Sign in to follow this  
Jockos

Kai Tak (Old Hong Kong) VHHX Navigraph Airac 1712

Hi, All

As of the 1712 AIRAC release of the Navigraph data, VHHX exists in the data for all supported aircraft types. It does not exist in the current release of NavDataPro, and I have no idea what their plans may or may not be for support.

DJ

Dear Angelo Cosma,

I have downloaded the PMDG V.5.0 file and installed in FSX but no success with,i get the notify in FMC:Not in database,i give up.Many thanks for your input and support.

4 hours ago, CPT747 said:

Yes,i have installed AIRAC 1712 for PMDG,date is 9.November2017.

VHHX.txt is existing but that is from airac cycle 1309,dated on 19.08.2013

Hi CPT747,

Sorry you are still having a problem.  However some of the things you are saying don't make sense to me.  You say that there's a VHHX.txt file, but it is from Airac 1309.  1309 is the original PMDG 777 airac.  I still have it as a backup, and there is no vhhx.txt file in it (in the SIDSTARS folder).  Navigraph certainly was not including Kai Tak/VHHX data back in 2013. 

To get more help from me you will need to be much more precise as to what you did and where you are looking.  Just to repeat some questions you never answered:

1) What airac and date are showing on the opening/Ident page of the 777 (or 747)? 

2) Did you look in the ...\FSX\PMDG\NAVDATA folder and open the "cycle_info.txt" file with Notepad?  What airac is showing there?  Is it from Navigraph?

3) (New question) In addition, in what folder did you find the vhhx.txt file (the one with Airac 1309)?

I am pretty sure you are doing something wrong in installing the PMDG 1712 Airac.  I just re-downloaded the PMDG Airac 1712 a few minutes ago from Navigraph, and VHHX/Kai Tak is definitely there.  I just loaded the PMDG 777 and on the Ident page of the FMC I see Airac 1712 Nov 9 to Dec. 6 2017. (You can get to the Ident page from the Index, and probably from the opening page of the FMC where you can click on "FMC". ) When I set VHHX as destination on the route page, and then look on the Arrival page, there are the two runways and a bunch of STARs that I recognize.

Finally, there is no point in using Jock McIntyre's program or manual install instructions at VAPAP.com, when he and his friend Martin Stewart are the people who provided the information to Navigraph!  They wanted to eliminate the necessity of reinstalling VHHX every time a new airac is installed, and to make it available for aircraft where it is not possible to install manually.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

4 minutes ago, CPT747 said:

Dear Angelo Cosma,

I have downloaded the PMDG V.5.0 file and installed in FSX but no success with,i get the notify in FMC:Not in database,i give up.Many thanks for your input and support.

What is PMDG V 5.0?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Dear Mike777,

I got this address from Angelo Cosma:Please look at this

2 hours ago, CPT747 said:

Dear Angelo Cosma,

Please tell me how can i add that VHHX by hand ?.Thank you.

http://vapap.com/kai-tak-airport

sorry,i dont know anymore,my english is so poor,i cant explain all those things exactly in english language.Many thanks for your help and support and input.Thanks again.

38 minutes ago, CPT747 said:

sorry,i dont know anymore,my english is so poor,i cant explain all those things exactly in english language.Many thanks for your help and support and input.Thanks again.

How's your French?

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

2 hours ago, Mike777 said:

What is PMDG V 5.0?

Mike

It is the file name from the vpapp website. If navigraph is tested and reported working we can forget about this. If it is still non functioning then that website is where you get the files to manual install. 

1 hour ago, Angelo Cosma said:

It is the file name from the vpapp website. If navigraph is tested and reported working we can forget about this. If it is still non functioning then that website is where you get the files to manual install. 

Hi Angelo,

Didn't connect PMDG 5.0 to VAPAP site.  AFAIK 1712 is working fine for VHHX - I've loaded it on PMDG 777, Quality Wings 787, FSLabs A320 and Level-D 767.  The  data shows up in all their flight computers and I've made flights using the PMDG 777 and QW 787 with no issues related to the nav data.  Have you tested it on any aircraft?

I think CPT747's issues could be resolved by someone who is fluent in German.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

17 hours ago, CPT747 said:

.Indeed i cant see destination or arrivals or runways on my FMC updated to 1712 Airac from Navigraph,VHHX only is not existing as destination on my FMC ,any other airports do appear on my FMC,AIRAC 1712r.1 is correct. Thanks again and appreciated.

Hi CPT747,

Do you use Navigraph's automatic Data Manager?  Download link here:

https://www.navigraph.com/FMSDataManager.aspx

It installs airacs in the correct folders automatically.

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2

Hi Mike777,

Sorry for my delayed answer ;

I do use or i have to use the Aerosofts server for the Navigraph-AIRAC-updates,since i have purchased it from Aerosoft itself.This is a abonnement for 13 updates in a year.The link for names NDP.Maybe the problem issue is here,altough i have the confirmation that the update was successfully and the installation is okay.The FMC

says: AIRAC 1712r.1 is active and valid until Dec.to the next update date.I hope i could give you a little more information about the situation.it is confused.Thanks.

13 hours ago, Captain Kevin said:

Yes, it was only Navigraph that updated their navigation data to include VHHX. Aerosoft didn't do this. There's your problem.

Thanks Kevin for pointing this out.

14 hours ago, CPT747 said:

I do use or i have to use the Aerosofts server for the Navigraph-AIRAC-updates,since i have purchased it from Aerosoft itself.This is a abonnement for 13 updates in a year.

CPT747, as Kevin said, mit Aerosoft nicht VHHX - nur Navigraph hat VHHX.(sorry for my terrible German).

Mike

bUmq4nJ.jpg?2