Sign in to follow this  
MPL

Problem with 3.4

I have following problem after updating fixer into V3.4.

When i try to install libraries i get an error stating: Error copying real file d3dx10_34.dll (0) System Error was 123

Previous install with V3.3 worked just fine. Also FSX won't start anymore after this problem.

Mikael Leinonen

As you problem had nothing to do with the thread from someone who didn’t have the fixer I have split it into its own thread.

Can you describe what steps you did exactly after the download?

Error 123 is an error which means the path is invalid which rather suggests that the path to your fsx  system  is incorrect or that it cannot find the windows system library.

after the install did the controller tell you the libraries were out of date and was the button labelled update?

is this 32bit or 64 bit and what os?

• Upvote 1

I have been thinking more about this. 

I don't think that your  fsx path can be wrong as you would get another error before that one.

My best theory at the moment is that you thought that you needed to uninstall the fixer 3.3 before installing 3.4 (which you don't)  and by mistake uninstalled  DirectX instead.

Other possibilities include changing the OS from 32 bit to 64 bit or resetting the OS in some way - but both of these would have caused fsx to stop working some time ago.

In all cases the solution is to download and reinstall DirectX I think.  I.e assuming the fsx path is correct the error is basically saying that the directx 32bit libraries are not there.

• Upvote 1

Hi!

I did installation the same way as i have been updating in the past from fixer v2.x, i disabled comodo internet security(virus, auto-containment etc) , i did run application as administrator. Then there was notification that Visual C++ 2010 is being installed, it was followed by notice that i already have newer version of C++ 2010 installed. I launched fixer and it showed that libraries aren't installed, after that i tried to install libraries and then the error did show. OS is Win10 Home 64bit. 

Mikael Leinonen

Can you check in the directory C:\windows\SYSWOW64 (which confusing holds the 32 bit libraries in a  64 bit OS!) and see if you can see files with names like d3dx10_34.dll

I could find Dxdiag and it shows DirectX12 is current version. Also did check SYSWOW64-folder and there are d3dx10_34.dll and many more of those also

Mikael Leinonen

Yeah it would for Windows 10.

This is very puzzling.

Ok so the installer should be running as administrator and it should ask windows for the 32 bit windows system dir, which should be syswow64 and it should be copying that file to your fsx directory and renaming it.  

What is your fsx directory set to in the controller?

and error 123 means invalid path not file does not exist... or permissions etc etc

Fsx directory on the fixer controller is set to D:\Flight Simulator X

Mikael Leinonen

FSX is installed in that directory. Maybe there is something screwed within my FSX installation or something. Since i have P3DV3 and 4 also installed so it won't be a big problem for me not having FSX working :D

Mikael Leinonen

All I can think of is to build a debug version that prints out the path it is trying to copy from and to.

Does your fsx system run in dx9?

My FSX has been running DX-10 for years but i can try to change it to DX9 and see if it works.

EDIT: It wont start even when setting DX9 in the cfg so this is something else now.. I'll try to repair the installation to see if it helps

Mikael Leinonen

ok from the FSX directory (nowhere else) delete

d3dx10_34.dll

dx10SharedLib.dll

dx10fixerlib.dll

then see if fsx runs in dx10 mode.

• Upvote 1