Aquila. With that engine, it would be the perfect two seater.

Me and the Aquila over Venice :-)

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for your insights! So the X-Plane version seems to come pretty close. Beautiful pic over Venice!