Sign in to follow this  
Cfoley

OVERLAND - INCHEON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT RKSI

I purchased the Overland Incheon International airport from Simmarket, but the airport does not load into FSX. During the process, it does not ask for the serial key either.  I click the link and it goes through the installation process, but never asks for the registration key, and then it finishes. The airport is not downloaded into my airport file.  I tried contacting Overland months ago, but no reply.  They also don't allow any negative reviews of their product either.   Pretty lousy set up they got. 

Cfoley

Cray Foley

The installer is probably looking in your registry for the location of FS2004 and giving up when it cannot find it.

Hi,

I have that airport which loaded without a problem.

Either try a fresh download from Simmarket - Log On to Simmarket .once in,look for your purchase history.select Incheon Airport and re-download.If that fails to work contact Simmarket who will assist.

I tried several times re-downloading from my SimMarket purchase, at least 6 times since I purchased it.  I contacted Overland, but never received reply from them.

Cray Foley

Add it manually? 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

SimMarket is the seller of FSX products, they do not trouble shoot.  I have sent emails to Overland, but get no reply. 

Cray Foley

On 11/11/2017 at 11:14 AM, Cfoley said:

Manually?  I don't know how to do that.

To install it manually, load FSX, click World->Scenery Library.  In the dialog, click Add Area, navigate to the directory that has the scenery.  It should have a /scenery and /texture directory....do not navigate into those directoriesjust click OK and your scenery will be added.  When you click OK on the main dialog, your scenery will reload and your airport should be there.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Strange,Simmarket helped me a few months ago when another product purchased from them played up!That was before the Aerosoft take over! 

On 11/23/2017 at 8:57 AM, Cfoley said:

SimMarket is the seller of FSX products, they do not trouble shoot.  I have sent emails to Overland, but get no reply. 

Not true

Although Simmarket does NOT provide tech support for any product offered by many software companies,  it is responsibility of Simmarket to enforce and make sure that all software companies provide proper tech support service to Simmarket's customers.

If Overland is not responding to your tech support questions, then you need to contact Simmarket to let them know that Overland is ignoring your call for help and Simmarket will force Overland to help you.

And did you manage to install the RKSI scenery?  How is it?

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg

On 2/9/2018 at 4:49 PM, Aharon said:

If Overland is not responding to your tech support questions, then you need to contact Simmarket to let them know that Overland is ignoring your call for help and Simmarket will force Overland to help you.

Nonsense. Simmarket is a retailer - not an enforcer. With regard to the OP... what link do you click and expect the product to install? When you buy from Simmarket or virtually (sorry) any other online retailer, you click a link to download a file, then you unzip (usually - there are a few that are executables)  that file and extract an installer and run it. If you aren't going through that process, it is no wonder that the product isn't installing.

DJ

Cray,

Simmarket takes the manufacturer's product and puts it inside of their "wrapper" software. The wrapper contains the encrypted software that you bought. Once you download the SW, the wrapper decrypts it and installs the software. Since you cannot get the scenery installed, contact Simmarket so they can see if you are experiencing a wrapper issue. If you are, they should be able to fix it. If not, then Overland would be your next stop. 

Two questions:

#1 - did you disable your antivirus software while downloading and installing your new scenery? 

#2 - did you run the installation "As Administrator"? 

One of those may be your issue.  

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, ubersu said:

Nonsense. Simmarket is a retailer - not an enforcer.

You are incorrect.  Simmarket is RESPONSIBLE for making sure that all software companies are providing tech support service to all Simmarket customers.

Even Simmarket agrees with me on that!!  When I could not reach via many emails a software company to complain about three FSX default buildings superimposed on payware airport scenery, I complained to Simmarket about lack of reply from the software company while reminding Simmarket that it was their responsibility to be sure all shoppers were getting proper tech support service from software companies selling their products on Simmarket.  Simmarket agreed with me and they called software company to complain therefore forcing them to answer my emails and giving me a file to remove three FSX default buildings from their payware scenery. 

Regards,

Aharon

signCopy.jpg