Sign in to follow this  
Juergen

NO LAND 3 EICAS Message

Hi,

As soon as I load any B747 QoSII I have a EICAS message: "NO LAND 3". I can cancel the message but it will reappear with Recall. The A/C still performs a AutoLand 3 if required. Ho can I eliminate this EICAS displayed message?

Also another question: How can I receive an audible signal of the selected ILS frequency - what do I need to set on the radio stack?

Thanks for help

Brgds

Juergen Mader

Hello Juergen:

yesterday I flew the 747 (P3Dv4.1) after a few weeks of playing with the DC-6,  and I encountered the same problem.

however, I had two immediate messages in the EICAS. One was the "NO LAND 3" you experienced, and the other one was "FMC MESSAGE" when there was no notification in the FMC.

the warning yellow light was on and  I wasn't able to cancel them either at any stage of the flight.

i will wait for suggestions on what might be happening.

Because it is quite a few weeks, I am not sure if there was an update since I last opened this airplane.

regards,

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

What panel states were you guys using.

51 minutes ago, r_stopnicki said:

Because it is quite a few weeks, I am not sure if there was an update since I last opened this airplane.

All you have to do is run the Operations Center. It would tell you if there was. But I just checked, and there isn't one.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

9 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

I had two immediate messages in the EICAS. One was the "NO LAND 3" you experienced, and the other one was "FMC MESSAGE" when there was no notification in the FMC.

Possibly a panel state issue. Are you loading directly into the default panel state (all up and running)? 

Hello Kevin and Matt:

Thank you for your responses.

I did what every computer savvy person does. I turned everything off (simulator and the computer), counted to 120 and turned everything on again.

This time, there were no messages in the EICAS, however, the CAUTION yellow warning annunciator on the glareshield, remains lit, and pressing it will not turn it off.

RECALL does not bring anything up, all overhead lights are off, no yellow/amber lights lit, anywhere where I can possibly see.

From the "left seat" perspective, it looks ready and happy to go flying.

Interestingly enough, I have now noticed that this only happens in one livery of the 747 that I have. It is the one I fly regularly, so this is truly a cunundrum, as it never showed up until two days ago.

I have re-started the comnputer/simulator and selected two other 747's, and this issue did not appear.

Matt, I usually just select and load the 747 and then, immediately, select the "SHORT 744" (ready to start) option in the STATE LOAD.

I'll keep reporting on any progress as I try to discover what is the issue.

Many regards,

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Thank you Kevin, again.

I just noticed the "Caution Lights won't extinguish" post, a few above, that seems to be the same issue.

From that post's response by Chris Markis, it appears that PMDG is aware of this issue, and I therefore I know that in time, we will have a solution.

Thank you for following up and setting me straight.

Regards,

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Hello -

I can't speak to the NO LAND 3 issue, although I've experienced it myself at times.

As to your second question:

Also another question: How can I receive an audible signal of the selected ILS frequency - what do I need to set on the radio stack?

You do this by setting switching APP on the audio panel ON (see attached screenshot). A small light next to it will come on to indicate it's active.  The selector next to it must be set to the appropriate receiver (typically L). I hope that helps!

Marcel Durieux

747 radio panel.JPG

Are all of the functions of this audio panel modelled in the sim?

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Are all of the functions of this audio panel modelled in the sim?

As many as can be. HF, obviously, doesn't work (no HF modeled in the sim), and so on.

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

As many as can be. HF, obviously, doesn't work (no HF modeled in the sim), and so on.

Interesting. . That's one aspect I have yet to master or use a lot beyond vhf radio use.

spacer.png

Hello all Queen of the Skies Captains!

I was going to start a new topic but found this one reflects my problem also.

Starting from a short turnaround after engine start I  can not extinguish the Caution light. I have tried this several times and also, occasionally get the NoLand3 and man doors warning? Looking through the FCOM I can't find a reference to this.

It's early days yet, I only purchased the sim yesterday. I will try a variety of models/liveries and saved states.

I was thinking perhaps I had overloaded the buses after I started the APU before turning off the GPU?

Best regards.

1 hour ago, charlie130 said:

I was thinking perhaps I had overloaded the buses after I started the APU before turning off the GPU?

Unlikely.  Most likely a corrupted panel state.  There seems to be a lot of that going around.

Dan Downs KCRP