Sign in to follow this  
chote

how to add flight plans to the GTN 750

hello, as they are added, the plans of direct flights from the GTN is that more or less is in catalogs and there it adds them but I do not know why I do not appear anything better I am missing a step and I do not know is can you help me

thanks greetings

Hi Chote, I'm not sure to understand what the problem exactly is. Do you mean you can't 'import' flight plans stored in .gfp files on your drive, into the GTN catalog?

• Upvote 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Once you have entered your flight plan, select "Menu" -> "Store" - this will store your flight plan in the catalog for future use. As an alternative, if you go to the catalog directly, you can enter a plan directly into your catalog. Touch "Flight Plan" -> "Menu" -> "Catalog" -> "Create New Catalog Route".

• Upvote 2

David Porrett

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi Chote, I'm not sure to understand what the problem exactly is. Do you mean you can't 'import' flight plans stored in .gfp files on your drive, into the GTN catalog?

if you apologize, do not explain very well, excuse me, to that same I mean to import the plane of flight .gfp

1 hour ago, DavidP said:

Once you have entered your flight plan, select "Menu" -> "Store" - this will store your flight plan in the catalog for future use. As an alternative, if you go to the catalog directly, you can enter a plan directly into your catalog. Touch "Flight Plan" -> "Menu" -> "Catalog" -> "Create New Catalog Route".

Thanks DavidP, for your answer do not explain me well I did not refer to that but how to import it to the GTN from the GFP file

I've got a similar report from another customer, so just to be sure here are the basics:

Maybe a problem with the folder and user 'read' access rights (Windows user account access rights).

Have you tried putting the one in the sample pack, KSLE_KSLE.gfp to see if this one appears? 

How do you open the 'import' function? It should be something like: Flight Plan / Menu / Catalog / Menu / Import

Otherwise just to review your configuration, the typical folder is:

"C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN\"

In there you may copy the sample pack files: "KSLE_KSLE.gfp" and "user.wpt"

If flight plans are not showing up, can you at least try the user waypoints?

HOME PAGE | Waypoint Info | IMPORT WAYPOINTS

Once the import message success shows up:

HOME PAGE | Waypoint Info | User Waypoints | View List

• Upvote 1

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

16 minutes ago, RXP said:

I've got a similar report from another customer, so just to be sure here are the basics:

Maybe a problem with the folder and user 'read' access rights (Windows user account access rights).

Otherwise just to review your configuration, the typical folder is:

"C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN\"

In there you may copy the sample pack files: "KSLE_KSLE.gfp" and "user.wpt"

If flight plans are not showing up, can you at least try the user waypoints?

HOME PAGE | Waypoint Info | IMPORT WAYPOINTS

Once the import message success shows up:

HOME PAGE | Waypoint Info | User Waypoints | View List

It already works for me, thanks to your very kind quick response you already work for me

One more thing to update all the GTN database I saw a thread but I was not left not understood very well I could simplify it a little bit please as the database is updated I refer to the airac ... etc

For now, the GTN Trainer 6.41 is the latest and has the most up to date database shipping with a GTN trainer.

What are you looking for more specifically?

8 minutes ago, RXP said:

For now, the GTN Trainer 6.41 is the latest and has the most up to date database shipping with a GTN trainer.

What are you looking for more specifically?

the airac and all the databases you need to have the navigation part updated

I don't have the option to create a route for catalog. Menu catalog opens directly to output fms flightplans for me. So it doesn't work with GTN750.