Sign in to follow this  
Julean

Are your P3D v4.0-1 working? Mine has been down for weeks because of .NET CTD

We are some who are fighting to get the P3D up flying again. 

Some has uninstalled everything, even Windows for trying to get it to work.. But no - its not working...

In my limited computer understanding, something is wrong between Windows and P3d.

The subjedt on Prepar3D forum https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127165&p=170409#p170409

But how are your game?  

No .NET Framework problems?

Or has anyone heard of the solution to this?

All the best 

Jens

Lognavn:       Application
Kilde:         .NET Runtime
Dato:          09-11-2017 18:37:00
Hændelses-id:  1026
Opgavekategori:Ingen
Niveau:        Fejl
Nøgleord:      Klassisk
Bruger:        I/T
Computer:      Julean-Pc
Beskrivelse:
Program: Prepar3D.exe
Framework-version: v4.0.30319

Beskrivelse: Denne proces blev afsluttet pga. en ubehandlet undtagelse.  = Translated : This process was terminated due to an untreated exception.

Undtagelsesoplysninger: undtagelseskoden c06d007e, undtagelsesadressen 000007FEFD30A06D

Hændelses-Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-11-09T17:37:00.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>45078</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Julean-Pc</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Program: Prepar3D.exe
Framework-version: v4.0.30319
Beskrivelse: Denne proces blev afsluttet pga. en ubehandlet undtagelse.
Undtagelsesoplysninger: undtagelseskoden c06d007e, undtagelsesadressen 000007FEFD30A06D
</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Lognavn:       Application
Kilde:         Application Error
Dato:          09-11-2017 18:37:02
Hændelses-id:  1000
Opgavekategori:(100)
Niveau:        Fejl
Nøgleord:      Klassisk
Bruger:        I/T
Computer:      Julean-Pc
Beskrivelse:
Navn på program med fejl: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, tidsstempel: 0x59d67e95
Navn på modul med fejl: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.23915, tidsstempel: 0x59b94f2a
Undtagelseskode: 0xc06d007e
Forskydning med fejl 0x000000000001a06d

Proces-id 0x13dc
Programmets starttidspunkt 0x01d3597fa5fffca0
Programsti: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Modulsti: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
Rapport-id: 97db5730-c574-11e7-9ff5-f832e4866aa9
Hændelses-Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-11-09T17:37:02.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>45079</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Julean-Pc</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>4.1.7.22841</Data>
    <Data>59d67e95</Data>
    <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>6.1.7601.23915</Data>
    <Data>59b94f2a</Data>
    <Data>c06d007e</Data>
    <Data>000000000001a06d</Data>
    <Data>13dc</Data>
    <Data>01d3597fa5fffca0</Data>
    <Data>E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe</Data>
    <Data>C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
    <Data>97db5730-c574-11e7-9ff5-f832e4866aa9</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Jens Michlas
Frederiksberg, Copenhagen
Denmark

read the avsim configuration guide and CTD guide, they are just great. 

Also(just a guess), maybe you need some of this https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/windows

I also recomend you installing this http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

You'll find all this things and links in avsim guides

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lodestar said:

read the avsim configuration guide and CTD guide, they are just great. 

Also(just a guess), maybe you need some of this https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/windows

I also recomend you installing this http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/visual_c_runtime_installer.html

You'll find all this things and links in avsim guides

Iodestar..

Thank you.

That made me updating  with all C Runtime og and repair .Net Runtime. ..

But  still .NET CTD.. 

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

1 hour ago, Julean said:

But  still .NET CTD.. 

I'm going to have to remove this "fix" as it only fixed a dotnet problem I was having a couple of years ago and the fix was provided by a computer expert (PaulJ who use to be active here).  It might have fixed someone else's problem but the technology and updates of the dotnets makes the fix less unlikely.  When you have a dotnet error, it is most likely caused by an incompatible module for P3DV4.1.

Look in the dll.xml located in the same folder as your scenery.cfg (it's the default location).  Disable CMeteoXmlx64 module by changing the Disable line from False to True.  This fixed my problem when I got the dotnet error and then the kernelbase error.

If this does not fix your problem (it will if you have the module loaded; it comes with Carenado aircraft), then look in the CTD Guide and following the instructions for fixing most CTD's and Freezes in P3DV4.1.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

16 hours ago, Julean said:

Iodestar..

Thank you.

But  still .NET CTD.. 

Jens

I've just read your error log carefully, and it says "Framework-version: v4.0.30319"

On LM website, under system requirements for current version of P3Dv4 it says you need Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.2 installed. So, it could be this? :happy:

Here is a link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53344

also, check this usefull tool https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/astebner/2008/10/13/net-framework-setup-verification-tool-users-guide/

Hi Zeljko,

Nice to see you back.  Love your expertise!  All of my P3DV4.1 crash reports show v4.0.30319 but I do have dotnet 4.6.2 installed.  I think an addon is using 4.0.30319 as they are mostly not backward compatible.  I have a super stable computer now that I unloaded the Carenado CMetroXML module when starting P3DV4.1.  It's funny that is causing an issue (at least for me) as it worked well in P3DV4.  Something was changed in V4.1 that causes CMetroXML to cause crashes.  This dll was infamous in FSX and P3DV3 installations for causing crashes and everyone had to remove it from the dll.xml.  Thought Carenando had fixed it with P3DV4.0 but it's not working again.  I have no idea what the module does for Carenado but understand from the FSX days it is not needed.  All of my Carenado aircraft run without an issue.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

27 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

I think an addon is using 4.0.30319 as they are mostly not backward compatible

Yes, that should be the explanation. I don't know about this - not using carenado planes.

BTW, i'm here every day, but i didn't have time to post so often,very bussy in the last time

2 minutes ago, lodestar said:

BTW, i'm here every day, but i didn't have time to post so often,very bussy in the last time

Hmmmm, lots of golf huh? :biggrin:

Submit News to AVSIM

Keep in mind that the .NET framework version and the Common Language Runtime versions are different:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Language_Runtime

The newest version of the CLR is 4.0, so your error report makes sense.

Cheers!

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Thank you very much for the answers, all of you.

On 9/11/2017 at 10:49 PM, Jim Young said:

I'm going to have to remove this "fix" as it only fixed a dotnet problem I was having a couple of years ago and the fix was provided by a computer expert (PaulJ who use to be active here).  It might have fixed someone else's problem but the technology and updates of the dotnets makes the fix less unlikely.  When you have a dotnet error, it is most likely caused by an incompatible module for P3DV4.1.

Look in the dll.xml located in the same folder as your scenery.cfg (it's the default location).  Disable CMeteoXmlx64 module by changing the Disable line from False to True.  This fixed my problem when I got the dotnet error and then the kernelbase error.

If this does not fix your problem (it will if you have the module loaded; it comes with Carenado aircraft), then look in the CTD Guide and following the instructions for fixing most CTD's and Freezes in P3DV4.1.

Best regards,

Jim

But now my problem is that my dll.xml file i very little in content!

Xyfx6YF.jpg

Some wonder if this on purpose that the file is so little or even not to be found...?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125649

18 hours ago, Luke said:

Keep in mind that the .NET framework version and the Common Language Runtime versions are different:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Language_Runtime

The newest version of the CLR is 4.0, so your error report makes sense.

Cheers!

I don't know how to deal with this? Luke what does this mean?

I have tried to search for CMeteoXmlx64, but the search engines didn't find it. 

Than for for the help

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

3 hours ago, Julean said:

I have tried to search for CMeteoXmlx64, but the search engines didn't find it. 

I was the one who referred to CMeteoXmLx64.  It belongs to Carenado aircraft.  If you do not have any Carenado aircraft, then it is not installed.  If it is installed, it will be in the same directory as where your Prepar3D.exe is located (the main folder). 

3 hours ago, Julean said:

But now my problem is that my dll.xml file i very little in content!

The dll.xml you are showing is the one in the same folder as your scenery.cfg.  This is the new P3D default location.  Back when P3D was first released, the default location was in the same folder as where your P3D.cfg is located (another hidden folder).  Many developers still use this as the default location.  Looking at the directory you provided I see several addons installed that installed a module in the dll.xml and made a backup copy.  For instance for the CRJ 700-900X.  I do not see the entry in the dll.xml you posted so you have a major mess you will have to sort out.  The entries could be in the dll.xml located in same folder as your p3d.cfg but then the backups would be there and not in the folder where your scenery.cfg is located.

There are also entries in the exe.xml but I have never seen any of those entries causing a crash.

If you have the fsuipc.dll utility installed make sure it is the version fsuipc5.  It is the only one compatible with P3DV4 and payware.  When it is installed, the entry is placed in the dll.xml located in the same folder as your p3d.cfg.

Submit News to AVSIM

On 11/11/2017 at 3:29 PM, Jim Young said:

I was the one who referred to CMeteoXmLx64.  It belongs to Carenado aircraft.  If you do not have any Carenado aircraft, then it is not installed.  If it is installed, it will be in the same directory as where your Prepar3D.exe is located (the main folder). 

The dll.xml you are showing is the one in the same folder as your scenery.cfg.  This is the new P3D default location.  Back when P3D was first released, the default location was in the same folder as where your P3D.cfg is located (another hidden folder).  Many developers still use this as the default location.  Looking at the directory you provided I see several addons installed that installed a module in the dll.xml and made a backup copy.  For instance for the CRJ 700-900X.  I do not see the entry in the dll.xml you posted so you have a major mess you will have to sort out.  The entries could be in the dll.xml located in same folder as your p3d.cfg but then the backups would be there and not in the folder where your scenery.cfg is located.

There are also entries in the exe.xml but I have never seen any of those entries causing a crash.

If you have the fsuipc.dll utility installed make sure it is the version fsuipc5.  It is the only one compatible with P3DV4 and payware.  When it is installed, the entry is placed in the dll.xml located in the same folder as your p3d.cfg.

Jim Young you said: 

The entries could be in the dll.xml located in same folder as your p3d.cfg but then the backups would be there and not in the folder where your scenery.cfg is located.

Is there a instruction in how I can do LM's job in sorting this out.. 

Why don't LM create cleanup and maintenance programs? That evaluate programs installed into the sim.

And have a blog of the current issues? I mean there are people on the .NET Runtime there has been dragged into deep uninstall and reinstall procedures and to no result and no support.

There seem to be a problem with windows this time.

Time will show. 

Here my Two DLL.xml  

GVpkV7N.jpg

Axzsf65.jpg

Thank you.

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark

You have problems with your dll.xml's.  The one in your Roaming folder or where the p3d.cfg is located, has three PMDG entries.  They do not belong there as PMDG only uses the default folder (in the same folder as your scenery.cfg).  Only fsuipc 5.dll and as_connect for ASP4 are being installed in the Roaming folder by the developer.  Everything else is being loaded in the new default location.  I have no idea why you have PMDG Options, PMDG Events, and PMDG Sounds entries in the Roaming dll.xml.  Those are from back in the old days.  They might be causing major conflicts when loading.  All dll.xml entries are loaded when you first startup P3D to the Setup screen.

Again, aren't you missing several other entries in the dll.xml Malorca X Evolution says they have an entry as they made a backup of your dll.xml before they added the entry.  Same goes with the CRJ and the other many dll.xml backups you have in your directory.  Supposedly, if you uninstall one of those products, they will replace your dll.xml with the one they backed up.  But there can be major, major problems with that scenario.  I also delete the backups so that won't happen.

If you want those entries for those products in the dll.xml, you will have to reinstall each addon remembering that P3DV4.1 is now using add-on.xml's instead of the scenery.cfg.  Your products should still work in the scenery.cfg but I have had issues in the past if I have an add-on.xml for a scenery and the entry is also in the scenery.cfg.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

And just to add to what Jim said, do not make the mistake of thinking that the dll.xml in both locations are copies of each other, they should not contain the exact entries.

• Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

Thank you. 

I have the registered version of fsuipc5. 

Why didn't p3d do its job of filling up the dll.xml and only write sporadic?

Should I delete the dll's, are they necessary in p3d v4? Especially when p3d can't seem to write the dll's.

Jim Young, I understood that reinstall of scenery would rewrite dll.xml.

Soo should I reinstall all scenery and aircraft for the dll writing?

I really wonder what all this i about. 

Gentlemen if could get you to look at this thread and see how hopeless the .NET errors is to fellow simmers.

They have done everything.  

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=127165&p=170409#p170409

There is something wrong with windows here, win 7 64 bit and P3d. 

Do you suppot this impression?  

Or too early to say?

Thank you again. 

Jens

Jens Michlas
Denmark