Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

Flight plans in catalog

Hi,

I removed a flight plan gfp file from the C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data\GTN\FPLN folder and placed another one in it's place but when i go to import on the GTN it still shows the plan i deleted and the new one doesn't show. Why is that?

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Maybe it is not the correct location? Please make sure to review the User's Manual for the new path when using GTN Trainer 6.41

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Lol, my bad. I knew about the new location but placed it in the old by mistake.

How do I uninstall that old 6.21? Do I just delete the C:\ProgramData\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data and the D:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\GTN Trainer folders?

Or do I uninstall the "Garmin GTN Trainer" in Windows control panel? I have a "Garmin GTN Trainer" and a "Garmin Aviation Trainers" in control panel. Guess this second one is the 6.41.

I guess I don't need the old one anymore.

Thanks.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Using uninstall is recommended and I guess the former is 6.21 indeed.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

8 minutes ago, RXP said:

Using uninstall is recommended and I guess the former is 6.21 indeed.

I used the control panel uninstaller and now I get an error when starting X-Plane saying it couldn't find the Windows registry entry for the GTN...

Alvega

Ok, I fixed it using system restore to undo the uninstall and then just deleted the folders to get those 5GB back.

Alvega

Thank you for this notice. Further looking into this there might be a registry entry shared between trainers 6.41 and 6.21 and I suppose uninstalling 6.21 removed this registry used by 6.41. Re-installing 6.41 should restore genuine entries though.

20 minutes ago, RXP said:

Thank you for this notice. Further looking into this there might be a registry entry shared between trainers 6.41 and 6.21 and I suppose uninstalling 6.21 removed this registry used by 6.41. Re-installing 6.41 should restore genuine entries though.

Yeah, i thought about that but didn't want to waste another activation. Don't want the Flight1 guys to think I'm sharing my purchases, lol.

Alvega

That would have been a GTN trainer 6.41 reinstall only in this case though!

Just now, RXP said:

That would have been a GTN trainer 6.41 reinstall only in this case though!

I know, but I think that when i press reinstall I have to activate again.

Alvega