Sign in to follow this  
davidjpowell

Failure Scenario's

Just an idea which occurred to me.

PMDG have obviously taken time to programme detailed specific failures into their aircraft.  These are so detailed it is sometimes hard to pick up what has failed....

What would be kind of neat are some additional failure scenario's...

So for instance a bird strike, may cause blade damage, or even shatter which could go from causing vibration, to an uncontaminated failure damaging hydraulic systems.  A flat tyre may cause debris to be thrown into the gear bay damaging valves...  A door failure may be a small leak, or may mean a cargo door has left the aircraft and hit an engine on the way etc..  I'm sure there are plenty of scenario's which the more technical minded fiend could come up with.

Just an idea that I thought I would share.  Would be interesting if it could be installed in current or future releases...  or not...

David Powell

4 hours ago, davidjpowell said:

I'm sure there are plenty of scenario's which the more technical minded fiend could come up with.

The inherent problem with these suggestions is that they involve damage to the aircraft model, and this is very difficult to pull off with the current FDX. 

Dan Downs KCRP

I believe there are some aircraft that will give a broken windshield with a birdstrike.  I can't remember which one.  There is also one that will give you tire failure.  So I know it is possible.

I agree it would be fun, especially if it is just random.

I was thinking the other day about that, and if it would be possible to simulate an engine explosion followed by sever vibration.  That would scare the word not allowed out of you.

3 hours ago, signmanbob said:

I believe there are some aircraft that will give a broken windshield with a birdstrike.  I can't remember which one.  There is also one that will give you tire failure.  So I know it is possible.

What's possible and what's practical are two completely different things. Not knowing which plane does this, it's possible that that plane is far less complex than any PMDG aircraft.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

27 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

What's possible and what's practical are two completely different things. Not knowing which plane does this, it's possible that that plane is far less complex than any PMDG aircraft.

That's true.  I'm not saying that it would work with PMDG's aircraft.  It just would be cool if it did.