Sign in to follow this  
Noel

If I install P3D 4.x....

...will I be able to also install and have essentially trouble-free operation with ALL of the following add-ons:

• FTX global/regional sceneries and airports
  • FSDT airports
  • Majestic Q400 Pilot's
  • PMDG 737/777
  • FSCaptain

I had decided not to upgrade to V4 until all of these work well, so if you happen to know I would greatly appreciate it.  Also, is there a compelling reason I need to change to Win 10 as I currently use Win 7 Pro?   My system is a 5 y/o SB-E rig at 4.4Ghz w/ GTX Titan vanilla and ample ram.  I was hoping not to upgrade the simulator until my hardware finally gives up the ghost but it's still going strong so a little tempted to move to 4.x, but only if all of hte above work flawlessly as I am not one to play w/ constant fixes.

Thanks!

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Can't say about FSCaptain but most people have no issues with the others in your list. I would expect there might be individual airports that are not compatible but for the most part, they are ok.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Here's what I run from your list;

FTX global/regional sceneries and airports

Majestic Q400 Pilot's

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Noel,

FTX Global and airports now working...make sure to enable ObjectFlow2 for P3Dv4 in FTX Central. I have most of the FSDT airports and the ones I have are all updated for v4. PMDG updated; Q400 updated, but will cost $$; FSCaptain, I have no idea, but check here: http://www.theskylounge.tv/topic/5106-the-ultimate-p3d-v4-add-on-update-compatibility-list/?page=65

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Thanks all sounds like a reasonable bet.  I think one of the developers at FSCaptain is using P3Dv4 so that should be OK or will be soon.

How critical is Win 10 over Win 7?  I had assumed Win 10 would not become SIGNIFICANTLY better until DirectX 12 technology was being utilized by P3D.  I have a strong desire to not purchase Win 10 as I only use it for P3D.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

46 minutes ago, Noel said:

I think one of the developers at FSCaptain is using P3Dv4 so that should be OK or will be soon

There are the beta versions in forums, you can use it, i just asked google :happy: http://fscaptain.proboards.com/thread/3180/

46 minutes ago, Noel said:

How critical is Win 10 over Win 7?

i'm still on 7, no reason to go for Win 10 for me now. I will probably move to Win 10 when i build new system, but only becouse it's required for the new series intel CPU's(or some of their new features)

1 hour ago, Noel said:

How critical is Win 10 over Win 7?  I had assumed Win 10 would not become SIGNIFICANTLY better until DirectX 12 technology was being utilized by P3D.  I have a strong desire to not purchase Win 10 as I only use it for P3D.

If you go for Win 10, I would go for the pro version. Then you can select which "upgrades" you desire and require. If not, MS may decide for you!:ohmy: Flight simulation, in my opinion, doesn't appear high on their priority list. 

I am on Win 7 pro and P3dv3.4. Luddite? Perhaps, but I have everything working perfectly. I justify my aging installation by the saying, "if it ain't broke why fix it"?

Regards.

2 hours ago, charlie130 said:

If you go for Win 10, I would go for the pro version. Then you can select which "upgrades" you desire and require. If not, MS may decide for you!:ohmy: Flight simulation, in my opinion, doesn't appear high on their priority list. 

I am on Win 7 pro and P3dv3.4. Luddite? Perhaps, but I have everything working perfectly.

Wear your Luddite Badge with Honor!  I'm not afraid of new technology, I just don't like to play beta tester let alone alpha tester.  I used to, but eventually tired of it.  Some may see that as shirking moving the product further which is arguably true, but the way I see it is I would much rather LM had done every two year full releases w/ no incremental .1, .2, .3 updates.  This seems a waste of 3rd party content developers time having to support sometimes every single incremental iteration, so they could relax until the SDK comes in prep for the next major release.   Just do a full clean update every two years and then people can commence to flying instead of the incessant micro updates.   But then again you're hearing from someone still using 3.0.   OK yes someone mentioned this before I recall now--certain hardware will not work going forward w/ Win 7.  Dang it!  If 1080 Ti and 8700K and the X processors work w/ Win 7 I'll still be good.  Are PCIe  SSD's compatible I wonder?  

Noel

10 hours ago, Noel said:

Wear your Luddite Badge with Honor!  I'm not afraid of new technology, I just don't like to play beta tester let alone alpha tester.  I used to, but eventually tired of it.  Some may see that as shirking moving the product further which is arguably true, but the way I see it is I would much rather LM had done every two year full releases w/ no incremental .1, .2, .3 updates.  This seems a waste of 3rd party content developers time having to support sometimes every single incremental iteration, so they could relax until the SDK comes in prep for the next major release.   Just do a full clean update every two years and then people can commence to flying instead of the incessant micro updates.   But then again you're hearing from someone still using 3.0.   OK yes someone mentioned this before I recall now--certain hardware will not work going forward w/ Win 7.  Dang it!  If 1080 Ti and 8700K and the X processors work w/ Win 7 I'll still be good.  Are PCIe  SSD's compatible I wonder?  

Well put.

I did two "micro updates" with P3dv3.4. This resulted in anomalies with a couple of my add ones. I ended up installing client and content. Since I froze at 3.4, my simulator is stable. So, I suppose it's up to end users to decide if the next micro evolution is what they need, or not. All personal choice, which is good. What's not so good is an operating system manufacturer who puts updates on your system, without regard that it may cause 32 bit simulators to malfunction?

As for hardware upgrades, I think it's safe to assume Intel will permit backwards compatibility. 

When I see P3dv4 with some 64 bit features that I would enjoy, then that will be the time to spend more money on my hobby. Currently, I have only found one aircraft with 64 bit tech, the 717 with it's "Tru glass". But wait, I had rain effect in FS9 and had rain, ice and snow on the windshield of the PMDG Jetstream, in FSX!  Circles within circles?

Onward and upward.

Best regards.

I have everything except for FSCaptain installed on my system with WIN10 Pro and P3D v4.1 and everything works just fine.

Jack

The Swede in Spain