Sign in to follow this  
Tesch Macher

request 'direct to', 'dsc to altitude' etc w/o using voice?

i was wondering if it was possible to use pre-selected grammar ATC (TTS) phrases without the need of using your own speech/voice/mic to request the following:

-i have often faced problems due to over estimated final crz altitude i have set during preflight;  so the ATC is keeping word not allowed-hammering at me to expedite climb to FL380 as filed crz altitude, but the physical performance of my aircraft was unable to get past FL350;

since it seems Pilot2ATC does not feature 'unable' response,  - and apparently cannot react with adequate ATC guidance;

in that case, i wanted to request ATC to descent to a new altitude (FL340) and went clicking  'Request>RquestedAltitude>': <CallSign> request descent to <Altitude>   ; after selecting this phrase, it has displayed as "You can say: <CallSign> request descent to <Altitude>

without offering any option to make it speak as the TTS voice system

i have tried to type/tamper some text in there to make the ai ATC reconsider and allow me to keep flying my crz altitude at FL340 (instead of FL380 as filed), but it never worked, it seems you can't edit out the pre-formulated atc phrases by changing its variables, such as <altitude> and/or <ICAO> wpts;

same applies for DIRECT TO <ICAO> i would love to simply type/insert the leg/wpt in between <  > so the TTS voice will talk instead of me and request DIRECT TO as i click on 'say it' button instead of me having to use my own voice with the mic.

im not using any microphone or speech recognition stuff, and would like to keep using Pilot2ATC to make it say atc requests using TTS voices from my system instead of my own voice,  by simply selecting appropriate phrases that are displayed in the grammar menu,  please implement this feature.

saying that, because so far what i could see in P2A Configuration>Speech tab>Speech Output device, you can set there you audio device/channel as output to hear the TTS voice; 

i have another question: WHERE do you set the INPUT audio interface/channel for the MIC ?  :blink:   it is something i really didn't get and couldn't set up at all..  the only what i could have set in the PTA Configuration>Speech>Speech Output Device>(..) - as general audio output device ;

but how P2ATC does know which audio interface/device of my system is being used as INPUT audio device to which my mic is connected???  i haven't found such a setting neither option;  -  is it 'automatic' and attached by default to the audio device you have selected as 'output' device?

what in case you have several audio devices on your pc , and not just the one that is built in on your motherboard ?   if it is the case, then that is something not right for such an application of this advanced level,

please implement an option that allows us to choose what audio device is being used as INPUT audio device for the MIC.!  

so far, as i was flying with Pilot2ATC for more than two weeks, it seems it is doing very well from A to B 'normal flights' (except when the airport you are approaching has mountains etc)

but as further as i progress and do something unusual, i see some limitations, as soon as i seem to get out of something ordinary, such features as 'unable' and the whole range of 'emergency' procedures are simply not there..  

You should be able to make the requests you mention using SayIt+ (?+ button)

SayItba8d4.png

The input device must be the Windows Default Sound Input Device.  You can change that in the Windows Control Panel. 

The addition of things like emergencies and responses to "Unable" are on the list of future enhancements, but are not there yet.

Thanks,

Dave

• Upvote 1