Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

Sim pauses every 5-10 min

4 hours ago, jeypee said:

NO antivir at all atm, only the win10 onboard stuff

Any ideas?

1. You don't mention screen resolution?

2. Turn Windows Defender off during test. Suggest you and anyone else who has issues with Windows 10 doing things download Shutup 10 (freeware) it allows you turn off many aspects of 10 using the network and peer to peer.

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

The advertise as Microsoft partners and it allows you to do many things in 10 including pushing back updates.

3. Have you put all your programs in as trusted in the Firewall? Weather engine polling could be 1 of many possible causes.

4. Move sliders all way to the left and disable all but one addon and start from there. Test each one separately and then add them one at a time.

5. use CPUz and afterburner to log your hardware utilisation

Something is causing that freeze either memory load or a network poll issue ( without more testing) you need to find it. Good luck there is a cause for all of this, the test is on your patience and ability to trouble shoot systematically.

A.Chryss - near YSCB

1. ASUS ROG STRIX X299 i9-7900X (delid - 4.9Ghz All Cores), EK 420x45 RAD, D5 Pump, EK monoblok, 32GBs GSkill 3600MHz ram 1T, Gig Aorus GTX1080Ti (2075Mhz), SSung 970 Evo 2TB & 1Tb & 960Evo 500GB NVMe, 2xSSDs. XBox controller for camera views. - Flight sims

2. ASUS ROG STRIX X570 Ryzen 3900X - 4.3Ghz (12 cores) Corsair H115i, Gig 2080Ti OC, 32MHz ram 2x 970EVO 1TBNVME  3x ssd etc.  P3D v4.5 & v5, XP11 & DCS. 43"-4k + 27"-2k monitors & tablets. Warthog controllers, Honeycomb Yoke, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, TrackIR . - Games server

10 hours ago, simbol said:

Your system is below the system recommended requirements stated by LM, you will need to run the system with much less settings to make it work.

Recommended by LM:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer Processor: Core 3.5 GHz (Per Core) +

Computer Memory: 16 GB DDR4/2666MHz +

Hard Drive : 40 GB (3 GB for the SDK) M.2 or Solid State Drive (SSD) is strongly recommended

Graphics Card Video Memory: 8 GB +

Graphics Card Other: Full DirectX 11 Support

Source: https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/ 

You are suffering from problems because your system cannot cope, try disabling shadows, water effects, Dynamic Lights, reduce your anti-aliacing and move most of the settings bar to the left, etc. 

To properly solve your problem:

Upgrade or OC your CPU if posible.

Add more RAM

Upgrade your Video Card.

Install PD3 at least on an SSD.

Best Regards,
Simbol

I am well aware that my system is below the recommended specifications. My settings are turned down so that I can run P3D smoothly on my sim. I can run the NGX, with ASP4 and REX TD while maintaining 20-30fps. This freezing started once I started adding AI traffic bgl files. I have no freezes when flying online.

3 hours ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I am well aware that my system is below the recommended specifications. My settings are turned down so that I can run P3D smoothly on my sim. I can run the NGX, with ASP4 and REX TD while maintaining 20-30fps. This freezing started once I started adding AI traffic bgl files. I have no freezes when flying online.

AI traffic adds a lot of strain to the simulator, I get 150 fps while flying online, with AI enabled 70fps and if I use the PMDG 30 to 38fps, if I fly not busy areas 60 fps.

You cannot expect PD3V4 to function properly on your current hardware, if you don't upgrade you will never get rid of the issue.

I was advising you just in case you were unaware, but it seems you are.

Simbol 

On 11 November 2017 at 11:05 PM, jeypee said:

The freezes are 4-7 seconds and i see the windows loading circle.

If you see the Windows loading circle, it's almost certainly some background app that's causing the freezes. Check process explorer during the freezes to see what's using up processor time.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Didn't read the whole thread but I'm thinking your ram is low and windoze is paging...I have 16gb ram and when I run p3dv4 with ut2 and as16 an efb it's using 10gb ram

spacer.png

1 hour ago, vortex681 said:

If you see the Windows loading circle, it's almost certainly some background app that's causing the freezes. Check process explorer during the freezes to see what's using up processor time.

Wild guess are you running the patched lds 767?

14ppkc-6.png

35 minutes ago, tooting said:

Wild guess are you running the patched lds 767?

Oh I don't like the sound of that.

I run that when I fly 32 bit p3d.

spacer.png

Haven't had time to investigate this further until now. Let me first say that I know my system may be below what is recommended by LM, but I haven't had any problems with P3D v4 or v4.1 until very recently. That made me think it could be related to something else. I will try some of the tips provided in this thread, and I might try a reinstall in the end.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Marius S

I´ve just done a reinstall of P3D and did a short test flight today with the FSLA320 and a few sceneries installed. So far no issues.

Marius S