Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Panel Configuration Discussion

So with all these mods everyone's 3d VC buttons like Dto, the inner and outer knobs, and the HOME buttons work?  I don't mean on the rxp popup gauges but the VC gauges?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

i don't know as i don't use them but propably not.

if not, it should not be difficult to see what event these button are raising and sending it to GTN corresponding function.

If nobody has the answer, i will watch by myself when having some free time.

i9-10850k - Asus Tuf Z490+ - 32 Go DDR4 - RTX 3070 8Go MSI Trio X

Bert and I got it figured out - more to come

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 10/29/2017 at 8:46 AM, ryanbatcund said:

Bert and I got it figured out - more to come

Okay. So where is the more to come?  

Also, I got a smooth looking installation of the RXP 750 into the Alabeo M20R panel, but with similar tradeoffs. Buttons and knobs are not accessible except in the popup.  And I cannot find a good way to close the popup RXP GTN 750 back to the VC.  Cannot find a way to get rid of the Alabeo-installed F1 GTN bezel, the two GNS bezels Alabeo uses are not suited.  Cannot find a clickspot on the popup, and the popleft and popright methods use most if not all of the screen as a click area and thus block access to the functions on the touch screen.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I ran into some snags, some of what you wrote, and mainly I can't seem to find the L:vars to program the knobs in the Mooney to have them work with the RXP.  Grrrr.  I just don't really understand the xml stuff.  That and I got sidetracked playing around with integrations into XP11 lol.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I ran into some snags, some of what you wrote, and mainly I can't seem to find the L:vars to program the knobs in the Mooney to have them work with the RXP.  Grrrr.  I just don't really understand the xml stuff.  That and I got sidetracked playing around with integrations into XP11 lol.

Ryan. Alabeo for the M20R, uses their GPS configuration .exe files, which obviously switch out panel textures as well as gauges.  I have had success with two other unrelated aircraft locating those textures and editing them in Photoshop to open up the areas needed for access to the controls.  What I would like to see RXP do is provide something more specific in size for clickpoints for the GTN's so that for instance the popleft or popright clickspot results are in an area of the gauge that does not affect the touchscreen.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

What I would like to see RXP do is provide something more specific in size for clickpoints for the GTN's so that for instance the popleft or popright clickspot results are in an area of the gauge that does not affect the touchscreen.

We try to have a forward thinking approach about the feature set, it is not always perfect. In this case though, you can review the ini file comments and check the various options:

; left mouse button popup ident  (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225) (disables touchscreen when set).
popleft = 
; right mouse button popup ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 

In effect:

popleft= disables any touchscreen operation and only toggle popup by ident.

popright= let's you 'right click' the screen to toggle a popup by ident (name or number) while still leaving left clicks for touchscreen operation.

You might wonder: what is the need to have a popleft= then? I don't know, the option is just there for you to exploit!

Once such case would be a VC where you don't want to interaction in 3D, only in a popup.

Another case would be taking advantage of our superior graphics technology, and for example configuring your panel like this:

- 1 popup window (use popright= only to dismiss)

- 1 VC nobezel (or not - use popright= only to popup)

- 1 tiny GTN (20x20) to serve as a 'sim icon' (use popleft= only to popup), placed to the corner of some popup windows like the one for the A/P? How cool would a live-updating sim icon be on a panel? 

I've also thought of having a popleft= still allowing touchscreen, using SHIFT+left for the popup ident function, but it is no different in the end than right-clicking on the screen and saves you using your other hand especially if your already grabbing the yoke at the same time.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

52 minutes ago, RXP said:

popright= let's you 'right click' the screen to toggle a popup by ident (name or number) while still leaving left clicks for touchscreen operation.

popleft= disables any touchscreen operation and only toggle popup by ident.

52 minutes ago, RXP said:

- 1 popup window (use popright= only to dismiss)

- 1 VC nobezel (or not - use popright= only to popup)

Still looking for a combination that works in the Alabeo M20R. The best fit is to leave their panel textures with their GTN750 bezel in place and use your NO_BEZEL option.  Creates a nice appearance (see below), but of course the buttons and knobs on their bezel do not then work. Not a big issue for a GTN that is mostly touch screen anyway:

rxp_gtn_m20r%28a%29-M.jpg

But here is my experience.  If I configure the RealityXP.GTN.ini file like this:

//--------------------------------

; left mouse button popup ident  (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225) (disables touchscreen when set).
popleft = 
; right mouse button popup ident (ex: GPS_PANEL or 225).
popright = 
; adjust brightness (0 to 100)
brightness.bezel = 100
; offset brightness (-100 to +100)
brightness.screen = 0

[GTN_750_1.NO-BEZEL]
nobezel = true

[GTN_750_1.POP_RXP]
popright = 15531

[GTN_750_1.UNPOP_RXP]
popright = 15531

//---------------------------------------------

And the panel.cfg file like this:

[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=530,495
ident=15531
window_pos= 0.770, 0.5850
//window_size= 0.340, 0.580
window_size= 0.2300, 0.4000
zorder=99
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,530,495, UNPOP_RXP

[Vcockpit01]
Background_color=0,0,0 
size_mm=1024,1024
visible=1
pixel_size=1024,1024
texture=$Panel_1

gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,667,794, NO_BEZEL
gauge01=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,667,794, POP_RXP

//---------------------------------

What happens is the right click pops up and unpops like intended. But the first left click on the RXP GTN touchscreen in the virtual cockpit produces an additional smaller live GTN screen overlaying the original screen.

Both the original and overlay are live. i.e they both respond to left clicks on the smaller overlay.  They even respond to the 2D popup.  It looks like this:

rxp_gtn_m20r%281%29-M.jpg

What causes that smaller overlay.  Any suggestions?  

Frank Patton
ASUS 

4 minutes ago, fppilot said:

gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,667,794, NO_BEZEL
gauge01=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,667,794, POP_RXP

This is what is causing this: you are using two instances of the same gauge at the exact same location.

What you want is:

1) A popup GTN, with the capability to click-dismiss:

panel.cfg:

[Window07]
ident=15531
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,530,495, MY_POPUP

RealityXP.GTN.ini:

[GTN_750_1.MY_POPUP]
popright=15531

2) A VC GTN, with the capability to click-show the popup window

panel.cfg:

[Vcockpit01]
gauge00=rxpGTN!GTN_750_1, 0, 0,667,794, MY_VC

RealityXP.GTN.ini:

[GTN_750_1.MY_VC]
nobezel=true
popright=15531

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)