Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

RXP GTN in the Panthera

Not yet.
I will post two configurations (GTN 750 + GTN 650 and GTN 750 only) including the modified panthera_cockpit.obj on the x-plane.org forum (Aerobask thread) and here in the appropriate thread.
Aerobask has kindly granted authorisation to share the modified file.

I'll also post a big warning sign as they're not directly supporting that mod and we should not bother them asking for anything related. ;)

Thanks Bourrinopathe for you work, I'm going to test it.

Cheers.

Edit: I'm having a problem, the clicks on the Skyview don't work. For example, can't change altitude there or altimeter.

I also noticed that when I popup the GTN and it stays over the Skyview when I click on the GTN the clicks have effect on the Skyview also, changing the map for example. They should effect only the GTN. That doesn't happen when it's the Aerobask GTN over the Skyview. Probably that's the cause for the Skyview clicks stopping working.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

@RXP: please move those last two posts in the Panthera GTN thread to avoid cluttering that thread. Thanks

@Alvega Please report any issue in that thread instead. Thanks.

Thanks for the report. I'll check with the GTN 750 only version.
The panthera_cockpit.obj modification should not affect the SkyView.

-----

I can't notice any issue on my side. I'm uploading a video so you can see what I have and what I'm doing.
Let me know if it's different on your installation.

I also can't get the clicks registered by the SkyView if the RXP GTN popup is in front of the SkyView. The scrollwheel also only affects the RXP GTN.

I really can't reproduce your issue. I've been clicking everywhere for a few minutes.
Could you describe a few steps with a specific issue so I can try to reproduce it please? (with one or two screenshots if possible)

-----

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Bourrinopathe said:

Thanks for the report. I'll check with the GTN 750 only version.
The panthera_cockpit.obj modification should not affect the SkyView.

I reloaded the plane and the clicks in Skyview are working now but I'm not placing the GTN over the Skyview.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Bourrinopathe, in the video you don't have the RXP GTN in front of the Skyview. The problem here happened when I moved the RXP GTN to stay in front of the left Skyview. But it looks like after reloading the plane it stopped doing that. I can't reproduce it now. Gonna keep testing.

Thanks. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Alvega

Good to know everything seems fine now. ;)
And yes I uploaded that video before trying with the pop-up window over the SkyView, but I did test that too, without suffering from any issue.

Enjoy your flights ;)

Hi Bourrinopathe and thank you for sharing this video, it is superb!

One thing I was wondering though in most videos I see with our GTN: I can't help noticing how loud is the button 'click' sound.

So that you know:

With the Reality GTN, the System Page | Audio is functional and let's you adjust the 'click' sound volume.

So is the System Page | Backlight as well regarding the display backlight.

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks for the configuration details Jean-Luc. It must be loud because I didn't change the sound level in the Panthera yet. I only changed it in the C172 which I'm currently flying when I can find some time.
And being able to change the display backlight level is something I was craving for with the Kodiak from Thranda and the big G1000 screens. Flying in low light conditions with two bright spots in your face is not the most immersive experience ;)

10 minutes ago, Bourrinopathe said:

It must be loud because I didn't change the sound level in the Panthera yet.

No this is not the Panthera sound, it is the GTN click sound, which is adjustable in-device with the Reality XP GTN simulation (try the aforementioned page to see!)

As for the brightness, you have tons of options:

1) fixed screen brightness in percent in the settings panel.

2) adjustable screen brightness connected to standard X-Plane Rheostats datarefs (click the square to the left of the percent slider to reveal the rheostat index selector)

3) adjustable screen brightness offset (+- either (1) or (2) value above) directly in-device (aforementioned page)

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

7 minutes ago, RXP said:

No this is not the Panthera sound, it is the GTN click sound, which is adjustable in-device with the Reality XP GTN simulation (try the aforementioned page to see!)

Yes, that's what I meant ;) (the click sound volume of the GTN in the Panthera using the GTN system settings options).
It's also great that we can set the sound volume for the Ryan TCAD.
Again: great options.

• Upvote 1

@ryanbatcund just replied to your PM on the xplane forum. I'm GAFan over there. Forgot my account details and had to make another one. Nice work getting the eclipse working!

@Bourrinopathe nice job with editing the Obj file. Would have appreciated a credit to 'ebs/gafan' in the sticky topic but no harm done! 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Hi Ebs,

Sorry if I missed something. I'm afraid I don't understand the ebs/gafan mention. Could you please elaborate? I'll update accordingly if necessary.

Thanks!

@Bourrinopathe hi, I'm GAFan over on the XP forums. I bough the Pathera and the GTN750 at the same time and messed about with getting the GTN in the 3D cockpit of the Panthera. Just to see if it could be done. After a few hours of tweaking I managed to get the coords as close as possible and posted my findings in that thread. https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/118729-panthera-realityxp-gtn750/&do=findComment&comment=1273079 I was under the impression that you came along a few days later and built upon that and managed to get the obj edited too so when you made the stickied thread with the mod (which is awesome by the way) I was a bit disappointed that you didn't credit me!

Entirely possible that we were both tweaking things in parallel though. Like I said, no harm done.

Although, I do have to say that the *correct* coords are frame.rect = 1024,2048,600,708 based on what Yoyoz said.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

Thanks for the explanation. It's less confusing now.
It just happens that I took the same route and set the coordinates on my own - nothing complicated about that as it's the initial procedure from the manual.
I progressively adjusted them to my liking, so that's why they might be slightly different.

If I had used your version I would have credited you of course. No worries ;)