Sign in to follow this  

update to latest mce and using the crj i miss the flows&checklist is that correct

in advance thanks

wil

2 hours ago, wildeboer said:

update to latest mce and using the crj i miss the flows&checklist is that correct

in advance thanks

wil

Hello Will.

Not quite sure if your asking whether the CRJ flows and checklists are included with the new MCE version? It is my understanding that they are included. The MCE team amended the flows and checklists slightly, so the "native" MCE first officers could speak all the CRJ commands. After you run the new MCE installer, you need to run the wizzard afterwards, this ensures that the new flows are copied into your co-pilots folder.

If you want to use my flows and sounds (jiber jabber from the flight attendants) you can download my CRJ pack from Avsim Library. In some of my "movies" I use tts voices from Cerproc. These tend to relate verbiage in a different way. It's personal choice here. But with MCE we can have the choice to use whatever voice packs we want.:biggrin: 

Regards.

what i asking for is , i cannot find the paper tutorials for the crj in start/all programs/multi crew experience/paper tutorials

regards

wil

49 minutes ago, wildeboer said:

what i asking for is , i cannot find the paper tutorials for the crj in start/all programs/multi crew experience/paper tutorials

regards

wil

Sometimes we don't bother with paper tutorials.

With so many aircraft supported, it would be like shipping a whole library.

There are already dozens of documents that very few people bother reading.

Since ours is a fully interactive crew simulation, and not a "scripted adventure" where you need the manual to tell you where to start, what to say and what to expect Fo to do, you just need to be aware of the following.

With each supported aircraft, go to <Command> tab of the user interface and click <Voxscript>.

Youi should see a list of trigger sentences for various flows. Speak any of those and the flow will start.

You can inspect the flow to see what Fo will be doing, and eventually amend it to suit your airlines SOPs.

If having trouble memorising trigger sentences, rename the specific flow, and the new name becomes the new trigger sentence.

You can even build flows from scratch. A flow is nothing more than a sequence of English speech commands you would give the FO in a specific order and pace. Think of it as a speech simulator.

And of course, can always ask FO to set something via a direct speech command.

You can have a look at David's videos, as they are "how to" kind of videos rather than promotional ones. Much better than reading manuals.

Depends upon how you want to fly this aircraft. Hans and Aerosoft gave us as much detail as anyone could need. I would say jump in the left seat and fly! Gradually asking more of the first officer with each flight. As your knowledge of the ship grows, you can use the first officer more and more....The first officer in this simulation knows every switch in the flight deck. If you know every switch then the MCE first officer is your best friend. If you don't know the switches, you won't know what to ask for. :huh: The great thing about MCE is if you ask for something that's not simulated, the FO will actually tell you that he/she can't find it!

The more you know about the aircraft the more you and your first officer will "gel".  But the first step is for you, the Captain, to know the aircraft. From my experience it takes many hours and many flights to get yourself properly "typed" in this simulated aircraft. Depending upon how deep you want to go. We don't have an instructor, and so it's a case of manuals open with simulator open and fly. The two tutorial flights Aerosoft provide, are good. I covered the first one, from KLAX in my first video in the CRJ series.  

Aerosoft provide a full suite of manuals with this aircraft, a must read. Especially  the FMC Manual. It's as good, or better than the FMC in the NGX....if you look at the detail. Manuals from MCE would be akin to reproducing the aircraft manuals.:blink:

The interesting thing about a detailed, fully supported aircraft is that firstly we really must know how to fly this aircraft then, interestingly you can appreciate how much the first officer can actually do for you!

In my last video, I tried to show a bit more of the systems, whilst having fun with MCE.:cool:

Best regards.

Per Ardua ad Astra......as we say!