Sign in to follow this  
Jockos

Kai Tak (Old Hong Kong) VHHX Navigraph Airac 1712

Folks

For those interested in procedures for Kai Tak, the latest Airac from Navigraph (1712) contain those procedures.

Thanks go to Martin Stewart who worked very hard to produce this body of work in ARINC format for Richard Stephan of Navigraph to publish.

Well done men.

The real beauty of this is that VHHX procedures have been produced in many developer's format by Navigraph so many more Flight Simmers can enjoy the challenges of the old Kai Tak.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Jock McIntyre

Pinned for a couple of weeks.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I have the 1712r.1 version but no Kai-Tak airport in FMC,thanks in advance.

Thank you for your response.I have the flytampa Kai Tak airport from Aerosoft.My OS  FSX has this airport but not the Navigraph 1712 in his content,therefore,i cant navigate directly to VHHX in my FMC (PMDG 777,747.737).Thanks again.

4 hours ago, CPT747 said:

Thank you for your response.I have the flytampa Kai Tak airport from Aerosoft.My OS  FSX has this airport but not the Navigraph 1712 in his content,therefore,i cant navigate directly to VHHX in my FMC (PMDG 777,747.737).Thanks again.

Hi CPT747,

As far as I know, only Navigraph has begun including Kai Tak (VHHX) in its FMC data, beginning with Airac 1712.  There is no such thing as Navigraph data for FSX. The Airac must be installed for each individual addon maker -- there is one Navdata installation for all PMDG aircraft in FSX.  If you load any of your PMDG aircraft, 777, 747, 737 NGX, you should see the Airac number and dates on the FMC opening/Ident page.  If you then select the Routes page and choose VHHX as your departure or arrival airport, you should see the appropriate runways (13 and 31) and arrivals or departures on the Departure or Arrival page.  It works for me!

You don't actually need any Kai Tak scenery to see the Kai Tak data on your FMC, although of course the navdata won't be of much use without some scenery!

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Thank you for your informative response Mike777.Indeed i cant see destination or arrivals or runways on my FMC updated to 1712 Airac from Navigraph,VHHX only is not existing as destination on my FMC ,any other airports do appear on my FMC,AIRAC 1712r.1 is correct. Thanks again and appreciated.

Edited by CPT747

2 hours ago, CPT747 said:

Thank you for your informative response Mike777.Indeed i cant see destination or arrivals or runways on my FMC updated to 1712 Airac from Navigraph,VHHX only is not existing as destination on my FMC ,any other airports do appear on my FMC,AIRAC 1712r.1 is correct. Thanks again and appreciated.

Since you have several PMDG aircraft installed:

Are you sure you have airac 1712 installed for PMDG?  Look in the folder

...\FSX\PMDG\NAVDATA

Open the file "cycle_info.txt" with Notepad and see what airac number and what dates are showing.

Also look in the folder

... \FSX\PMDG\SIDSTARS

and see if there is a file called vhhx.txt.  If there is, open it and see if it is from Navigraph and if it has an airac number.

If everything looks good,  again go to

...\FSX\PMDG\NAVDATA

and delete the file ARPT_RWY.dat .  This is safe to do.  It will rebuild the next time you load a PMDG 747 or 777.  It is not part of the Navigraph navdata. Load a PMDG 747 or 777 and see if it works now with VHHX.

Please report back what you find as you may not be the only one having this problem.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike777.

Yes,i have installed AIRAC 1712 for PMDG,date is 9.November2017.

VHHX.txt is existing but that is from airac cycle 1309,dated on 19.08.2013

I have deleted the file ARPT_RWY.dat,reloaded the PMDG 777,it does not work with VHHX,So i can report to you:that is the situation now here.Many thanks again and again.

So is VHHX included in the AIRAC download or do we still have to add it by hand? The recent posts seem to contradict the first post.

Dear Angelo Cosma,

Please tell me how can i add that VHHX by hand ?.Thank you.