Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

Help with Controls Please

Hi,

I recently purchased the Q400 and am having trouble getting the controls to work in P3DV4.  In particular the throttle quadrant levers.  I have assigned throttle 1+2 to my TM warthog and have assigned the 1+2 condition levers to my Saitek TQ and flaps to the third axis of the Saitek TQ.   They don't appear to get the full range (i.e. I can get to max power or reverse thrust and I cant get to full flaps or zero flaps).  Ultimately I would like to set up the 125 KHz controls (not sure if the throttle levers can be set up to this as well?)

The configuration I would like to have would be to have

TM Stick - Aerilon + Elevator

TM Throttle - Throttle 1+2 and tiller (mini stick)

Saitek TQ - Condition 1+2 and flaps

Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals - Rudder + Brakes

Any help or insight is appreciated.  I tried to go on Majestics forum but you need an invitation and I'm not sure how I get that.

Kind Regards,

Brett

Use FSUIPC, send to calibration and then use majestic's Control Panel to set the values for desired positions. Use button tab in FSUIPC to set reverse with your cutoff detents.

Thanks.  I was able to figure out some of the initial calibration issues (for the flaps and conditioner levers....P3D had changed the sensitivity).  Reverse still just goes to zero and not reverse.  Unfortunately, I don't use FSUIPC.  Is there a way to do it within the control panel?

For your throttle, try going into the MJC84 Control Panel, click "engine controls", move you throttles all the way down and note the number displayed in the "position" box.  Compare your throttle position number with that number (in my case their initial setting was  -4096, my throttle noted "2").  I put that number in the reverse box.  Do the same for the disc, idle, detent and max,(overwrite the numbers with what matches on your throttle) then hit apply.  You need to have the sim loaded with the Dash 8.  Reload the aircraft and test your throttle range to be sure it matches.

3cbxAmG.png

If you already did that, my apologies.

Edited by BuddyDog
add image

Stephen Forsgren