Sign in to follow this  
Marius_S

Sim pauses every 5-10 min

I´m running P3D v4.1 with Win 10, and recently I have had problem with the sim pausing every 5-10 minutes in cruise and bit more often getting close to landing (both payware and default airports) for 5-10 seconds. When it happens, I get the windows loading circle.

I do not have to many admins installed at the moment, but here is the list:

ASN
Fsuipc (freeware version)
UTlive
PMDG 737NGX with FS2Crew
FSlabs A320
GSX
Orbx global, vector, open LC europe
Various payware airports

What I have done so far is to disable the anti virus and rebuild the p3d.cfg. I have only flown the PMDG 737 and the FSlabs A320, so I don´t know if it happens with default aircraft.

Before I try to reinstall, have anyone experienced this and have any solutions?

Marius S

Are you running a weather engine? Try enabling addons one at a time to see if it narrows down the culprit.

Couple of questions / suggestions.

- Make sure you are running P3D and all addons as an administrator (permissions can cause "hangs")

- Any p3d.cfg tweaks?

- Get the latest version of Samsung magician and disable rapid mode and over provisioning

- Uninstall Intel RST if you have it (the native Win 10 drivers are better)

- Latest bios and drivers?

- Custom windows cache size?

- Background processes / applications?

- Spyware check?

- CPU temps at load?

- Have you considered more system RAM?

• Upvote 1

Use 16 Gb or more memory and you will be fine...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Also it is recommended to put PD3V4 on an SSD.

Your system is no in line with LM system requirements.

https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/

Simbol 

Deleted

Edited by HUSSAR
Added quoted section from OP.

\Robert Hamlich/

I have the same problem, the sim freezes for a few seconds every half hour or so during flight, On my install, this was being caused due to the sim injecting traffic ino the sim. All current traffic is cleared, and then new traffic injected. The only solution so far is to set traffic to 0.

I use custom built AI traffic, using AIFP and the FAIB/TFS aircraft models.

54 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I have the same problem, the sim freezes for a few seconds every half hour or so during flight, On my install, this was being caused due to the sim injecting traffic ino the sim. All current traffic is cleared, and then new traffic injected. The only solution so far is to set traffic to 0.

I use custom built AI traffic, using AIFP and the FAIB/TFS aircraft models.

What are your system specs? That is a symptom not the cause.

On 11/10/2017 at 8:14 AM, Marius_S said:

I´m running P3D v4.1 with Win 10, and recently I have had problem with the sim pausing every 5-10 minutes in cruise and bit more often getting close to landing (both payware and default airports) for 5-10 seconds. When it happens, I get the windows loading circle.

I do not have to many admins installed at the moment, but here is the list:

ASN
Fsuipc (freeware version)
UTlive
PMDG 737NGX with FS2Crew
FSlabs A320
GSX
Orbx global, vector, open LC europe
Various payware airports

What I have done so far is to disable the anti virus and rebuild the p3d.cfg. I have only flown the PMDG 737 and the FSlabs A320, so I don´t know if it happens with default aircraft.

Before I try to reinstall, have anyone experienced this and have any solutions?

Windows 10 has less customization aspects and is doing very strange things these days, one cannot disable its control over our PC's.  Disabling AV will not help, you have to either uninstall or add exclusions so it will not scan your files and folders.  Even exluding files may not be enough and need to be re-applied after an update.

Make sure that you have the latest update of ASP4 and other apps.

\Robert Hamlich/

2 hours ago, simbol said:

What are your system specs? That is a symptom not the cause.

I7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ

GTX 860M with 4GB memory

12GB RAM

Everything installed on an HDD.

35 minutes ago, ninerwhiskey9W said:

I7-4720HQ @ 2.6GHZ

GTX 860M with 4GB memory

12GB RAM

Everything installed on an HDD.

Your system is below the system recommended requirements stated by LM, you will need to run the system with much less settings to make it work.

Recommended by LM:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer Processor: Core 3.5 GHz (Per Core) +

Computer Memory: 16 GB DDR4/2666MHz +

Hard Drive : 40 GB (3 GB for the SDK) M.2 or Solid State Drive (SSD) is strongly recommended

Graphics Card Video Memory: 8 GB +

Graphics Card Other: Full DirectX 11 Support

Source: https://www.prepar3d.com/system-requirements/ 

You are suffering from problems because your system cannot cope, try disabling shadows, water effects, Dynamic Lights, reduce your anti-aliacing and move most of the settings bar to the left, etc. 

To properly solve your problem:

Upgrade or OC your CPU if posible.

Add more RAM

Upgrade your Video Card.

Install PD3 at least on an SSD.

Best Regards,
Simbol

I have exact same problem. Sim freezes every few minutes after a quite while of flight. The freezes are 4-7 seconds and i see the windows loading circle. Very bad situation, especially during approach.

I DONT think its a hardware problem as you can see with my specs. i recently did a full fresh win10 install, before i installed my new 4.1 .

my specs:

P3D4.1 (starting with admin rights)

Win10pro 64bit 1709 16299.19
NO antivir at all atm, only the win10 onboard stuff

i7-6700k @4,5, HT on
GTX1070 Gainward golden sample
16GB DDR4-3200
Win10 on 256GB SSD, P3D on extra 500GB SSD

My Addons:

FTX Global, Vector, Landclass EU NA alot of regions, but the problem occures also in region without lc or regions
AS4+ASCA (starting with admin rights)
PTA
FSUIPC registered (problem occures also with autosave OFF)
some addon airports
PMDG NGX , T7, 747
no traffic addon at the moment, all air ai traffic OFF
sliders not full right (most 1 tick before)

i also tried a fresh p3d.cfg and did some af settings together with process lasso. without success.

Only thing i didnt test yet is set HT to OFF and uninstall Intel RST.

My drivers and bios are up to date and my temps are under full load about 70-75 celsius (CPU and GPU).

Any ideas?