Please see This Link for a written Guide to Uninstall Prepar3D v4 

For a Video Tutorial please see This Link 

----------------------

Installing Prepar3D v4 

Please see This Link for a written Guide to Download and Install Prepar3D v4 

For a Video Tutorial please see This Link

Message added by Poppet

Hello all

Got to be honest, I feel a little intimated posting a question.  I read various post from people about other topics and sometimes I feel like I am trying to read Latin.  The knowledge people have on this site is amazing.   I am not computer or for that matter prepar3d savvy by any means.  I know enough to get me into trouble lol.  But I have learned a lot so far and continuing to do so.  With that said, I hope my question isn't to goofy.  I am still running p3d 4.0 with windows 10 and I am having some issues with it.  I basically want to start over with a clean slate, uninstall then reinstall p3d.  I have read the topic posted on this site about uninstalling/deactivating p3d v4 and seems pretty straight forward.  When I reinstall, I assume that p3d will install to v4.1?  Also for addons that I have (orbx, vectors, asp4, various airplanes), are these automatically uninstalled when p3d v4 is, or do I uninstall them individually before uninstalling p3d and reinstall them after?  I have so many more questions but initially I don't want to roll your eyes to much. Any knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul! 

When you mention 'clean slate' are you talking of a complete format of windows 10 or just a reinstall of P3d? 

Uninstalling P3D itself will deactivate your key meaning you can free it up for when you install it again. You're going to want to download the full 4.1 version from Lockheed Martin. The thread from Poppet that you're referring to is a great guide. Just follow it step by step and you'll be fine. Before that, I'd recommend Uninstalling all your addons first. That way, you're not going to end up with any files left behind. 

I, personally, completed a full windows format and installation recently. It may be overkill, but its the cleanest slate you can hope for! :) 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Download the 4.1 complete installer

Uninstall your addons BUT do not delete any  addon folder manually ( you will reinstall addons to the same folders if necessary)

Uninstall P3D v4 - you do NOT need to deactivate it if you're doing a reinstall

Follow Poppet's guide to reinstall 4.1 - you should not have to activate again.

Reinstall your addons where necessary.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Uninstall P3D v4 - you do NOT need to deactivate it if you're doing a reinstall

Vic, just to be clear, uninstalling P3D will automatically deactivate your key. After you reinstall, you'll have to activate again on the first run.

Neil Andrews.

3 hours ago, Ebs said:

Vic, just to be clear, uninstalling P3D will automatically deactivate your key. After you reinstall, you'll have to activate again on the first run

Not in version 4. You are asked if you want to maintain the license, if you answer no, you are deactivated. If you answer yes, you just reinstall and run with no further activation.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hello Paul 

I am still running p3d 4.0 with windows 10 and I am having some issues with it

Depending on what Issue you are having with Prepar3D,  by simply removing your 3 generated folders this can actually solve most problems, this will remove all previous configurations back to default again and will also temporarily disconnect your Add on's from Prepar3D.  Your set up will now be at a close default state giving you the option to launch Prepar3D and test to see if this quick step has resolved your problems.  This process is a lot quicker then uninstalling \ reinstalling Prepar3D

Delete generated files 

You can automatically remove these folders by navigating to your Core Prepar3D v4 folder, scroll down a bit and double left click on the file Delete generated files a small box will appear and then disappear again. This will automatically remove the 3 generated Prepar3D v4 folders folders in AppData, ProgramData and Local.  These folders will generate again when Prepar3D is launched. 

Then launch Prepar3D and test to see if this step has resolved your Issue.  For the Add On's you have currently Installed please see the Information at the bottom of Option 1 

Not in version 4. You are asked if you want to maintain the license, if you answer no, you are deactivated. If you answer yes, you just reinstall and run with no further activation.

Just to confirm......

You will only be prompted the Option to Deactivate the License when you Uninstall the Client you will not get this option you you do a full uninstall with the Prepar3D v4 Professional \ Academic through the Control panel  "programs and features"

I basically want to start over with a clean slate, uninstall then reinstall p3d

Hello Paul

If you have tried the above method and are still having problems, You have a couple of Options......

You can successfully complete a full uninstall of Prepar3D by uninstalling each of the components, Client, Content and Scenery and then removing the 3 generated folders by manually removing them Or using the Delete generate files command  in the core Prepar3D folder.

Option 1:

If you wanted to uninstall using the above method and keep your current Add On's you would follow the steps below (In this order)

1)  Navigate to your Core Prepar3D v4 folder, scroll down a bit double left click on the file  Delete generate files this will automatically remove the 3 generated Prepar3D v4 folders folders in AppData, ProgramData and Local

2)  Then Uninstall each of the components Client, Content and Scenery through the control panel  "Programs and features"  Then Restart your computer.  Note: You will be prompted the Option to Deactivate the License when uninstall the Client click No 

3)  As Vic said Do not delete any folders inside your core Prepar3D v4 folder after the uninstall process has completed,  You will need these files for your FTX Orbx scenery and other Add Ons to work again. 

4)  Download the complete Prepar3D v4.1 file and Install by running the components Individually  Client first and then Content and Scenery last.  Note: Insure you point the Client to your Same folder as previous  

5)  Launch Prepar3D and Click Help > About Lockheed Martin, Here you can confirm you have the most recent version of Prepar3D v4

Note:   As you did not delete the Prepar3D v4 Add On's folder in your Documents location you will still have the Add On's using the Add-On.xml file method.  When you launch Prepar3D you will be prompted the Option to  "Enable"  these Add on's, just click Yes

For the  Add On's you have Installed 

After you Launch Prepar3D and confirm your version number Close down Prepar3D 

FTX Orbx scenery:    By simply launching the FTX Central control panel and waiting 15 \ 20 seconds this action alone will reconfigure your Orbx Scenery again.  Note: if you have Orbx Globa base or FTX trees you will need to reinstall these again.  For more on this with Trouble shooting Included Click here

Active Sky 2016:  Just launch the Active Sky control panel this will check and confirm this Add On

Aircraft:  These will need to be taken on a case by case basis

For all your Add On's, again you will need to take these on a case by case basis 

Option 2: 

Completely Uninstalling and reinstalling Prepar3D v4 but keeping your Add On's

1)  First Run the Delete generate files command in your Core Prepar3D v4 folder

2)  Uninstall Prepar3D v4 but do not delete any folders in your Core Prepar3D v4 folder after the uninstall process has completed

3)  Download and Install Prepar3D v4.1 Into the Same folder as previous,  Click here for some hints and tips

4)  Launch Prepar3D and Click Help > About Lockheed Martin, Here you can check confirm you have the most recent version of Prepar3D v4

5)  Follow the above Information regarding the Add On's you have Installed 

Option 3

Completely Uninstalling Prepar3D v4 and all your Add On's 

Note: This Option is really only a last resort and in most cases is completely unnecessary 

1)  Run the Delete generated files command  

2)  Uninstall Prepar3D v4 and restart your computer 

3)  Delete all the folders inside your core Prepar3D v4 after the Uninstall process. 

Note: there is no need to Uninstall your Add On's,  You can just run the Installers again for your Aircraft and other non Orbx scenery 

4)   Manually Delete the Prepar3D  v4 files folder at the location here  >  Documents \ Prepar3D v4 Files

5)  Install Prepar3D v4 again  

------------------------------------

Additional Information:   

Regarding the Prepar3D v4 Add On's folder:  There is No need to delete the Prepar3D v4 Add On's folder in the Documents location as this will have the Add On's you are running using the Add-on.xml file method.  You can Click and Drag these Add On folder out of this location,  This will disconnect these Add On's from Prepar3D.  By doing this you will now have a complete disconnect of all your Add On's from Prepar3D.

You could do this to eliminate any Issues  "you think"  you may have with these Add On's using the Add-on.xml file method,  When you are happy you can just click and drag them back in again 

------

*  As I said there is no need to uninstall your Add On's, simply run the Installers again.    Any Add On with a Control Panel like Active Sky or Chase Plane or EZdok or even Rex Texture just launch the Add On Control Panel and this will configure these Add On's

------

*  By following Option 1 and 2 Insure you Install Prepar3D back into the same folder again

------

*  Regarding Option 3,  If you are having trouble deleting any of the folders after the Uninstall process (permissions Issue) Restart your computer and then delete the folders

------

*  If you are experiencing Issues either Downloading, Installing or Activating Prepar3D  Click here 

*  If you have successfully Installed Prepar3D, New Install Or reinstall BUT it will not launch Click Here and go through the Troubleshooting steps 

• Upvote 1

Apologies from my side! I even double checked a sticky in the forum but it looks like it's leading to old information. 

Neil Andrews.

Just wanted to thank you guys for all the info.  Poppet your post was not only extremely informative, it made my venture easy. 

Thanks to all of you!

Paul

• Upvote 1

Yes, the post by Poppet should be a sticky post on every P3D related forum.  We're all so accustomed to FSX and the dreadful ctd's and problems that lead to complete uninstalls of addons and simulator base files.  We're at a place now where we can repair issues instead of having to start all over again.